Various LOI language and binding-ness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I don't want to do others, myself, or the school a disservice by sending out more than one LOintent--so I just wanted to get the language straight.

"i will enroll if accepted" -- duh, LOintent

just saying "my top choice school" without the "i will enroll" guarantee -- LOinterest or LOintent?

"at the top of my list" --LOintent or LOinterest (i'm leaning toward LOinterest)

"i would be excited to get an acceptance" -- LOinterest or LOintent?

thanks..

First two sound like letter of intent... last two sound like letters of interest.

Just say you would be excited to have an opportunity to study medicine there. I personally don't like the top of list stuff, it is less direct towards the school and not as strong, my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be honest. If you'd go to School A above any other if you were to be accepted, say so. If you just really want to go there, say that instead.

second one is letter of interest, in my opinion

I spoke w/ someone in admissions the other day and their take was much like I expected. Basically since nothing is legally binding, they treat it as such. They look at it as strong interest, but they realize its not binding and so put a commensurate amount of weight on it.