You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls
Started by cecetot
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
alabamaslamma
scared money don't make money
Depends on the school. Only takes 10 minutes and Casper will filter it out if the school doesn’t want it so no reason not to do it
They do not require the snapshot I believe.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there! Do you know anything about the HPSP scholarship for your class? For instance, how many applied and how many actually got the scholarship?Current 3rd year and happy to answer any questions about the school! I don’t know anything about Casper though 🙂
For the class of 2022, 2 people were awarded the HPSP but only one continued in the program through graduation. Not sure how many people applied, but I can't imagine it was more than a handful.
The Army is hurting badly for recruits generally this year. Not sure about veterinarians, but private practice bonuses and salaries are so high right now that I wouldn't be surprised if they are hurting for health professionals too. That should translate to a higher likelihood of being accepted.
Edited to add: The student affairs people probably know the stats, you can ask them.
(They aren't allowed to disclose who has it, but they can probably tell you the stats for current classes. Even if they don't track it directly, they probably generally remember how many people they've done paperwork for in recent years and will know how many current students have it.)
The Army is hurting badly for recruits generally this year. Not sure about veterinarians, but private practice bonuses and salaries are so high right now that I wouldn't be surprised if they are hurting for health professionals too. That should translate to a higher likelihood of being accepted.
Edited to add: The student affairs people probably know the stats, you can ask them.
(They aren't allowed to disclose who has it, but they can probably tell you the stats for current classes. Even if they don't track it directly, they probably generally remember how many people they've done paperwork for in recent years and will know how many current students have it.)
Last edited:
I had personally emailed them and they said Snapshot was not required. Only the Casper exam!Idk if a thread has been made for this school yet but just wondering if the Casper snapshot is required too or just the Casper exam!! 🙂
I emailed them right after I posted and yes she confirmed the same! You rock thanks so much 🙂 ( also thank goodness one less thing to worry about!)I had personally emailed them and they said Snapshot was not required. Only the Casper exam!
Officially sent in my application! 3rd time IS applicant and I’m hoping this is the year! Good luck to everyone!
Their website says invites will go out late Nov/early Dec and interviews will be held Dec/Jan. In the past, I believe invites were sent mid-Dec and interviews were held in early/mid Jan.Anyone know the time frame for interviews ?
Has anyone been interviewed/accepted despite low CASPer results? My score fell in the 1st quartile, and I swear I'm empathetic/good at problem-solving but it takes me longer than 5 minutes to think about what I want for lunch, let alone those deeper scenarios 😅 lol
Last year interviews came out December 9th and we had i think December 14th-January 3rd to complete them! I’m unsure of the format this yearAnyone know the time frame for interviews ?
a lot of people in my class had low casper scores!Has anyone been interviewed/accepted despite low CASPer results? My score fell in the 1st quartile, and I swear I'm empathetic/good at problem-solving but it takes me longer than 5 minutes to think about what I want for lunch, let alone those deeper scenarios 😅 lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my third time applying to VMCVM and third overall time applying as well. Third times the charm? Good luck to everyone!
I was told by admissions that they aren’t too worried about the CASPER. They just hadn’t gotten rid of it for this past cycle yet. It did sounds like they may not require it in the future though.Has anyone been interviewed/accepted despite low CASPer results? My score fell in the 1st quartile, and I swear I'm empathetic/good at problem-solving but it takes me longer than 5 minutes to think about what I want for lunch, let alone those deeper scenarios 😅 lol
eleanor713
Full Member
The website says updates can start at the end of November. For those that applied last year when did you start hearing back?
I heard back closer to the first week of December. Last year was 12/9 and the year before that was 12/3.The website says updates can start at the end of November. For those that applied last year when did you start hearing back?
I can't say anything about last year, but each time I applied to VMCVM I heard back about interviews around the first-second week of December. End of November would definitely be reasonable based on that I think, but don't necessarily spend that week holding your breath waiting to hear somethingThe website says updates can start at the end of November. For those that applied last year when did you start hearing back?
vetmedislife7
Full Member
1st time OOS applicant to Virginia-Maryland, 4th time applicant overall. Looking forward to hearing back in the next couple of weeks!!
everwander__
Full Member
Me too! I have the faith all will be fine. Best wishes to you!
vetmedislife7
Full Member
Anyone else getting more anxious by the day? 😳
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
I feel like time went by so fast, and now it’s pretty darn slow 😅 won’t hold my breath for next week, but the week after I’ve got my fingers crossed 🤞Anyone else getting more anxious by the day? 😳
vetmedislife7
Full Member
I looked back and decisions were sent out on December 9th last year. So I guess we will have to be patient for the next couple of weeks! Best of luck y’all!I feel like time went by so fast, and now it’s pretty darn slow 😅 won’t hold my breath for next week, but the week after I’ve got my fingers crossed 🤞
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Most definitely. Each morning and night. I feel like I am staring at my email 24/7 😩Anyone else getting more anxious by the day? 😳
They are virtual.Are interviews in-person this year or virtual?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
everwander__
Full Member
I am too!Most definitely. Each morning and night. I feel like I am staring at my email 24/7 😩
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
Do you happen to know if they are recorded or live?They are virtual.
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
Where'd you see that they were virtual? I'm trying to make an excel sheet with info about each interview lolThey are virtual.
hope2BaDVM
Full Member
They have an admissions timeline on their websiteWhere'd you see that they were virtual? I'm trying to make an excel sheet with info about each interview lol
They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.Do you happen to know if they are recorded or live?
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
Oh man so it’s like the CASPER then sort of?They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.
hope2BaDVM
Full Member
I hate that... so much...They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Me too! When I did the Snapshot portion, I literally fell a part because I could not get my thoughts together. I did well on the Casper portion, but speaking into the computer with a countdown sent my nerves in over drive.... 😩I hate that... so much...
Where'd you see that they were virtual? I'm trying to make an excel sheet with info about each interview lol
It is somewhere on their website lol. I interviewed last year, and they said they are continuing with the same format for this cycle. Last year it was 8 questions, one of which had 2 parts, so 9 responses I recorded. They have pre-recorded "scenarios" that you watch, and then you are given some time (I wanna say it was like 30 seconds to a minute) to reflect. And then you have 4 minutes to respond. It definitely is a little weird not having any back and forth conversations with anybody. But yeah it is pretty much just like the snapshot portion of the Casper test as your responses are video recordings and not typed.Do you happen to know if they are recorded or live?
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
Thanks for the insight. If I’m honored with an interview I will definitely be considering prepping my ability to talk for 4 min straight at a time 😂It is somewhere on their website lol. I interviewed last year, and they said they are continuing with the same format for this cycle. Last year it was 8 questions, one of which had 2 parts, so 9 responses I recorded. They have pre-recorded "scenarios" that you watch, and then you are given some time (I wanna say it was like 30 seconds to a minute) to reflect. And then you have 4 minutes to respond. It definitely is a little weird not having any back and forth conversations with anybody. But yeah it is pretty much just like the snapshot portion of the Casper test as your responses are video recordings and not typed.
I believe it is all sent out on the same day. I was rejected last year on 12/9will we know if we’ve been rejected at the same time people get invited for interviews?
I didn’t do it either and from my understanding it is NOT requiredWas casper snapshot portion required? I dont think i did it and now im worried I'll be denied just because of it.
finnfinn102
Full Member
I contacted admissions back in the summer and asked this, they said it wasn’t required!Was casper snapshot portion required? I dont think i did it and now im worried I'll be denied just because of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year it was 4 minutes per question 🙂 you do have 2 minutes to read the question and make notes before the recording starts!They are recorded. You answer each question within a given time frame (I think it’s been 8 minutes in the past) and your answers are recorded. The people on the admissions committee each review one question.
everyone will hear the same day 🙂 you’ll either be rejected, waitlisted to interview, or invited to interviewwill we know if we’ve been rejected at the same time people get invited for interviews?
thank you !everyone will hear the same day 🙂 you’ll either be rejected, waitlisted to interview, or invited to interview
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Hi there everyone! I am a 1st time, OOS, non-traditional applicant. Here to join the nervous anxiety with everyone else! 😅
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 502
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 302