Various LOI language and binding-ness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

FemalesCANTDriv

LMAO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

First two sound like letter of intent... last two sound like letters of interest.

Darkshooter326

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just say you would be excited to have an opportunity to study medicine there. I personally don't like the top of list stuff, it is less direct towards the school and not as strong, my opinion.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Be honest. If you'd go to School A above any other if you were to be accepted, say so. If you just really want to go there, say that instead.

pjl2505

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
second one is letter of interest, in my opinion

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke w/ someone in admissions the other day and their take was much like I expected. Basically since nothing is legally binding, they treat it as such. They look at it as strong interest, but they realize its not binding and so put a commensurate amount of weight on it.