You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM - Applications C/O 2022
Started by TopGun86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am! I just watched my best friend graduate from VMRCVM last night! The professor who did the keynote was amazing. I've only heard amazing things about this school. Very excited about applying here.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Just figured I would get the ball rolling for those of you applying to Virginia/Maryland!
I am starting VA-MD this fall, so if anyone has any questions about the school just ask!
Here is the c/o 2021 thread:
VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants
I am starting VA-MD this fall, so if anyone has any questions about the school just ask!
Here is the c/o 2021 thread:
VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants
Another thread was already started for this school. Combining them now.
Hi! Thanks for creating this tread! I was wondering how they are towards OOS? Thanks!
http://www.becomeavet.vetmed.vt.edu/admissions/who_gets_in
That's got some info on stats of accepted students. They accept 40 OOS each year.
Hi! Thanks for creating this tread! I was wondering how they are towards OOS? Thanks!
I just read on their website that for a class of 120 they took 50 Virginia residents, 30 Maryland residents, and then 40 students were OOS with up to 6 of those being West Virginia residents. So there are potentially only about 34 OOS spots. However, they look for unique people. Also if you come from a state that does not have a vet school they said they are more likely o interview that person over someone who has an IS.
thank you and who created another threat?Another thread was already started for this school. Combining them now.
I got waitlisted at VMCVM this past cycle so I am reapplying 🙁Hi! Thanks for creating this tread! I was wondering how they are towards OOS? Thanks!
Oh thank you! That's really helpful. I am contemplating on apply but since I am from Florida and I do have an IS, I looks like my chances are much slimmer. Bummer, but good to know. Do ya figure most vet school are like that?I just read on their website that for a class of 120 they took 50 Virginia residents, 30 Maryland residents, and then 40 students were OOS with up to 6 of those being West Virginia residents. So there are potentially only about 34 OOS spots. However, they look for unique people. Also if you come from a state that does not have a vet school they said they are more likely o interview that person over someone who has an IS.
Oh thank you! That's really helpful. I am contemplating on apply but since I am from Florida and I do have an IS, I looks like my chances are much slimmer. Bummer, but good to know. Do ya figure most vet school are like that?
We have people in our class from Florida, so I wouldn't use that as your sole determinant on whether to apply. Also remember, once you get an interview background and academics no longer matter because applicant scores are reset to zero .
Oh thank you! That's really helpful. I am contemplating on apply but since I am from Florida and I do have an IS, I looks like my chances are much slimmer. Bummer, but good to know. Do ya figure most vet school are like that?
Well I would apply to schools you are interested in going to and also ones that you have a good chance of getting into. Look at that average stats for the accepted students at each school and how many they accepted IS vs OOS. That will give a good indication of what your chances are at applying. If you really like VA the school and area and would go if you got in, then apply. if not, don't apply.
Second time applying! Was waitlisted last cycle 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was also put on the wait list after the interview. This is our year people!
Same here was waitlisted for the dual degree DVM/PhD program. Good luck this cycle! I am sure we WILL all get an interview this cycle again!Second time applying! Was waitlisted last cycle 🙂
Good luck honey!Was also put on the wait list after the interview. This is our year people!
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! If you have any questions about the new curriculum, life in Blacksburg, or the school in general there's a bunch of current students checking on the forums periodically throughout the application cycle.
Also, as an OOS student from a state with two vet schools, I can assure you that being from a place with an in-state doesn't impact their decision as much as you'd think. In fact, there are many OOS students in my class from states with vet schools.
Also, as an OOS student from a state with two vet schools, I can assure you that being from a place with an in-state doesn't impact their decision as much as you'd think. In fact, there are many OOS students in my class from states with vet schools.
You WILL get in this time around! I believe in you!Second time applying! Was waitlisted last cycle 🙂
You WILL get in this time around! I believe in you!Was also put on the wait list after the interview. This is our year people!
Just sent in my application for VMCVM!
How many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfect
are any other re-applicants freaking out?
How many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfectare any other re-applicants freaking out?

What are some of your guys' stats?
What are some of your guys' stats?
Second time right here!
Last edited:
How many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfectare any other re-applicants freaking out?
Second time right here!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Good luck!!!Second time right here! Got waitlisted for the DVM/PhD program but never got in!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk







First time OOS applicant, Good luck everyone!
Thank you much!Good luck!!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope you'll get in I know the pain of being a second time applicants! It's VERY PAINFULHow many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfectare any other re-applicants freaking out?
Did anyone get a received application notification from VM?
Thanks for replying back. I just sent an email to VAMD as I haven't received a confirmation email from them.I got one about a week after submitting my materials... Email with subject: VMCAS Application received VA-MD Med.
Do they accept online classes at all?
residency
LOL. I worded the email nicely, and basically asked if I should expect a confirmation email. Lol! Thanks for the helpmight have gotten special attention because I forgot to submit my residency form (d'oh!). The email was basically "we have all of your stuff except your residency form.... you might want that"![]()
I received a similar confirmation email when my supplemental fee didn't process correctly, but once I submited the fee again I never received another email stating they had everything. I'm just hanging tight for now. I figured they'll reach out if they don't.
Do they accept online classes at all?
Yes, many of my classes were online, including the lab portions. I specifically checked to make sure mine would be accepted, though, and I would advise you to do the same just in case.
when do they send out e-mails for interviews?
End of the first week of December, so probably Dec 7th or 8th
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
when do they send out e-mails for interviews?
Ours came on December 8th last year.
Did anyone from last year get that email about the applicant interview scheduling and get really excited? Then Shelby confirmed it was a mistake and I almost cried, lol.
Did anyone from last year get that email about the applicant interview scheduling and get really excited? Then Shelby confirmed it was a mistake and I almost cried, lol.
Yes Hahaha
Did anyone from last year get that email about the applicant interview scheduling and get really excited? Then Shelby confirmed it was a mistake and I almost cried, lol.
Even better is that one of my current classmates got the email. She thought she'd been booted and made to reapply

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted for an Interview. 🙂
Last edited:
Interview waitlist! I'll take what I can get


