VCU: any recent interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanidiot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's just after the holidays, but I am wondering if people have received any recent interview invites from VCU. I received one of their patented cryptic messages last month which I vaguely interpret as a pre-interview hold...just want to see whether it's worthwhile holding out for them psychologically. I haven't received any interview invites at all yet, so I'm grasping at straws at the moment. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I received what seemed like an pre-interview hold from them and about two-three weeks later, they gave me an interview. hope that helps! :) good luck.

I just got their cryptic message last night - hoping for an interview in a few weeks! So, there IS something going on there over the holidays. (hope hope hope hope :love: )

Members don't see this ad :)
ShyRem said:
I just got their cryptic message last night
what was your message? This was mine about a five weeks ago:

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

File Complete Date: 10/26/2004

That's the one. My complete date was something like 11/9 (stupid LORs!). But they haven't said no, and obviously their adcom is working if I just got the message.

this is the crap i got last night:

The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we may be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to, you will be notified by e-mail.

File Complete Date: 11/3/2004

I called the office and asked them whether they could give me my 'priority score' compared to others, but it was a no go. waht do you all think? interview possible?

shawty ya'head said:

The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we may be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to, you will be notified by e-mail.

I called the office and asked them whether they could give me my 'priority score' compared to others, but it was a no go. waht do you all think? interview possible?

I got this BS last night too. Seems like they are beating around the bush becasue it smells sweeter than flat out saying "no".

shawty ya'head said:

I got this message in Nov and recieved an interview the next day :thumbup:

MedicineBird said:
Seems like they are beating around the bush becasue it smells sweeter than flat out saying "no".

I agree. I suspect I will be receiving the 'priority score' message soon too. For all of you who received a message commenting on priority score, did you receive any earlier cryptic messages like the one I received five weeks ago? I'm just wondering if their tactic is to send you a series of these messages to string you along until they drop the axe later in the spring/summer.

they're so whack.

just tell me if i got blasted, i don't care. you school is in richmond.

-a

pratik7 said:
I got this message in Nov and recieved an interview the next day :thumbup:

Hmm...perhaps all bets are off then I guess :confused:

It almost seems like they have a 'random message' program that sends out slight variations on the same 'pre-hold' message just to throw students off track.

My message must not be good then...

The committee's file review indicates that they wish to consider your file over the next several weeks before making a decision about interview. Since they have some reservations about granting an interview, your file will be reviewed again by a small sub-committee before making a final decision. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

Reservations me @ss!

Are any of yall August MCATers? If not, do you think this means that they haven't gotten to our applications yet, or that we may be getting an interview or rejection letter in the mail soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was an Aug MCAT'er (see my prev. post - complete in early Nov due to LOR delay). I choose to see this as they're finally getting around to our apps and hope springs eternal.

i'm a aug-mcater and i got that message yesterday.

hopefully somethin' pops up soon.

-a

I received the following message around mid-Nov.

I received an interview invite on Monday 1/11/04. My scheduled interview is toward the end of January
Also, I am an August MCATer and out of state.

I hope this gives hope to those who are still waiting.

For those who just recently received interview invites to VCU after a pre-interview hold, what are your stats (GPA, MCAT) and are you in-state? I know our file is so much more than those numbers, but it would help gauge where they are in the process. I have been on hold since late November, with my file completed 10/13. I am a Virginia resident, 27 MCAT, 3.58 undergrad, 3.76 grad (MS in biomedical engr).

29 MCAT, 3.5 GPA (this time around) in double chem/math major done in 3 years. Had prev. college (many years ago) with GPA of 2.58. I have decent ECs, 10 years as a paramedic in several different systems. Out of state.

I interviewed in November but a friend of mine who took the August MCAT just received an interview for Feb 1.

i took the aug mcat
completed on 11/3
haven't got ish yet
just a stupid message

3.6/34

i hate life

I just spoke with someone in the admissions office at VCU: The last interview day is on February 24th. She said that they will invite for interview as close to two weeks prior to interview. This suggests that the last day to expect an interview invite from VCU would be February 12th. While she wouldn't tell me my priority score, she said that the different messages that people receive probably go according to priority score. So if you received one vague message that seemed similar but yet not exact to someone else, it's probably because you have a different score.

She also noted that many people are withdrawing rapidly as well as not showing up so it's very difficult for them to figure out whether or not certain people will be scheduled. They schedule people according to score: if someone at your score withdraws, then you will be scheduled.

REQUEST ON BEHALF OF ALL WHO WISH TO INTERVIEW AT VCU:

PLEASE DO NOT COMMIT A 'NO SHOW'. That interview spot will most likely not be replaced! Your fellow SDN'er could have been desperately in need of that spot. If you don't want it, PLEASE withdraw with reasonable enough time so that they may schedule someone else who does want it. I don't mean to lecture, just a friendly suggestion to be considerate of your online friends!

yip and they're still 'file reviewing' people meaning that everyone has not been assessed yet...

they still have 2 more weeks to giving out invites and then interviewing 2 weeks after feb 14th...

i don't think its goin' to happen for me..

DeaconMD04 said:
Are any of yall August MCATers? If not, do you think this means that they haven't gotten to our applications yet, or that we may be getting an interview or rejection letter in the mail soon?

I was an August MCATer but received an interview invite before my scores were released...I think 3 weeks before scores came out. I was very shocked being that I'm out of state and my numbers were WAY below average. I didn't make the December cut-offs but am hoping for an acceptance in February.

Good luck to those waiting who really want to go there. It's a nice place. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and would love to attend!