VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well let's hope you're accepted! :)
I don't think there was a single person last year who was deferred after 10/22 (for ED). I think they are polite and will defer you if you need to be...esp. if you interviewed in the first group. The only thing they might delay in is the letter. :p

yea i think they defer people as soon as possible so it allows them to have back-up schools and stuff.
i guess staying as 'yes' status for a long time is good thing then.
i shall be patient and wait haha I just didn't wanna take my pcat this saturday but looks like i gotta just in case!

Members don't see this ad.

yea i think they defer people as soon as possible so it allows them to have back-up schools and stuff.
i guess staying as 'yes' status for a long time is good thing then.
i shall be patient and wait haha I just didn't wanna take my pcat this saturday but looks like i gotta just in case!
Yeah it sucks you have to take it when 1 week from now you could be accepted and then they won't even see the new scores ... but just part of playing this whole game I guess. At any rate, good luck w/it! Hopefully it'll be the last time you have to take it. :cool:

Last edited:
has anyone who interviewed on the 25th of September heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my goodness. I cannot take this wait!!! My pcat scores havent been posted on Pharmcas yet. Should I be worried? I tried calling the pcat folks today, but its closed. I hope this doesnt hold up my decision. I'm so nervous!!

Oh my goodness. I cannot take this wait!!! My pcat scores havent been posted on Pharmcas yet. Should I be worried? I tried calling the pcat folks today, but its closed. I hope this doesnt hold up my decision. I'm so nervous!!
Hey girl! Remember me from the interview?? Your parking lot buddy?? I was wondering what happened to you all this time, lol. Yeah I think you should have had them posted on Pharmcas by now if you took it in August. Mine were posted on 9/24 and mailed out on 10/4...why are they closed, they should be open? Try again or just wait till Monday, and don't worry, according to our discussions on here, VCU won't even mail anything out until after the last ED group interviews tomorrow...I'm waiting right along with you!

And poe: everyone that has been talking over the past 2 pages of this discussion has been in the 9/25 group. and no we haven't heard anything..

Hey girl! Remember me from the interview?? Your parking lot buddy?? I was wondering what happened to you all this time, lol. Yeah I think you should have had them posted on Pharmcas by now if you took it in August. Mine were posted on 9/24 and mailed out on 10/4...why are they closed, they should be open? Try again or just wait till Monday, and don't worry, according to our discussions on here, VCU won't even mail anything out until after the last ED group interviews tomorrow...I'm waiting right along with you!

And poe: everyone that has been talking over the past 2 pages of this discussion has been in the 9/25 group. and no we haven't heard anything..

Hey girl,

Of course I remember you, lol. I'm still here and I'm waiting like crazy. I have a friend who graduated last year and she told me she heard back immediately after her interview. She did ED too! Keep me posted! I'm walking around all stressed, lol.

Hey girl,

Of course I remember you, lol. I'm still here and I'm waiting like crazy. I have a friend who graduated last year and she told me she heard back immediately after her interview. She did ED too! Keep me posted! I'm walking around all stressed, lol.
lol don't be, we're all waiting! VCU is keeping us hanging this year though, damn...I hope everyone gets good news though, maybe it's their way of a giving us a last minute surprise, lol.

oh. haha. i just read the other 2 pages and i'm glad i did. i feel better knowing we're all in this together. the past couple of weeks have been DREADFUL! i really hope we all get good news! :)

oh. haha. i just read the other 2 pages and i'm glad i did. i feel better knowing we're all in this together. the past couple of weeks have been DREADFUL! i really hope we all get good news! :)
Haha we are definitely all in this together! Good luck, I hope so too~ :)

Hey you guys, remember this??

They just opened it this past Tuesday, the "grand reopening of the pharmacy school" after renovations. So we totally got to see it first, even before the other students did, lol :p

Anyway I found that on the side while trying to find a calendar for MCV pharmacy students. Does anyone have an idea if it's posted online?

Actually nvm haha I found one on one the class sites, sorry :p

Last edited:
lol don't be, we're all waiting! VCU is keeping us hanging this year though, damn...I hope everyone gets good news though, maybe it's their way of a giving us a last minute surprise, lol.

Lol. Speaking of good news and last minute surprises…………….…. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my insurance to Geico!! Lol, Lmbo. I couldn't resist.  I hope we all get accepted too! God willing(I do hope He's willing, lol). I would be disappointed, but even if it doesn't happen now, A DELAY is not a denial!! Just ask the Chilean miners!!

Last edited:
haha u guys are funny!
whew.. the pcat this morning was brutal.. I just got back..
blahh.. i guess we have like a week or so of waiting left? :scared:

Lol. Speaking of good news and last minute surprises…………….…. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my insurance to Geico!! Lol, Lmbo. I couldn't resist.  I hope we all get accepted too! God willing(I do hope He's willing, lol). I would be disappointed, but even if it doesn't happen now, A DELAY is not a denial!! Just ask the Chilean miners!!
haha...very true though, I believe everything happens for a reason :)

haha u guys are funny!
whew.. the pcat this morning was brutal.. I just got back..
blahh.. i guess we have like a week or so of waiting left? :scared:
Hey at least it's over!
More like 5 and a 1/2 days...:)
Sun, M, T, W, Th, F

Members don't see this ad :)
haha...very true though, I believe everything happens for a reason :)

Hey at least it's over!
More like 5 and a 1/2 days...:)
Sun, M, T, W, Th, F

yayy!! 5 days!
i wonder if 22nd deadline is 'postmarked' or be delivered by that time.
im glad PCAT is over.. it was def harder than august one tho but o well :)

Highfavor did u check with pearson for ur pcat scores??
my status was the same w cloud 9.. received 9/24 and revised mailed status on 10/4.

yayy!! 5 days!
i wonder if 22nd deadline is 'postmarked' or be delivered by that time.
im glad PCAT is over.. it was def harder than august one tho but o well :)

Highfavor did u check with pearson for ur pcat scores??
my status was the same w cloud 9.. received 9/24 and revised mailed status on 10/4.
To be honest, it may not be delivered or even postmarked...Last year they didn't get their letters till 11/13 :0
But we'll hopefully at least know if we're deferred which is what we all really want to know anyway~

To be honest, it may not be delivered or even postmarked...Last year they didn't get their letters till 11/13 :0
But we'll hopefully at least know if we're deferred which is what we all really want to know anyway~

o reele??? darn.. hopefully we don't have to go through that lol
waiting like almost 6~7 weeks or so for ED results.. not fun!

I wonder how many they accept.. my parents were like they accept like 20% but i thought it was 50% lol

o reele??? darn.. hopefully we don't have to go through that lol
waiting like almost 6~7 weeks or so for ED results.. not fun!

I wonder how many they accept.. my parents were like they accept like 20% but i thought it was 50% lol
Lol my parents are the same way. "Wow I can't believe your pcat scores were that good, I thought you were pretty dumb" <--- my parents lol.
seriously though :p

But actually it is 50% over the entire admissions cycle...but I'd say for ED probably more like 75% at least...

I agree the waiting sucks, some regular decision people got answers within like a week!

Lol my parents are the same way. "Wow I can't believe your pcat scores were that good, I thought you were pretty dumb" <--- my parents lol.
seriously though :p

But actually it is 50% over the entire admissions cycle...but I'd say for ED probably more like 75% at least...

I agree the waiting sucks, some regular decision people got answers within like a week!

I completely agree. The waiting sucks, I feel like I am so distracted and Its hard to focus on my school work :( anyway I hope that all the ED gets in. From what I heard, VCU increased their class size - from 120 something to 140. Its due to the fact that there is a new rotation site at C-ville. Hopefully, that will increase ED applicants chance to 80% :xf:

I completely agree. The waiting sucks, I feel like I am so distracted and Its hard to focus on my school work :( anyway I hope that all the ED gets in. From what I heard, VCU increased their class size - from 120 something to 140. Its due to the fact that there is a new rotation site at C-ville. Hopefully, that will increase ED applicants chance to 80% :xf:

hahaha it would be AWESOME it was 80% chance lol
blahhh i can't focus on my school work either :(
i have an exam Tuesday.. and my mind is def not where it should be lol
i keep checking pharmcas even though i know its the weekend haha

I was doing fine with the wait, but I was curious to know how other people feel after their interview, and after reading this thread like twice now, I'm starting to get nervous! lol? no!

and 80%? :xf::xf::xf:

Congrats to all of you! :)

I'm not ED, but I applied regular admission to VCU. I received an interview invite around the end of September, and the lady told me to expect an email with the supplemental and everything else I would need to complete before the interview. My date is October 30th, and I still haven't received anything from VCU. Should I call back or just wait?

they will snail mail the letter, expect it soon to be sent to your current address. they say email, but do reg mail..

Congrats to all of you! :)

I'm not ED, but I applied regular admission to VCU. I received an interview invite around the end of September, and the lady told me to expect an email with the supplemental and everything else I would need to complete before the interview. My date is October 30th, and I still haven't received anything from VCU. Should I call back or just wait?

umm ours were sent like 2,3 weeks before our interview date BUT we got another revised supplemental version on the Monday of our interview date.
So, just wait another week or so.. the app itself takes like 10 minutes soo don't worry :)

I'm definitely there with you pharmlove. I had two exams and did not even know how I made it through them. We should keep in mind though that this sem. is still as important but I just want to hear back from them ASAP so we can all move on and do what we have to...Best of luck with all of us :xf:

I applied for regular admission, but I haven't received anything from VCU regarding an interview invite. I saw in this thread that there was someone who was regular admission and already has an interview set up for October 30. Are there any non-ED applicants who received interview invites? I'm so worried that I haven't heard anything from VCU yet :(

I applied for regular admission, but I haven't received anything from VCU regarding an interview invite. I saw in this thread that there was someone who was regular admission and already has an interview set up for October 30. Are there any non-ED applicants who received interview invites? I'm so worried that I haven't heard anything from VCU yet :(

don't worry!
it probably all depends on when ur application was sent :)
if u want u can call them to check on ur status but i wouldn't worry much if i were u.
they are probably trying to cram all the ED stuff out.. since technically it is due by this Friday for us to get decisions.. but looks like they are a bit behind schedule :(

Hey guys, I also had my interview on Sept 25. Haven't heard anything just yet. I called AGAIN lol today and they told me that they havent met yet. She said hopefully they'll Friday:(

Sigh!! This wait is killing me!! Hopefully everyone who interviewed on Sept 25th gets in and good luck to everyone else as well!!!:)

Hey guys, I also had my interview on Sept 25. Haven't heard anything just yet. I called AGAIN lol today and they told me that they havent met yet. She said hopefully they'll Friday:(

Sigh!! This wait is killing me!! Hopefully everyone who interviewed on Sept 25th gets in and good luck to everyone else as well!!!:)

they are meeting Friday????
the deadline is Friday :(
ugh....... i was hoping to find out by this Saturday.. i guess that ain't happening.

:confused:She said hopefully this Friday meaning thats not a guarantee either.

So theres no real way to know if the status was updated or not on Friday anyway. Well I give up then, I'll just wait for the letter.

this is so frustratingggg....the wait is ridiculous...my friend who applied to the med school and had his interview MAYBE two weeks ago has already heard back and been accepted....why can't the pharmacy school catch up!!

this is so frustratingggg....the wait is ridiculous...my friend who applied to the med school and had his interview MAYBE two weeks ago has already heard back and been accepted....why can't the pharmacy school catch up!!

I completely agree. Why can't they just let us know???!!!! I just want to know. I agree Cloud 9, I'll just wait on the letter.

I just hope all of us who interviewed on the 25th aren't at a disadvantage since the interviewees in october will be fresh on their minds....

Hopefully the letter comes in the next 2 weeks!:xf:

I just hope all of us who interviewed on the 25th aren't at a disadvantage since the interviewees in october will be fresh on their minds....

Totally agree. I just hope we get in cause time is ticking and if we don't get in we have to start applying to other places. I hope none of us get rejected!

Totally agree. I just hope we get in cause time is ticking and if we don't get in we have to start applying to other places. I hope none of us get rejected!

I know, especially since many schools have a deadline of November 1st, so they're cutting it VERY close. At this point, no news is good news, hopefully!

I completely agree. Why can't they just let us know???!!!! I just want to know. I agree Cloud 9, I'll just wait on the letter.
effin messed up. pretty sure we're the only ED people who haven't heard back yet. UMB (univ of maryland) got their results back today. bummer for us. :thumbdown:

:(I know!!! I wonder how many people interviewed for ED? Seriously can someone call lol and see whats going on?!!!

:(I know!!! I wonder how many people interviewed for ED? Seriously can someone call lol and see whats going on?!!!

i tried.. went straight to voicemail for like the past couple hours.
i guess a lot of ED applicants are calling them or something.. soo they decided to shut the phone lines off?

Or maybeeee they're finally deciding?! Hopefully.:xf:

haha i like your optimism...i'm going to agree with you for the sake of my sanity...we better find out soon!! i hope the people they defer at least get an email or something so that they can apply to other schools...but i also just hope we all get in! haha

Ha ha I went home today and found I got a letter from Howard University SoP asking me to apply. I have no idea how though since I checked 'no' on the pcat for advertisements.

VCU better claim this before someone else does...lol...just kidding :p

Ha ha I went home today and found I got a letter from Howard University SoP asking me to apply. I have no idea how though since I checked 'no' on the pcat for advertisements.

haha i got a letter from howard university asking to apply too. i just hope hope we find out this friday!

You should be happy. An early interview is usually a good thing. Mine was on Oct.9th. I don't know exactly how many interviews there were total, maybe 3? So maybe they're wrapping things up now.

LMBO. I think we all have a great chance of being accepted. So, hopefully they'll let us know something today or tomorrow.:xf::xf::xf:

a friend called pharmcas they said that vcu will have to let them know by end of the 22nd and they will probably post status on 23rd. They said that your pharmacy designations will say REGULAR ADMISSION status instead of EARLY DECISION if you got deferred... the day approaches... :xf: