Virginia Tech Dental School???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was curious if anyone had heard anything about a new Dental School at Virginia Tech through VCOM? A friend who goes there for Architecture said that VT is opening a new school in Blacksburg to start taking a class in 2005. Just curious, because all I have been able to find on the subject is http://mailman.u.washington.edu/pipermail/cavity/2003/000091.html which doesn't say much.

Word

Members don't see this ad.

How does the whole process of setting up a dental school work anyways? I'm surprised that more dental schools are not setup.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a grad of Virginia Tech for both my BS and MS. I also live in Virginia. I've read a few brief newspaper articles and seen a few articles in alumni magazines about this topic. I hadn't heard if it was for sure or not though,but more a possibility. They rececently opened an osteopathic medical school in conjunction with the local hospital, so I see things going that direction. Also, that area is considered part of the underserved portion of Virginia, so there is a need/desire to put more dentists in the area. I'll look into it more and see what I get.

Zimaad, check your pm box.