Verbal Reasoning Raw Score..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vasiley Zaitsev

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Practice VR raw scores....55 out of 65 and higher...do these translate into double digit VR scores? Please help me judge my progress!

owcc16

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by owcc16:
•Practice VR raw scores....55 out of 65 and higher...do these translate into double digit VR scores? Please help me judge my progress!

owcc16•••••owcc,

It all depends on the practice test that you're writing (the scales vary since your score depends on how others do). Anyway, 55/65 and higher is good and (I think) would probably result in a double digit VR score. For example, with AAMC V 55 would be a 12 (55-65 is >/= 12), but with AAMC IV, it would be an 11 (47-56 is 10-11). So, it looks like you're in pretty good shape so far.

For me, both those tests were basically perfect indicators for my actual score. I got a 55/65 on AAMC IV and 56/65 on AAMC V and ended up with an 11 on the real thing (no, I didn't remember those, I'm looking at my practice tests :) )

Good luck to you and everyone else writing the MCAT soon!! :) I feel for you all....

-10/65 is pretty much a guarantee of a double digit score. I never once got anything near -10 (the best I ever did on practice was like -15... I'm not sure I even got that close actually... I think my best may have been like -17.) Ended up with a double digit verbal on my first MCAT. (no idea how that happened but I'm not going to question it :wink: ) My verbal tests were from the princeton review books... the verbal wookbook and practice tests A-D. I haven't taken AAMC tests yet.

In summary, 55 or higher is almost a lock for 10+. Cheers

•••quote:•••Originally posted by BCgirl:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by owcc16:
•Practice VR raw scores....55 out of 65 and higher...do these translate into double digit VR scores? Please help me judge my progress!

owcc16•••••owcc,

It all depends on the practice test that you're writing (the scales vary since your score depends on how others do). Anyway, 55/65 and higher is good and (I think) would probably result in a double digit VR score. For example, with AAMC V 55 would be a 12 (55-65 is >/= 12), but with AAMC IV, it would be an 11 (47-56 is 10-11). So, it looks like you're in pretty good shape so far.

For me, both those tests were basically perfect indicators for my actual score. I got a 55/65 on AAMC IV and 56/65 on AAMC V and ended up with an 11 on the real thing (no, I didn't remember those, I'm looking at my practice tests :) )

Good luck to you and everyone else writing the MCAT soon!! :) I feel for you all....•••••thanks for the replies! These are on Kaplan VR review notes tests and VR kaplan section tests...thanks all!

owcc16