VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Rejected w/o interview

Members don't see this ad.

Spoke with and admissions rep. Second round is done, but there is a third round around March 10 (not a hard date, rough estimate). After this third round, they will be done. Good luck everyone, don't give up hope!

Spoke with and admissions rep. Second round is done, but there is a third round around March 10 (not a hard date, rough estimate). After this third round, they will be done. Good luck everyone, don't give up hope!
Did they say when their second round was done? I am trying to gauge whether or not that included people who interviewed at the end of January

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say when their second round was done? I am trying to gauge whether or not that included people who interviewed at the end of January
they did not, based on SDN it was probably around Feb 9th.

Any news from the 27th interview?
Not yet, I’m thinking maybe we’ll hear something roughly March 10th/second week of March. Just guessing based on another post-Dec interview where the school was saying 6 weeks after the interview was more likely their response time.

Reactions: 1 user
Not yet, I’m thinking maybe we’ll hear something roughly March 10th/second week of March. Just guessing based on another post-Dec interview where the school was saying 6 weeks after the interview was more likely their response time.

they lied and said mid february lmao

they lied and said mid february lmao
Lol when the dean said mid February I noticed hesitation in her voice. So I assumed March anyway when they said they would also have decisions in March

VCU acceptance today!! Out of state interviewed back in September.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Congrats! They certainly left you waiting a long time. If you don’t mind me asking, were you on a waitlist?

Yes I was certainly starting to worry. I was never officially waitlisted just sorta ghosted until I received the acceptance email

Does anyone know if Vcu is done sending out acceptances?
I’m not sure, i’ve heard some say there may be another wave around mid march, but maybe that’s already happened? At this point it may just be a waitlist situation if a seat opens

I’m not sure, i’ve heard some say there may be another wave around mid march, but maybe that’s already happened? At this point it may just be a waitlist situation if a seat opens
I sure hope there is! I don’t think the interviewees in late Jan (me included) have heard anything yet

Does anyone have access to the Facebook group to see how many members are in there?

Just received an acceptance email at 3:59!

Edit: I interviewed on Jan 27th

Last edited:
I also received an acceptance today (OOS) interviewed January 27th

Congratulations! So happy for you. By any chance do you know if they are done sending out acceptances and just doing a waitlist situation?
Thank you! Hmm good question, I am not entirely sure. Though I did just enter the Facebook group and it looks like they have 114 members currently. About 6 are current dental students acting as admin

In-state or out-of-state?
I'm in-state!

Thank you! Hmm good question, I am not entirely sure. Though I did just enter the Facebook group and it looks like they have 114 members currently. About 6 are current dental students acting as admin

I'm in-state
Thank you for sharing! I wonder if they have sent out D.5 acceptances. Can you tell I really wanna go to VCU hahah

Thank you for sharing! I wonder if they have sent out D.5 acceptances. Can you tell I really wanna go to VCU hahah
D.5 offers come out after the class is finalized. Generally, this happens towards late spring/early summer.

I received a D.5 acceptance today! Would love to connect with others who did also and hear from past D.5s about their experience

Reactions: 4 users
Could someone please share the split count of in-state vs. OOS enrollment for class 2027? Also, when was the last acceptance? If you know it. Thank you! 🙏