-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM - Applications C/O 2022
Started by TopGun86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview waitlist...OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My email said they will all be Jan 13th and 14th and that they will send out the instructions for reserving a time slot later today.Interview waitlist OOS. Does anyone know if they have started to schedule interviews and the likelihood that we could be taken off the wait list? Thanks in advance!
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Interview waitlist 🙁 I was invited to an interview and went last year 🙁
Last edited:
I just received an email saying that I was placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how many people are placed on the list or know of anyone who was on the list and got an interview?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Declined an interview 🙁 Good luck to those who got waitlisted or received an interview!
Interview waitlist 🙁 I was invited to an interview and went last year 🙁
That stinks! I got rejected last year and did the whole interview thing after and made changes to my application for this year. I wish us all the best of luck!!
@britzen are you OOS or IS? CONGRATS!!!!
I’m OOS and received an interview waitlist as well. I can’t believe they had 1650 applicants. I’ll take the waitlist.... wish I knew which number hahaha let us know if you were OOS and did receive an interview! I’m curious. Congrats to all that received an interview, that’s amazing to be able to stand out among that many applicants.
Same! Congrats!Got an interview! Maryland resident.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll get an interview hopefully. I know how frustrating it can be. But I pray for all of y'all to get in somewhere.I’m OOS and received an interview waitlist as well. I can’t believe they had 1650 applicants. I’ll take the waitlist.... wish I knew which number hahaha let us know if you were OOS and did receive an interview! I’m curious. Congrats to all that received an interview, that’s amazing to be able to stand out from that many applicants.
I got an interview at UC Davis but I declined it due to family and money issue. I'm sure someone will decline their interview
I think @TopGun86 is an OOS applicant?I’m OOS and received an interview waitlist as well. I can’t believe they had 1650 applicants. I’ll take the waitlist.... wish I knew which number hahaha let us know if you were OOS and did receive an interview! I’m curious. Congrats to all that received an interview, that’s amazing to be able to stand out among that many applicants.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Interview waitlisted, OOS. Everyone that I know from PSU who applied (so like 10 people) was also waitlisted. Including my friend who has a 4.0 and my friend who is an MD resident. Must be reallyyyyy competitive this year. That or VAMD has a grudge against PSU 😉
@just_wanna_save_dogs hahaha I’m a Penn State alum!!! Back when I first applied in 2012, VAMD took a lot of Penn Staters... best friend from State just graduated there in May. Usually they have a good amount from PSU, just a super competitive year! I’m still in shock that it was 1650.
OOS Interview waitlist!!!!! Still hopeful!
Based on the most recent published stats (class of 2020) 18% of out of state applicants got an interview 2 years ago. I imagine it's lower now, since there are 200 more applicants than there were that year.
MD residents were at 52% and VA were at 36%.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
MD residents were at 52% and VA were at 36%.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Interview OOS! Congrats to those who got interviews and waitlisted!! Does anyone know how this interview process works?
I Just read that they have an MMI format!
YAY MANASISTER!!!!!




Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's MMI format.
Also, the interview is the only determining factor for acceptance. As in, they don't weight an interview score as, say, 20% of your total application like some schools do. If you get to the interview, all applicants are on an equal playing field at that point and acceptances / rejections rest solely on how well you interview.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Also, the interview is the only determining factor for acceptance. As in, they don't weight an interview score as, say, 20% of your total application like some schools do. If you get to the interview, all applicants are on an equal playing field at that point and acceptances / rejections rest solely on how well you interview.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
I am on the interview waitlist! I will take it since it is not a instant no. I am curious how many people have been put on the interview waitlist and how much of a chance I have getting off of the waitlist. I am OOS. Does anyone have any information on this?
YAY MANASISTER!!!!!![]()
It's a good thing too, since it's the only place I applied

Clearly all due to the mana-family love from you and @finnickthedog! 😉
Oh man, yeah it is!!! ROOTING FOR YOU AT YOUR INTERVIEW BLITZEN!!!!It's a good thing too, since it's the only place I applied
Clearly all due to the mana-family love from you and @finnickthedog! 😉
Uh DUH.
Got an interview! OOS applicant!
Interview invite, IS VA.
Wait listed for an interview OOS. Does anyone know what this mean? How many people are wait listed and how likely is it to get in interview on the wait list?
Based on previous year threads I think the waitlist is quite long - basically everybody who met the minimum requirements but didn't receive an interview invite, maybe? (eg didn't get automatically bounced for not completing a pre-req or something).
Tough to say how likely you are to get an interview... I'd bet quite a few people near the top of the OOS waitlist will eventually get interview.
The email instructions from the school say we have until next Monday to select an interview time. Maybe they'll send out interview waitlist invites shortly after that since theoretically they will know how many people declined?
Some of the current students hanging around the forum probably have a better idea... Paging @PreVetMed @love2hunt
Last edited:
Waitlist OOS, I know of at least 15 others as well! Good luck everyone! 😀
Here's my stats: OOS (NJ)Would any people OOS who got an interview mind sharing their stats?
Attend Cornell
GPA: 3.61
Science GPA:3.51
Last 45 GPA: 3.48
GRE :154Q 156V 5W
Currently an EMT (work as a technician in a hospital)
vet hours: about 500 (small animals)
animal hours: over 1,000 (small, exotic, aquarium)
-Research for about 2 years (bovine project) and a whole bunch of extracurriculars as well (I can elaborate that further if you want)
OOS CA, remember that grades do not determine who you are.
Undergraduate (graduating in 3 years instead of 4)
Cumulative GPA: 3.35
Science: 3.1
Vet experience: 700 SA
700 LA
Research: LOTS! Two published papers and research at CalTech.
Vet assistant at LA/Equine Hospital
Animal Hours: Too many to quantify
Did not take the GRE!
Undergraduate (graduating in 3 years instead of 4)
Cumulative GPA: 3.35
Science: 3.1
Vet experience: 700 SA
700 LA
Research: LOTS! Two published papers and research at CalTech.
Vet assistant at LA/Equine Hospital
Animal Hours: Too many to quantify
Did not take the GRE!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still waiting too (on hour 5), don't think it's just you!Is anyone having trouble reserving an interview date? I created my guest account over six hours ago and have not received a follow up email to reserve my spot.
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
OOS interview waitlist
