verbal passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laya533

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
following is from kaplan verbal test #9:
pollen loss through happenstance is compensated by pollen-to-ovule ratios.Polen grains of wind-polinated plants are smooth and dry, to avoid clumping and pertcipating.
Q1: what does the plants in areas which rainfalls are high?
A. amount of pollen would be less
B amount of pollen would be greater

Members don't see this ad.

if there is less clumping in dry areas, what would happen in humid areas? and what would that do to the relative amount of pollen and your allergies?

laya533 said:
pollen loss through happenstance is compensated by pollen-to-ovule ratios.Polen grains of wind-polinated plants are smooth and dry, to avoid clumping and pertcipating.

I haven't checked the answer but i think it would be more to compensate for the pollen loss.

Members don't see this ad :)
dammit. I am wrong. Did you read the explanation? That is a very stupid assumption. I still think it will want to compensate. Again, stupid question.

That was a very hard passage!

"Pollen...are smooth and dry." Thus, pollens like to be in dry climates. you can then assume that plants in dry climate have more pollens then plants in wet climate.

If a plant resides in areas where rainfalls are high, it will have less pollen. the answer is A. Am I right?

laya533 said: