Vet school to med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CannineGrl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone decided to leave vet school and transfer to medical school? If so, please share information on where to begin and what the process is. I'm a first year student and feel I made a mistake in choosing vet med......

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone decided to leave vet school and transfer to medical school? If so, please share information on where to begin and what the process is. I'm a first year student and feel I made a mistake in choosing vet med......

I've thought about med school plenty of times so I sympathize with you on that.

You can't transfer though. You would have to go through the regular med school application process and be able to explain your reasons for switching.

Members don't see this ad :)

You might want to take this up with folks in the med forums... I can't promise that they'll all be civil, but you'll probably get better answers for your situation over there.

I've known a couple of people that have left vet school to attend med school. The process was the same as for anyone applying to med school.