vent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, i think this is becoming pathological (checking my email every 10 seconds to see if any schools wrote me). i just want to say a big!*%&$ you to the medical schools that are taking their sweet, sweet time with our applications. I know it's early, etc etc.... but patience is a virtue i really don't have. okay, sorry folks, done now.

Members don't see this ad.

if you use gmail, get gmail notifier, it alerts you when you receive new mail, so no need to obsessively check :)

jtank said:
if you use gmail, get gmail notifier, it alerts you when you receive new mail, so no need to obsessively check :)

But obessively checking e-mail is a must in this process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Wait, there might be an email now………or, ……..now, ……or……now, ….or ……………meow…or…now….or….now..or..now.or.now or nowornowornowornow. Gotta…stop….checking……going……crazy…woof…..crazy………goin……..going……going.....laptop........window.......hammer.......biting.....crazy.....laptop........or...........now.......now.......5pm. whew.

you get the picture

lemonlite said:
Yes. Wait, there might be an email now………or, ……..now, ……or……now, ….or ……………meow…or…now….or….now..or..now.or.now or nowornowornowornow. Gotta…stop….checking……going……crazy…woof…..crazy………goin……..going……going.....laptop........window.......hammer.......biting.....crazy.....laptop........or...........now.......now.......5pm. whew.

you get the picture

:laugh: That pretty much captures it. You hit the nail with the 5:00PM, whew, another day wasted, another day spent waiting.

lol i can relate to this. Working in lab with a laptop causes me to obsessively look at gmail non stop. Even though i have gmail notifier, it only checks for new mail every 2 mins so i dont trust it completely and just open GMAIL anyways and hit refresh a few times.

ablumoon said:
okay, i think this is becoming pathological (checking my email every 10 seconds to see if any schools wrote me). i just want to say a big!*%&$ you to the medical schools that are taking their sweet, sweet time with our applications. I know it's early, etc etc.... but patience is a virtue i really don't have. okay, sorry folks, done now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have a midterm tonight and Friday, but what do I do every half hour at the library? Check my *&#$^& e-mail to see if any school has graced me w/ an e-mail that probably just states that the tech guy is back and will check on his overdue mailbox or some school that already rejected me wondering if I lost anything at their school (WTF?)
:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: