Vietnamese Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bac? Nam? Is that like an east coast / west coast kind of thing?

Oh no, it's the North and South regions of Vietnam. We also have a Middle region. People from these three regions have different accents.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know why you say that bac girls are sweet. I've heard from all the bac guys saying that they like nam girls better because nam girls are more "tha^.t tha`" va "de thuong". Not trying to offend any bac girls, because this is just what I've heard from almost everyone. I am not bac girl btw, I was born in Ho Chi Minh city and I'm mixed between Trung and Nam regions.

Well, I was born here in the US so my distinction is between ABC and FOB. No offense of course....:D

:cool:
Don't know why you say that bac girls are sweet. I've heard from all the bac guys saying that they like nam girls better because nam girls are more "tha^.t tha`" va "de thuong". Not trying to offend any bac girls, because this is just what I've heard from almost everyone. I am not bac girl btw, I was born in Ho Chi Minh city and I'm mixed between Trung and Nam regions.

Yeah, from bac guys you've heard, bac guys are stingy. I was born in Saigon (no preface to TPHCM), but from experiences; I just like the way and the flow when Bac girls in a converstaion. I guess different people, different strokes. But I love all type of girls.:cool: Nam girls arent more that tha and de thuong, I think its just the stereotype you've develop from your friend's perception. All I say is step out of your paradigm and meet more people, you'll be suprise how big the world is out there. Congrats on Bradenton though, Im in Orlando come check out the Nam guys..:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have the Northern accent (don't hate lol).... but i was born in the South (tỉnh Đồng Nai) :)

djEllisDee, i LOVE your name btw :) .... do you spin?

Thanks for the love, pretty subiminal eh? But yeah Ive been spinning for 2 years but listening to breaks since I was 5 years old. The Bay area is awesone and known for deep house, any good places?

Thanks for the love, pretty subiminal eh? But yeah Ive been spinning for 2 years but listening to breaks since I was 5 years old. The Bay area is awesone and known for deep house, any good places?

Hey
There are a few good venues in SF for electronica but overall they're harder to find than when i was living in Los Angeles.... AHHHH Winter Music Conference is coming up!! have you ever been? i've been wanting to go sooo badly for a few years now but it's kinda pricey....

I was born in Ho Chi Minh city and I have north Vietnamese accent, my family are from the North. To be honest, I prefer nam girls rather than bac girls both in appearance and personality (this is just my personal preference, don't get offended girls :D).

I don't think it matters whether you're bac or nam, trung or somewhere inbtwn. I hear the stereotypes, but it really comes down to the individual in question, their lifestyle and personality! Get to know the real them - and not just by where they were born!

My 2cents. :D

I don't think it matters whether you're bac or nam, trung or somewhere inbtwn. I hear the stereotypes, but it really comes down to the individual in question, their lifestyle and personality! Get to know the real them - and not just by where they were born!

My 2cents. :D

"People are people..." :idea::D:thumbup:

WOW Scarlett! i'm from Dong Nai too - specifically Ho Nai. My family's from the north but I was born in the south. lived among all the north people so i still have my north accent (the proper accent haha jk). I never distinguish btw bac and nam guys / girls... i really don't see any difference, each person is unique.

Hello
Anyone here from Chau Doc , An Giang?

I will be in VCU next August or UMB hic hic hic ( because my bf wants me to stay close to him) any way, if anyone want to have group study or hang out, I' m all in :)

why you feel scare? I was a med student in Vn, I have seen lot of Pharmacist make ton of money, and not so much rules as in US

I'm a Vietnamese too. I got an interview at LECOM Bradenton Feb 14th. I've been in the US for 4 years, so I'm so nervous when participating in group discussion. Can you give me some details about group discussion?

Thanks for sharing
Hey Kim

how is your interview? I will have my interview tomorrow too, not really worry, just go for experience

man!!! damn finally know about this THREAD!! im Viet man!! u guys talk about PHO a lot...Pho was originally made from Communist man!!! lets not talk about it so much =O) i feel angry when u guys talk about it!! GROAR! :eek: ...i am from VIrginia..and so many Vietnamese down here are so smart...gpa is high =) competition man!! our average GPA is 3.7
where did you get the infor about who is the first person make pho?

hum, you are in VA, did you try Vietnam 75 Pho?

Members don't see this ad :)
umh, anybody going to Las Vegas for an interview next coming week?

umh, anybody going to Las Vegas for an interview next coming week?

Do you know what the next interview dates are? I got mine on 01/26, but my roomate is still waiting for one.

I'm also Vietnamese. Did any of you apply to University of Florida Orlando Campus?

small world, im viet too =D, can i join the party? lol

I dont know we do have a vietnamese community here in this forum...sound fun....lolzz.

hey im viet, ya like my scrnname?

hey I'm viet too ^_^ repping the canadian viet chics =)

100% viet =D (as im told) but lots of people say i look mandarin...I'm not even sure what "mandarin" looks like

I'm Vietnamese and Philadelphian! Represent! (J/K) I hate Philly! It's a love/hate relationship.

haha im viet too!

but isnt everyone who applies to pharmacy school though? haha:p

is there any Viet going to Ohio State U for fall 2008?
I think I need a roommate...
I'm a girl from CA

anyone attending MCPHS-Worcester in the fall 2008?

Chào mấy cu và mấy chim :D

I'm Vietnamese ;)) in San Jose now and going to Mission College, Santa Clara. Is anyone here planning to go to UOP?

Hi all,

It's great that there's a Viet forum. I feel right at home. This is cool. So, is anyone applying this coming year? And for those already got accepted, please share your secret weapons...:)

heyyyy ppl! I'm vietnamese!!!Everyone and their mom's are pharmacists/pre pharm! lol literally. My mom is one and she has pushed and pushed me to become something in the medical field now I'm finally enjoying the pre-req courses. Not trying to sound like a nerd, but I think science is interesting... HOLLA!

hey, i'm viet too....just got in UT Austin pharmacy school for this Fall....is anyone going there? I need a roommate pretty soon....

Hi,
I am vietnamese. I just got accepted by FAMU, does any Vietnamese in here got accepted by FAMU for Fall 2008 ?

Hi,
I am vietnamese. I just got accepted by FAMU, does any Vietnamese in here got accepted by FAMU for Fall 2008 ?

Hi
congrats violettulip. Can you share a little secret how to get in FAMU. I applied there last year. Did not hear anything from them, not even a reject letter

I am Viet. I am looking for help to relearn to speak viet too. If anyone would like to help me, please say something. = )

Also, anyone near the Boston area?

Hi
congrats violettulip. Can you share a little secret how to get in FAMU. I applied there last year. Did not hear anything from them, not even a reject letter

Don't be a transfer student and have a good G.P.A. with all the pre-reqs complete =-)

I am Viet. I am looking for help to relearn to speak viet too. If anyone would like to help me, please say something. = )

Also, anyone near the Boston area?

Hey, I'm Bostonian and very very fluent Vietnamese speaker ......lol

Not everyone starts there after high school so most of the people applying are transfers. I'm a transfer with a crap gpa and I got in.

Really ? Well, i do believe some people are very lucky in their lives and I hope I will be the one when I apply to pharmacy school.

Hey, I'm Bostonian and very very fluent Vietnamese speaker ......lol

hi hi hi...good luck for OC in Fall....lolzz...and hope that you will make it to pharmacy next year ^^

Hi

Thank you!
I work hard for my GPA although it is not perfect..and I think I am very lucky this year too because I did not get in last year. I am a transfer student from community college, got AA with 3.75 GPA, science 3.8, work experience about 1 year ...That's all!

You can do it..and do not give up..reapply next year. You will get in. Good luck!

I really look for a vietnamese girl roommate at FAMU FAll 08.

hi hi hi...good luck for OC in Fall....lolzz...and hope that you will make it to pharmacy next year ^^

Yah, i really hope so too. This was my dream since i came to us but when i started college (1995), i was so "ham dzui" then i quited school. Now i regreted that stupid decision.

Congrats to all who got accepted and good luck to you ( i know the wait is pain...)

Viet too! :) I was accepted to the University of Washington Class of 2012.