Video game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhotonBomb

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our admins have banned physicians from playing Fortnite at work.

It’s really pissing me off.

I didn’t go to Med school and residency for 9 years for this crap man

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Animal crossing man. Cashed in on some sweet turnip stocks yesterday. If only my real life portfolio was looking as good, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh, don't lose your job over Fortnite. Call of Duty, perhaps, but not Fortnite. Bonus if you brought a PS4 in your office and get fired for playing FF7 Remake. Totally worth it :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Our admins have banned physicians from playing Fortnite at work.

It’s really pissing me off.

I didn’t go to Med school and residency for 9 years for this crap man

I play on this app called "OLA." It's really neat, all you have to do is answer a couple of easy questions once per week.

Unfortunately, for some reason, it's really expensive. I dish out about $340 per year on in-app purchases. I was disappointed to learn that money doesn't even give me any better content like cool new skins or trophies.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I play on this app called "OLA." It's really neat, all you have to do is answer a couple of easy questions once per week.

Unfortunately, for some reason, it's really expensive. I dish out about $340 per year on in-app purchases. I was disappointed to learn that money doesn't even give me any better content like cool new skins or trophies.
At least you get to play from the comfort of your own phone, i remember when we had to spend that kind of money at specialized centers called "arcades" full of other players who had to do the same thing, some of them were pretty far away and a PITA to get to

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody knows the real winners in rad onc are playing Final Fantasy 7. You may want to look into it.

Anybody knows the real winners in rad onc are playing Final Fantasy 7. You may want to look into it.

Dude it’s messed up. I asked my admin and she said no.

I’m thinking of just playing anyways but it’s just annoying I have to deal with this crap. I ain’t no trucka, I was AOA

• Haha
Dude it’s messed up. I asked my admin and she said no.

I’m thinking of just playing anyways but it’s just annoying I have to deal with this crap. I ain’t no trucka, I was AOA

i mean my best advice is to keep playing but watch out for whistleblowers

I always try to keep my therapists super happy. dont give anyone a reason to blow whistle.

don't sleep with the therapists either. Every dept has one rad onc who cant follow that rule.

someone ALWAYS gets burned, but thats a diff story!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How has evilbooyaa not shut down this thread yet lol

• Haha

The guy gets to play fortnite, that’s prob what he’s doing.

Enjoy the freedom of residency, folks! In The real world, the swift reality of administration hits!

Agree with Neuronix. EM has a similar thread in it. As long as we stay on-topic about video games here, I'm OK with it. No rules against off-topic threads, unless it's for a bad/dirty/evil topic.

And while I used to be quite into Multiplayer FPSes (CoD Black Ops, MW2 and BF3), I really haven't played in quite some time. I imagine I would get stomped at Fortnite by some twitchy 12 year old.

Catching up on old PS3 games that I bought but never got a chance to play during downtime. No video game consoles at work, lol.

Agree with Neuronix. EM has a similar thread in it. As long as we stay on-topic about video games here, I'm OK with it. No rules against off-topic threads, unless it's for a bad/dirty/evil topic.

And while I used to be quite into Multiplayer FPSes (CoD Black Ops, MW2 and BF3), I really haven't played in quite some time. I imagine I would get stomped at Fortnite by some twitchy 12 year old.

Catching up on old PS3 games that I bought but never got a chance to play during downtime. No video game consoles at work, lol.
A few years ago I bought the SNES classic, hid it under my desk at the office, and played on my computer monitor over lunch or if I had a big gap between patients. Worked great.

You guys are giving me ideas for my conference room tv

Lol, now you guys have some innovative minds!

A few years ago I bought the SNES classic, hid it under my desk at the office, and played on my computer monitor over lunch or if I had a big gap between patients. Worked great.

You guys are giving me ideas for my conference room tv
Best thing after hearing about it from a friend's kid is a knockoff Gameboy loaded with 400 classic NES games, even includes an extra controller and av cable to hook it up to a TV. They are all over Amazon. Wish it had Gameboy games too, but probably asking for too much lol. Best $25 value out there

Great thread! Stopped playing video games about 10 years ago as I was just too busy with work. Now that I finally have some time, I've been cherry-picking the greatest games of the last decade and playing them on my huge flat screen with a killer surround sound I never could have purchased back then...totally worth the wait. Playing Bioshock for the first time and holy hell, are modern games better than this???

Playing Bioshock for the first time and holy hell, are modern games better than this???

Welcome to the real world, Neo. But in all seriousness, if someone hadn't gamed in a long time and wants the best single player story driven games: I'd recommend RDR2, GTA V, and Skyrim (though it's getting dated).

Reactions: 3 users
Welcome to the real world, Neo. But in all seriousness, if someone hadn't gamed in a long time and wants the best single player story driven games: I'd recommend RDR2, GTA V, and Skyrim (though it's getting dated).

WOW you a red dead guy? Who knew, didn’t see it coming.

One of the best games

WOW you a red dead guy? Who knew, didn’t see it coming.

One of the best games

You're alright grrrrrrrrrrrrl

GOAT IMO. That game hit me on so many different levels in so many different ways. Kind of like an outstanding novel or movie, but so much more than that.

Back in the AZTEC counterstrike days i was of the best snipers around.

Halo was what we did in college and in med school!

Halo was what we did in college and in med school!
We had 4 TVs system linked for a week in our engineering homeroom at some point. The dept head came by and said to cut it out lmao. Then it was back to smash 64 and 4p halo haha. That and a lot of foosball. Great times

I used to play a lot of FPS and MMORPGs (cod, halo, fortnite, pubg, everquest, wow, ultima online, etc etc) but now I just play Team Fight Tactics. I can play on my couch and watch TV at the same time.

I can totes see you as the camping awper watching double doors or the bridge as a CT. Shameful.

you know my style tho i moved around a lot in aztec or dust maps or newer maps. Camping only got you so much, good sniper moves around and likes a cat and mouse game. Was pretty good with eagle pistol combo and loved a good knife in the back sneaking up on someone.

Last edited:
You guys inspired me. When March Madness was cancelled I suggested resident cage fighting as an alternative form of entertainment but administration shot that down for some strange reason. I had moved on to loadIng up an SNES emulator on one of my computers and hook it up in dose so we can have Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter tournies. Now I am going to make it happen.

So true...

Is anyone else into simulation / strategy games?

I picked up again "Banished" recently and played a bit "Cities: Skylines" too.

Perhaps one could make a radiation department simultation game? Manage the whole department, make sure staff is there, keep patients happy, revenue flowing, strategic alliances with other providers, invest in new equipment, adverstise... I recall that the Sim-Series did have a Sim: Hospital title back in the 90s...

;) ;) ;)

Add up "random events" like...
a) LINAC breaks down
b) COVID pandemic forces you to reduce services
c) Multiple technicians getting pregnant by one unknown male co-worker. Find out who it is, before you lose half of your department on maternity leave.
d) Major flaws lead to catastrophic errors in treatment, prompting an FDA-inspection.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Perhaps one could make a radiation department simultation game? Manage the whole department, make sure staff is there, keep patients happy, revenue flowing, strategic alliances with other providers, invest in new equipment, adverstise... I recall that the Sim-Series did have a Sim: Hospital title back in the 90s...

;) ;) ;)

a) LINAC breaks down
c) Multiple technicians getting pregnant by one unknown male co-worker. Find out who it is, before you lose half of your department on maternity leave.
d) Major flaws lead to catastrophic errors in treatment, prompting an FDA-inspection.

I was into command and conquer, red alert, even did age of empires for a little while. Out of all the games, my All time favorite was Ghenghis Khan on the old school NES.

A list of the best single player games that doesn’t include the Mass effect series is just wrong.

;) ;) ;)

a) LINAC breaks down

If you’re into strategy games, I highly recommend Sins of a solar empire. A bit like a command and conquer in space where you build your fleet, defenses, and economy while trying to conquer a solar system.

Mass effect 2 was ok. I don't particularly like the linear gameplay. Andromeda was pathetic.

1 was an amazing story with gunplay that didn’t hold up as well

2 was a great all around game with an average story

3 was an amazing game with a terrible ending. Surprisingly fun multiplayer component too.

Agree andromeda can be skipped.

Well that's fair, though I was thinking about stuff specifically in the last 10 years given reaganite's prompt for recent games. Mass effect 2 just makes my mental cut at 2010.

I personally enjoyed Witcher 3 and the DLCs more than the Mass Effect series. That's pretty recent. We should be getting Cyberpunk later this year from the same studio, which I am big time looking forward to.

;) ;) ;)

a) LINAC breaks down
C HAPPENS more than you may think. Believe me folks!