• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

FemalesCANTDriv

LMAO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
Where I go to school
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

First two sound like letter of intent... last two sound like letters of interest.

Darkshooter326

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just say you would be excited to have an opportunity to study medicine there. I personally don't like the top of list stuff, it is less direct towards the school and not as strong, my opinion.

About the Ads

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Be honest. If you'd go to School A above any other if you were to be accepted, say so. If you just really want to go there, say that instead.

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status (Visible)
I spoke w/ someone in admissions the other day and their take was much like I expected. Basically since nothing is legally binding, they treat it as such. They look at it as strong interest, but they realize its not binding and so put a commensurate amount of weight on it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.