Verbal is the Devil. Kaplan or EK method?

JoeNamath4Eva

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
    I am in the kaplan course and have been studying for roughly a month on my own. I moved back the scheduled date to may. So my kaplan diagnostic was 22 (2 weeks ago) and 8R (yesterday) was 26 (9,9,8bs). I don't want to study more than 1 hr/day, is it possible to raise it to 30's?

My biggest question is: HAS ANYBODY BENEFITED FROM KAPLANS VERBAL STRATEGY? I will do anything to get it up one point, but kaplan's strategy just messes up my flow and I don't get the gist of the passage. Then again, my buddy took the course, followed their advice to a T (never studied outside class) and got a 37. So I am confused. Any advice would make me as happy as a penguin (I hear they are happy creatures).

killinsound

10+ Year Member
    Aug 31, 2006
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I am in the kaplan course and have been studying for roughly a month on my own. I moved back the scheduled date to may. So my kaplan diagnostic was 22 (2 weeks ago) and 8R (yesterday) was 26 (9,9,8bs). I don't want to study more than 1 hr/day, is it possible to raise it to 30's?

My biggest question is: HAS ANYBODY BENEFITED FROM KAPLANS VERBAL STRATEGY? I will do anything to get it up one point, but kaplan's strategy just messes up my flow and I don't get the gist of the passage. Then again, my buddy took the course, followed their advice to a T (never studied outside class) and got a 37. So I am confused. Any advice would make me as happy as a penguin (I hear they are happy creatures).

Different strokes for different folks.

I personally combine bits and pieces of both and bring them together.

About the Ads

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
      Lifetime Donor
      15+ Year Member
    • Aug 1, 2005
      working on my tan......
      1. Attending Physician
        Study and practice more to get a 30 or higher.

Use EK Verbal 101 and AAMC for verbal practice.

Personally, I try to actively read the passage and then answer the questions. I have no real strategy except to make sure I finish.

Eventually, you can distinquish between the two you narrow it down to easily. Also, some people have more ability for it. I get verbal fairly easily, but Physics is my beast I must slay. Good luck! Practice makes perfect!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.