Verbal Question for Those Who Took CBT MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I like to pace myself based on how many questions I have completed. On the emcat practice tests the first verbal question is #53 and sometimes this throws off my timing because I forget I have already done the physical. Does the verbal on the MCAT start with #1 or #53? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

imho thats a terrible way to time urself. Give urself a MAXIMUM of 8 minutes to finish a passage+questions. Read a passage in under 4 minutes. Answer the questions in under 45 seconds each. U shudnt even need to look at the time until ur at about passage 4. I dont at least. After a while u get a feel for how long ur taking without even looking at the clock.

imho thats a terrible way to time urself. Give urself a MAXIMUM of 8 minutes to finish a passage+questions. Read a passage in under 4 minutes. Answer the questions in under 45 seconds each. U shudnt even need to look at the time until ur at about passage 4. I dont at least. After a while u get a feel for how long ur taking without even looking at the clock.

I wasn't looking for verbal advice... but thanks :rolleyes:

I use it around the 5th passage to see how many questions I have left, to see if I am taking too long.

Yeah, I have the same question too.. I don't want to keep track of numbers and do math in my head.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the whole point of practicing full lengths is to get used to the timing of the real test. This is a very important part of the preparation for the test! Just take different full length verbal sections on the computer and see how your time is fairing and how much quicker you need to go. It really depends on the section, but I usually try to get the first 3 passages done by 35 minutes into the test. I'm usually rushing the last passage, but who isn't..