Vietnamese Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
200% pure vietnamese, from Houston TX. Did any of you interview at OU this past weekend? I"m still waiting to hear back from them...hope i'll get accepted~

Members don't see this ad.

Not only girls, Pharmacy is preferred field of any Vietnamese.

and do you know the reason why? so that we can bring back some medicines to the "motherland" to give away to our families..lol j/k

but seriously though, my parents did that and they're not even pharmarcists.. so i don't see why not

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm vietnamese! Residing in Houston, Texas =) I will be applying to pharm school next year.

Hi,

I am taking Pcat this weekend and still have a hard time with verbal section. Does anyone have any good tips for us? The more I study for it, I realize that I know nothing.

Since we're all vietnamese in this thread, I would like to hear from you guys.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am taking Pcat this weekend and still have a hard time with verbal section. Does anyone have any good tips for us? The more I study for it, I realize that I know nothing.

Thanks.

Kinda late now. Best thing to do is guess and get 80+ on bio, chem, and math to pull up your composite.

I am Viet here :D. And yeah, do decent on the science & math. I get 9% on Verbal :((

Hi,

Thanks.
I myself had a hard time with the verbal section, but there's not much you can do for it. It's definitely unrealistic to sit and study from a dictionary, which in all honesty would do you very well for the verbal section. I recommend that you just look at the word choices, narrow them down to two answers, guess, and then hope for the best...that's pretty much what I did! :laugh:

Aww yeah, just wanna say hi to all the vietnamese people here! Straight representin!!!

There's a lot of Vietnamese pharmacies in my area (Westminster, CA). Let's keep it growing!

My best friend is pharmacy student and he is Vietnamese too. He got a good grade from 3.8+ UCLA and choose to go to pharmacy school. I quite don't understand. He told me that his parents think pharmacy is better than med :confused::confused::confused:

Is it a culture thing? I am just really curious

Im Vietnamese, representin' University of Toronto

Unfortunately there are not a lot of viets here. Although, i blend in well with the Chinese and Asians in general,

Who is Vietnamese here? Lets Represent! :D

Hey I'm a pharmacy student. I'm not vietnamese, but I have tons of friends who are. Two of them took me to lunch once. While the other was gone one of the friends intended to teach me vietnamese. They told me to say "ahn yeu em" and told me it means hello when my other friend got back.. Apparently it means "I love you" *Blush*

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are there so many Vietnamese pharmacist/pharm students these days? One might think that the profession has been hard-coded into our genes or something.

Growing up, I had absolutely no Vietnamese influence whatsoever but find myself strangely attracted to this profession. Hmmm...

Please..most of the viets are from so cal.
Every other place you go to it's not majority going to this profession.

Blame little saigon!

:)

Add VA to the Cal. list; i know many Vietnamese Pharmacists in VA. Besides Pharmacy, many of my friends are in CS & IT & accounting. We get influenced by each others more easily? haha

Sorry wrong thread

Last edited:
A mixture of Vietnamese and Chinese...

But the Vietnamese side overpowers... ^_^

Yep, have to admit that pharmacy is Vietnamese thing. But again, most of my friends go to med school too. I don't know whether it is right but it seems for me that our parents (or most Asian parents) consider those and lawyer are as the best careers!
For PCAT, personally, I never took it, so, no experience! However, one of my friends said that if you mastered the GRE verbal, you should be ok with it. Oh, by the way, the KAPLAN online course helps too, but just for the verbal though! :)

Hey all, I'm Vietnamese too. Nice to know y'all here.

Hey I'm not pre-pharm. but wanted to represent with my fellow viet brethren. I also gotta say though, pharmacy is the predominant viet major at UT (Toledo).

Hi there guys,
another viet pharm girl represent!!!! :p
Just saying hi.
Random question: Anyone here go to pharmacy because "my parent want me to do so.." ?:rolleyes:

Hi there guys,
Just saying hi.
Random question: Anyone here go to pharmacy because "my parent want me to do so.." ?:rolleyes:

Not entirely. But they influenced me. :smuggrin:

I am suprised to find that there are not a lot of Vietnamese people at Maryland SOP...

Vietnamese here and pretty much a newbie here
also i have problem with verbal 17 while my chem was 93
my research professor cant understand why i want to do pharmacy. He said its like study a lot for nothing lol but he admitted that the job pays well

I'm proud Vietnamese and finally got accepted to a Pharm School!

hello hello hello! :hello:

vietnamese born, american raised from northern virginia here!

one of these days, i'm going to fill a prescription like this:
sig: 1t po qd
directions: uong mot vien thuoc trong mieng mot lan moi ngay

Hi there guys,
Just saying hi.

Hey Uyen.... I want to be a pharmacist but my parents doesn't want me to be one! :p

Any Vietnamese here going to Mercer? I need a study partner! :)

Hey everyone, I am also Vietnamese and Chinese! :)

im vietnamese too. I lived in SoCal and hope to go to Western or USC. Applied this year but got accepted to only one school which is Touro Univ. I hope I can get an interview soon :xf:

another vietnamese student from GA :D Nice to meet everyone

Lipscomb:accepted

Hi, all
I'm also Vietnamese and Chinese, you can tell by my last name. I will have an interview for Northstate on Feb 19th, and really need pointers from u guys. Thanks. I'm very nervous ,and how do I overcome it. (Lam on giup dum di ba con co bac)

Hi, all
I'm also Vietnamese and Chinese, you can tell by my last name. I will have an interview for Northstate on Feb 19th, and really need pointers from u guys. Thanks. I'm very nervous ,and how do I overcome it. (Lam on giup dum di ba con co bac)

Hi cquach, my advice is to go over to the interview section of SDN and look at the interview questions that were posted by previous interviewees. I'm sure alot of people have said this in the past but I'll say it again, just be yourself. In both the group activities and the personal interview, all they're trying to do is to see how well you articulate. Just imagine you're talking to your friends and you'll be fine!:D

Hey guys, my forum name might have given it away :)

In my personal opinion, we gravitate to medical or engineering fields in general simply because our culture encourages things like education, success, and financial stability. Maybe if our families stressed creativity, some of us would consider becoming philosophy or art majors :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey John...I interviewed at Touro and hope to get in Touro...u just want to live in South cal, is that the reason why?

Nam moi chuc moi nguoi nhung gi xui xeo cua nam cu mau troi qua. Ai dang applying thi se duoc goi interview, ai da interviewed se get acceptance letter, ai dang trong waiting list thi se duoc goi interview/accepted soon, etc... and An Khang Thinh Vuong.

Happy New Year ! Year of the Tiger ! yeah

Hope we all can read Viet lol.

I am suprised to find that there are not a lot of Vietnamese people at Maryland SOP...

There are only 6 Viets at University at Buffalo 2013 class out of 126 students :thumbdown:

Hello everyone,

I'm vietnamese :D. I'm preparing for the MCAT and I'm having a lot of problems with the Verbal section. I wonder how everyone learns vocabulary? Do you learn them in english or vietnamese meaning? I have been learning new words by looking up their meaning in english and make sentences, but it seems not working. So I'm changing the way I study for new words. I learn their meanings in vietnamese to see if I can retain or remember them for a longer time.

Any suggestions?

Hi, my name is Viet and I'm Vietnamese! That's so awesome! Pharmacy is dominated in the pharmacy schools here in Texas.

so i heard lots of vietnamese girls do pharmacy so i lurked on to this pre-pharmacy section. i come from pre-dental.

love vietgirls

no im not viet. im krn
:laugh:

Last edited: