VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.62
DAT: 21.4AA, 21.0TS, 20.6PAT
Applied: 2,156
OOS: 1,785 Applied, 195 Interviewed, 141 Accepted
IS: 274 Applied, 108 Interviewed, 89 Accepted
International: 97 Applied, 4 Interviewed, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 94
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.56
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.9TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,986
OOS: 1,626 Applied, 119 Accepted
IS: 244 Applied, 79 Accepted
International: 116 Applied, 9 Accepted
# Enrolled: 95
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.04-4.00
Overall: 3.22-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm a D2 and admissions ambassador at VCU, and I am more than happy to answer any questions you have about the school. Feel free to reach out, and good luck with the application process.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! I'm a D2 and admissions ambassador at VCU, and I am more than happy to answer any questions you have about the school. Feel free to reach out, and good luck with the application process.
Hello, thanks that is very kind of you. I was wondering if there are any Canadians in your class?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, thanks that is very kind of you. I was wondering if there are any Canadians in your class?
I do not believe that there are any Canadians in my class, but that is not to say that there are not Canadians in any other class.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone's status say "received/ waiting additional information" even though they submitted the supplemental fee?

The school sometimes doesn't update your AADSAS profile immediately (don't know why but that's just the way it can be). My portal said waiting for additional information up until I got invited for an interview. If you are missing something in your application, they will tell you. Just be patient and trust the process!

I just received an invitation to interview today with a set, in-person interview date of 9/8 - IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
Notification date:
8/3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 7/20
Interview Date: 9/15
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9; Overall: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 24 RCT, 20 PAT, No
Method of interview: In Person

They even allowed me to reschedule my interview when the original date wasn't possible for me to attend. I am incredibly excited and grateful for this opportunity!

AADSAS still says none under VCU.

Hi, do you know when the next batch of interview invitations will be sent out?

Hi, do you know when the next batch of interview invitations will be sent out?
They don't tell us when they send out the interview invitations. But from experience I can say that they send out a very large amount throughout the fall and we have plenty of interview days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I retake my DAT is I scored a 16 in a subsection? Overall AA is a 21

Only if they won’t accept <17 subscore minimums. Some schools require everything to be >17. I would email and ask. But if it’s QC or RC you’d probably be fine
PAT unfortunately

Is anyone using a Canadian DAT score to apply? I asked CDA to ship my DAT score two months ago and reshipped another order last month but VCU still did not receive it.

Is anyone using a Canadian DAT score to apply? I asked CDA to ship my DAT score two months ago and reshipped another order last month but VCU still did not receive it.
Ship scores??? I thought the CDA has a secure portal for registered admissions officers to access CDAT scores. I'm surprised if their office doesn't access the portal...

Just an update, they said they received my score by now.

Has anyone heard anything since the end of August?

:( Am slowly losing hope on VCU as the days pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Notification date: 10/12/23
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/20
Application complete date: 9/23
Interview Date: 11/3
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.5; Overall: 3.8 (including Post Bacc at Temple U)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 19 TS, 22 RCT, 20 PAT, No

Look forward to seeing you all.

Reactions: 1 users
I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.84; Overall: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 16 RCT, 21 PAT YES

I'm so happy right now :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.84; Overall: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 22 TS, 16 RCT, 21 PAT YES

I'm so happy right now :)
CONGRATS! see you in November :)

Congrats to everyone who has received interviews so far! For those who are still waiting, be patient because there are plenty more interview days left in the cycle. If you have already interviewed or will be interviewing at VCU, or you are still waiting for an interview invitation, please feel free to reach out with questions about the process or the interview day.

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 10/12
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 5/31
Secondary received: 6/8
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.67 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17
Method of interview: In-person; 11/3

idk if it's really a big update but my status changed from none to invited for interview

idk if it's really a big update but my status changed from none to invited for interview
congrats! did you receive an email? also are you in state or out of state?

congrats! did you receive an email? also are you in state or out of state?
i meant my status on the website!! i had my interview on 11/3 and my stats are posted above!

Mine changed from none to invited for interview as well. Did anyones portal not change? Just curious.

Does anyone know if VCU sends a second batch of acceptances? And if they do, does anyone know around what time?