VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBPharmD15

VCU Pharmacy c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to VCU as an early decision applicant for the class of 2015? If so, have you heard anything back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in this group. I haven't heard anything. I don't think there's any supplemental based on what I read from last year. I think the earliest they'll contact us is in the last week of August. They seem to be getting slower every year. :p

The last week of August couldn't come soon enough! This waiting game sucks :bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know man right. The last week of August is just speculation though on my part, they could even wait until September I guess. From reading past stuff I think the first interview is by mid Sept. Have you already taken the PCAT? I'm taking it this Saturday so they may not even contact me until after PCAT scores come in late Sept!

I took my PCAT in January and in June. From reading other posts, I think they'll still offer interviews to people who haven't taken the PCAT yet. Hopefully we'll both hear for interviews late August, early September. Good luck Saturday

Hey thanks, I think it came in handy! Man that was grueling, how you did it twice is beyond me :p I think 95% of the battle was just getting through it lol. Anyways I do hope we hear soon and I will keep you posted on here. Is it seriously just the two of us? Not that I'm complaining, less competition :p

I was thinking the same thing! Man, the less competition the better! Being that we applied so early, I think we have a better chance of getting an interview anyway. My app was mailed in the first batch in the beginning of august, I believe aug 2. I'll keep u posted on here as well. Maybe by the time interview offers are made there will be more people posting on here...

Yeah I think so too, people are probably enjoying the last of their vacations so they're not concerning themselves just yet :p VCU starts this Thursday, so hopefully shortly after that they may start contacting people, so maybe in the first week of September we'll hear something.

I don't know when the first interview was last year, but they seemed so behind by the end of the ED period, because many people didn't even get their decision letters till mid Nov, and the deadline is 10/23. They were definitely making last minute decisions. However, I have never seen the interview for ED applicants later than 10/10 so interview wise we *hopefully* should hear something by September, hopefully before mid September! :xf:

Hi!!! I am applying for the early decision as well. Pharmcas have not sent in my appl. yet so I am sure that I would be the last one to hear from VCU regarding their decision for early admission.

BTW, Good luck with all of us applying this fall :)

Hey mano, again :p
Not necessarily will you be the last one, if you're competitive you'll probably be contacted immediately.
I think I might be deferred though because I still have 4 prerequisite classes to complete, and all science, so...

Not necessarily will you be the last one, if you're competitive you'll probably be contacted immediately.
I think I might be deferred though because I still have 4 prerequisite classes to complete, and all science, so...

I don't think that this should have a difference. As long as you're finished will all your pre-reqs prior to matriculation, you'll be fine, in my opinion. I still have 2 science classes and 3 electives to complete. I'm taking 4 of those 5 classes this semester and 1 next semester and I'll have my B.S in May. Will you be getting your degree in May or have you just been working on pre-reqs?

I don't think that this should have a difference. As long as you're finished will all your pre-reqs prior to matriculation, you'll be fine, in my opinion. I still have 2 science classes and 3 electives to complete. I'm taking 4 of those 5 classes this semester and 1 next semester and I'll have my B.S in May. Will you be getting your degree in May or have you just been working on pre-reqs?
I will be getting my degree in May but I still have 27 credits alone in it to finish this year w/o counting those 4 classes (taking 18 credits this sem). I know they said we can be finished by the end of the summer but I'm cutting it close since I'm not working on any of them now, so I'd have them done over the spring and summer. Plus my PCAT scores will be cutting it close too since they come at the end of the month. But yeah I guess we'll see...

So seems like we applied the earliest out our grand total of 3 on here lol, still haven't heard anything?

I will be getting my degree in May but I still have 27 credits alone in it to finish this year w/o counting those 4 classes (taking 18 credits this sem). I know they said we can be finished by the end of the summer but I'm cutting it close since I'm not working on any of them now, so I'd have them done over the spring and summer. Plus my PCAT scores will be cutting it close too since they come at the end of the month. But yeah I guess we'll see...

So seems like we applied the earliest out our grand total of 3 on here lol, still haven't heard anything?

Nope, still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping we hear something within the next 2 weeks.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for ED too. My app was among the first that was sent to VCU. I'm hoping to hear something pretty soon too. I'm currently not a student, but I have an MS in
Physiology and a BS in Biochemistry. Also, I have been working for Pfizer for almost 3 years now as a scientist. I'm hoping this helps. I still have one more prerequisite, but I'm hoping to finish the class this fall. Good luck to everyone and I'll post whenever I heat something back.

I appied early too, but my application didn't get mailed until late august. Haven't heard anything yet either and i know a few friends who haven't heard yet too...

Just got the call! Interview is set for sept 25!

congrats! nothing here yet, what are your statistics if you dont mind me asking

Just got the call! Interview is set for sept 25!

Congrats and Good luck..

PHARMCAS have not mailed my application yet so we will see...I really hope I'm still considered as an early add. applicant

I guess let's try not to assume things..I mean you only have 4 pre-req's left so don't give up just yet:) Good luck to all of us and :xf:

OMG you guys...I just got an interview invite! Yay! It was so funny, so I log on here and saw that CBPharmD got an interview invite so I jumped to my phone and saw a voicemail message so I started like jumping up and down and then I called Melissa and I'm sure she thinks I'm a bumbling idiot now lol I could not even speak...ahhh omg I can't believe it I'm so nervous now...I hope my PCAT scores are decent...

when did you send in your application Cloud 9 ?
Really early, my GPAs were calculated before mid July and my application was one of the first to be sent out, I believe Aug 02.

OMG you guys...I just got an interview invite! Yay! It was so funny, so I log on here and saw that CBPharmD got an interview invite so I jumped to my phone and saw a voicemail message so I started like jumping up and down and then I called Melissa and I'm sure she thinks I'm a bumbling idiot now lol I could not even speak...ahhh omg I can't believe it I'm so nervous now...I hope my PCAT scores are decent...

haha, thats awesome! I was sitting in Physics class and my phone started vibrating...I saw that it was an 804 number...but I couldn't answer it! Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate until I was able to listen to the voice mail after class. Good luck!:) When are you interviewing?

Last edited:
haha, thats awesome! I was sitting in Physics class and my phone started vibrating...I saw that it was an 804 number...but I couldn't answer it! Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate until I was able to listen to the voice mail after class. Good luck!:) When are you interviewing?

Thank you, you too! Thats crazy, I got the call when I was in class too but I leave my cell at home sometimes so I didn't know for a whole 3+ hours, thankfully your post saved the day :p

I'm interviewing Sept 25th...I would've preferred more time to prepare, but she told me that was all they had open "for now", so I hope it all goes well.

Have you ever been to the VCU area? I'm thinking about doing a test run down there cause I've never really been to that area and it seems parking is really bad from what I've heard...it's like an hour and some from where I live...

Also are you taking a #2 pencil w/you? I saw last year and previous years' the interviewees had to do an essay. I'm imagining like we come in and then somebody yells sit down, pencils out, you have 30 minutes to write this essay...damn this reminds me of the PCAT all over again :rolleyes:

see my application didnt get mail until the 8/30 mailing, but it should have made it there by 9/3. Does anyone know if they look at those later and I could still be called? I know two people who have got calls but their apps were mailed 8/2... thanks! worrieddd

see my application didnt get mail until the 8/30 mailing, but it should have made it there by 9/3. Does anyone know if they look at those later and I could still be called? I know two people who have got calls but their apps were mailed 8/2... thanks! worrieddd
Yeah you'll be fine! Some people get theirs mailed around now or even slightly later and they still get interviews. And yours was already mailed so I'm sure you're fine.

Thank you, you too! Thats crazy, I got the call when I was in class too but I leave my cell at home sometimes so I didn't know for a whole 3+ hours, thankfully your post saved the day :p

I'm interviewing Sept 25th...I would've preferred more time to prepare, but she told me that was all they had open "for now", so I hope it all goes well.

Have you ever been to the VCU area? I'm thinking about doing a test run down there cause I've never really been to that area and it seems parking is really bad from what I've heard...it's like an hour and some from where I live...

Also are you taking a #2 pencil w/you? I saw last year and previous years' the interviewees had to do an essay. I'm imagining like we come in and then somebody yells sit down, pencils out, you have 30 minutes to write this essay...damn this reminds me of the PCAT all over again :rolleyes:

I've only driven through Richmond...I've never really been in the area for an extensive amount of time. I'm about an hour and a half away so I might do a test run as well. I'll prob take just a mechanical pencil...and a pen. I've heard that they are really laid back and that the interview isn't mind blowing. Only 2 weeks to prepare!! Hope all goes well!

I got called for an interview today too! Yay!!! They called me at work, at around 9, but i didn't see the message until around 12. I'm so excited. My interview is on the 25th as well. Congratulations to everyone who has received an invite. Don't worry if you haven't received an invite yet, they do interviews up until the very end, so chances are you'll get an interview.

Congrats to those that got an interview! I got a call yesterday for an interview too! My interview date is Septemeber 25. I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

hi guys,

I got a call for an interview too last Thursday! :D

I wonder how many people applied for early decision...

Hey guys! i'm new to the site...i just got notified about my interview this past week and i have my interview on September 25th...im so excited! congrats to everyone who has an interview!

hey
those of you that have the Sep. 25th interview, do you know if we have a supplemental app fee??
i called vcu admissions couple days ago and they said they were gonna send another email about it but i havent recieved it :(

Once again, congratulations everyone for getting an interview! I'm sure everyone will do just fine.

hey
those of you that have the Sep. 25th interview, do you know if we have a supplemental app fee??
i called vcu admissions couple days ago and they said they were gonna send another email about it but i havent recieved it :(
I have the supp. and it doesn't say anything about a fee. If you receive information saying otherwise though let me know please! Thanks

hey

my supplemental application does not say anything about a fee but the school directory information for vcu on pharmcas does say the fee is $30...

Once again, congratulations everyone for getting an interview! I'm sure everyone will do just fine.

I have the supp. and it doesn't say anything about a fee. If you receive information saying otherwise though let me know please! Thanks

Yea.. still no email yet.. she said there was a mistake when sending us the emails at first so she said I should be getting another email in couple days about it.. she did mention it's now $35 but.. im not sure what's going on.
I guess I'll call back on Tuesday, if I don't get anything!

I'll keep you guys updated :)

my supplemental application does not say anything about a fee but the school directory information for vcu on pharmcas does say the fee is $30...

According to the lady I talked to about a week ago.. it is now $35 and they were gonna make it payable online but.. I still haven't gotten an email so.. I'll let you know if I do!

Check your emails!

I just got a revised supplemental application.

The cost is $30 and is only by money order or check.

Check your emails!

I just got a revised supplemental application.

The cost is $30 and is only by money order or check.

Just saw it, thanks :) I bet they emailed us cause you followed up :cool:

Just saw it, thanks :) I bet they emailed us cause you followed up :cool:

yeaa probably lol the admission lady was like oh no!! did i not include that on the letter??? she was def freaking out -_- hopefully its more organized for the inteview itself.. omggg less than 5 days!!!! ..... :scared:

Hey guys..I got a call exactly at 10:00am this morning for an interview on Oct. 9th. Best of luck to all of us. :)

hey guys..

so I got my pcat scores from August and.. they don't look so hot :(
My science scores look fine but I bombed the reading comprehension part!! :eek:

do you know if VCU weighs interview pretty high? as in.. even if my scores aren't high.. they will accept me if I do well on my interview?

I'm a bit bummed cuz of my pcat scores.. sigh..

any suggestions?

hey guys..

so I got my pcat scores from August and.. they don't look so hot :(
My science scores look fine but I bombed the reading comprehension part!! :eek:

do you know if VCU weighs interview pretty high? as in.. even if my scores aren't high.. they will accept me if I do well on my interview?

I'm a bit bummed cuz of my pcat scores.. sigh..

any suggestions?

Hey Pharmlove, Dr. Reinders came to ODU to speak to us about VCU's School of Pharmacy and he said that a bad pcat score will not stop them from accepting you. As long as you're well rounded, have some experience, and do ok at the interview I think you'll be fine.

Hey Pharmlove, Dr. Reinders came to ODU to speak to us about VCU's School of Pharmacy and he said that a bad pcat score will not stop them from accepting you. As long as you're well rounded, have some experience, and do ok at the interview I think you'll be fine.

oo ok thanks! that makes me feel better... hopefully i do well on my interview :D

Hi,

To all of those people who got a call for the Oct. 9 interview, how are all of you feeling right now? At the moment I feel excited and but then there's the part of me who is nervous knowing that it's not over, yet. Just wondering =)

Andy

Hi,

To all of those people who got a call for the Oct. 9 interview, how are all of you feeling right now? At the moment I feel excited and but then there's the part of me who is nervous knowing that it's not over, yet. Just wondering =)

Andy

Hey I have my interview scheduled for Oct 9th as well. I am 40% excited and 60% nervous. Like you said, it's not over yet. We are only one step closer but hopefully all of us will get it. My P1 friends told me that the interview went smoothly, they told me to be myself and I should be fine. I hope so and I hope the best for all of us.

Hi,

Andy

don't worry too much!
I just had my interview today and it was really smooth!
everyone was welcoming and nice haha
time flew by so quickly so I was surprised that it was already over lol
just relax and GOOD LUCK :)

don't worry too much!
I just had my interview today and it was really smooth!
everyone was welcoming and nice haha
time flew by so quickly so I was surprised that it was already over lol
just relax and GOOD LUCK :)

I completely agree! Relax and have a good time. If anyone is wondering, all of my interview questions came from the interview feedback part of this website. There wasn't a single question that caught me by surprise. Good luck everyone! And Pharmlove...this next month is going to drag...being that we have to wait til the end of October to find out! Good Luck and I'm glad your interview went well!