VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Not sure but I think admissions could answer that, but I think they may go the route most schools do which is when a in-state student drops a waitlisted instate student will get their spot and if an out of state drops an out of state student will get that spot.
So I bet it’s more out of states getting in since they are more likely to drop

Members don't see this ad.

an admissions office person said that the class is almost full and they are only waiting to hear back from a few people so the chances are slim now. Although they don’t consider the drops and shifting that occur but I’m thinking now this year might not be my year.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
an admissions office person said that the class is almost full and they are only waiting to hear back from a few people so the chances are slim now. Although they don’t consider the drops and shifting that occur but I’m thinking now this year might not be my year.
i don't see a WAMC for you
perhaps you should do one before you reapply...

Sorry for my ignorance but what is WAMC?

Reactions: 1 user
This may change coming this month. VCU has majority in-state students so there might be sporadic movement

March 1Deadline to submit tuition deposit for candidates accepted in February
This is posted at their website. So hopefully some spots will open up this Friday or early next week.

The sweet lady answering the phone from VCU did confirm that there were very late no-shows in the past even after deposits were made. I guess people could change their mind if they hear back or got off waitlist later from more preferred schools that they are willing to lose the deposits they put down earlier. There is always hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So there will be more movement from instate on waitlist? Is that what you are saying?
That im not sure. The instate get insate tuition. I would argue the opposite, that out-of-state might move more even though there are less seats. Mainly due to tuition and if they got a better offer or a more convenient location.

The sweet lady answering the phone from VCU did confirm that there were very late no-shows in the past even after deposits were made. I guess people could change their mind if they hear back or got off waitlist later from more preferred schools that they are willing to lose the deposits they put down earlier. There is always hope.
100% plus dont forget starting friday second deposits have to go in for one acceptance. Mid march is a big time for all of us, high hopes and many prayers. People have to dwindle down their acceptances if they have more than 1, and hopefully if they were waitlisted at schools they may not prefer too much or isnt worth switching their acceptance, they end up dropping that waitlist easing it up for the rest.

Has anyone heard of any from of movement (drops, or acceptances)?

Well looking back the D.5 choices were released a year ago next week. So, they are probably close to filling the class if they haven't already.