This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devarlin23

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could help out and give their opinions on the different campuses and what the positives/negatives are for each.
They now have a Louisiana campus making the decision between the 4 campuses harder.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

If I make it to the Louisiana campus, I’ll let you know. Building looks great.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I visited the Virginia campus in April and really liked it; I could certainly see myself there. I love the small/ college town feel, Virginia Tech is beautiful, and the students were all laid back and friendly. Maybe a plus in the Virginia column could be Carillion residency connections, but I'm not 100% sure if the other campuses wouldn't have something similar.

I visited the Virginia campus in April and really liked it; I could certainly see myself there. I love the small/ college town feel, Virginia Tech is beautiful, and the students were all laid back and friendly. Maybe a plus in the Virginia column could be Carillion residency connections, but I'm not 100% sure if the other campuses wouldn't have something similar.

Thank you for your input!

Can't attest at all to the other campuses, but my alma mater is Virginia Tech so I can definitely attest to what @Monarch0319 mentioned about the beautiful campus and laid-back student body. I greatly enjoyed my time in Blacksburg; it's a gorgeous, mountain laid-back environment, small-town feel, and huge supportive-type community. The students are real down to earth and so are the faculty; made some seriously important connections and relationships there that I have really missed since I moved away. Carillion is a big health group there, so are the Lewis-Gale hospitals that are sprinkled throughout VA. I used to run EMS down there too with a peripheral agency and couldn't say enough about the medical staff/environment in that area as well.

Can't attest at all to the other campuses, but my alma mater is Virginia Tech so I can definitely attest to what @Monarch0319 mentioned about the beautiful campus and laid-back student body. I greatly enjoyed my time in Blacksburg; it's a gorgeous, mountain laid-back environment, small-town feel, and huge supportive-type community. The students are real down to earth and so are the faculty; made some seriously important connections and relationships there that I have really missed since I moved away. Carillion is a big health group there, so are the Lewis-Gale hospitals that are sprinkled throughout VA. I used to run EMS down there too with a peripheral agency and couldn't say enough about the medical staff/environment in that area as well.

Thank you so much! I think I'm leaning towards Virginia.

I believe it's 4020 Northeast Dr., Sandel Hall, Suite 311
Monroe, LA 71209 (it was in one of the emails they sent out)

This is actually their suite within Sandel Hall on ULM's campus. Don't think the new building has an address yet. I've interviewed and been accepted to the Louisiana campus, so let me know if you have any questions!

I attended an open house at the Auburn campus. It was nice with new facilities, and friendly staff Auburn is a nice college town as well. Has the historic small college town feel. I'd be happy to go there.