Very Nice (well, not really)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gastrapathy

I’m just here so I don’t get fined
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone watched the new Borat movie yet? Would you believe the plastic surgeon cameo complete with some causal antisemitism and child sex talk is a Navy Reservist?

I give you LCDR Charles Wallace USNR.

credit to the Reddit thread on this topic that my cousin was inspired to share

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering about that guy. I did watch that scene, and my first thought was “well, that guy’s practice is over.” I suppose if he lives in a sufficiently racist or sexist community, he’ll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
The racial comments were bad, the insinuation that he would sleep with a 15 year old girl if her father weren’t there was worse, in my opinion.
It recalls a time when I was an R5 where a hypothetical R2 may or may not have told a 17 year old inpatient that she had the “prettiest mouth on the whole ward.”

Which...I mean It’s bad enough to say it go the minor. It’s worse that it implies he has a basis for which to make such a statement.

That reminded me of a story from when I was an intern. Supposedly a medical student on OB at my MTF needed a patient to slide down on the table in the stirrups and said “here kitty kitty.” An OB intern told me the story but I don’t remember more to the story.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
A sea of education but not a drop of common sense. That pretty much sums up our profession. What I wouldn't give to have someone tell me I have pretty mouth.
But to be a 17 year old, severely ill, girl.

That reminded me of a story from when I was an intern. Supposedly a medical student on OB at my MTF needed a patient to slide down on the table in the stirrups and said “here kitty kitty.” An OB intern told me the story but I don’t remember more to the story.

This is a true story. He was in my USUHS ‘02 med school class.

He is now an O-6. Well done, military medicine.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the time I had to sit through a mandatory sexual harassment training in a big auditorium setting and the real life scenarios
featured one of my more predatory USUHS classmates. Definitely kept me awake.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I've heard lots of stories over the years about military docs doing/saying some things that made me cringe. I think we all have a dark, politically incorrect, sense of humor at times. I think it comes with dealing with all the stresses of our training. Some handle it better than others. But geez, keep it to yourself and your close friends, behind closed doors. I don't know how much editing or duping went into getting him to say what he said, but I hope it was a lot. (I haven't seen that actual movie)

Reactions: 1 user