Step I Very Low score on Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anonymousnew1

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished Immuno/biochem/hemat from FA with boards and beyond and started Rx bank for that subject but I am scoring 45-50% only at my first pass..I am very tensed by this. Should I be really worried about this ? IS this normal ? I still have 8 months to prepare.. Been 2 month since my preparation. Does anyone know someone who despite getting low scores on their first pass of qbank managed to get 250+ ?
 
Started with immuno as my first block of Uworld, got a 20%. This was in November 2016 in preparation for exam May 2017. Did a biochem only block in late March/Early april 2017, got 53% correct. Got a 250. It's doable. The blocks you are addressing tend to be the more difficult blocks, so chin up!
 
What year are you in? Are you just learning the material? I wouldn't stress it too much if you are.
I just completed 4th year.There is 6 year course in my country. I started preparing 2 months ago..This was the first time I read these subjects in detail. I still have 8 months for preparation.I am thinking to use FA+UW..Do you think in 8 months 250+ is possible?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Started with immuno as my first block of Uworld, got a 20%. This was in November 2016 in preparation for exam May 2017. Did a biochem only block in late March/Early april 2017, got 53% correct. Got a 250. It's doable. The blocks you are addressing tend to be the more difficult blocks, so chin up!
Thank you. This really gave me confidence. From your experience can you tell FA+UW is enough for 250+ ?
 
I knew First Aid, Pathoma, and Uworld like the back of my hand and that's all. I supplemented with Youtube for confusing concepts but that was mostly to understand stuff I didn't know. If you know those three resources (not an easy feat), you will do well
Thank you. This really gave me confidence. From your experience can you tell FA+UW is enough for 250+ ?