VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS interview as well! Congrats to everyone with your invites :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Interview invite! Congrats everyone!

• Love
Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Me looking at my email, but there is nothing there...

Congrats to everyone so far!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they send out invites/waitlists/rejections all at once? Does anyone know if that changed?
I thought so too! I haven’t received anything either. What time did everyone’s invites get sent out? Maybe they are doing them in waves?

Reactions: 1 user
I thought so too! I haven’t received anything either. What time did everyone’s invites get sent out? Maybe they are doing them in waves?
I'm curious as well

check your spams! sometimes they go there :)

I also haven’t received anything, hoping to at least receive an email regarding some level of a decision tonight 😅

Reactions: 3 users
Well, I wasn't anxious at the start of today but here we are 😅😅😅

Reactions: 4 users
OOS interview invite! Will be declining due to accepting a seat at another school. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Congrats everybody 🥳🧡 VMCVM is the best 😉 (not biased at all)

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, best of luck to all who are interviewing!! You will do fantastic :)

• Care
OOS rejected, this one hurts

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS rejection- congrats to everyone and good luck !

• Care
IS rejection. This one hurts. Fortunately I have been granted interviews elsewhere. ❤️ best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS rejection :/ Honestly wasn't a top school, but it still stings.

• Care
I thought they send out invites/waitlists/rejections all at once? Does anyone know if that changed?
It appears to be all at once. I just received the rejection email, haha. Congratulations to everyone that received invites!

• Care
OOS rejection. This is my fourth one this cycle and this one really sucks since I was kinda hopeful about this school and was really proud of my essays this time. Ugh. Congrats to everyone that received an interview and best of luck to you all ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS rejection. Anyone waitlisted?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations everyone!!!! Your hard work has paid off! I wish the best to all and your decisions!! 😊😊😊

OOS rejection. This is my fourth one this cycle and this one really sucks since I was kinda hopeful about this school and was really proud of my essays this time. Ugh. Congrats to everyone that received an interview and best of luck to you all ❤️
Remember resiliency. It hurts but, if you want to become a veterinarian you will do everything it takes. May you pull through strong and know you did your best.

• Care
OOS Rejected as well. Sad as this is my third time applying and I had been waitlisted in the past :/ good luck and congratulations to all who got through! To all who didn’t, rejections don’t define you and you are more than your application. Hope that you get the yeses you deserve eventually!

• Care
OOS rejected. Second time applying. Applied 2 years ago with little vet hours and a okay recommendation for a vet. And was high on the waitlist. Now have thousands of hours and a great vet recommendation letter and got rejected. Suck because I worked really hard to make my application better

• Care
OOS rejection. Anyone waitlisted?
OOS rejected. Second time applying. Applied 2 years ago with little vet hours and a okay recommendation for a vet. And was high on the waitlist. Now have thousands of hours and a great vet recommendation letter and got rejected. Suck because I worked really hard to make my application better
I understand how you feel. This was my top choice.

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites!! Current first year, I still remember how excited I was to receive mine 🤩 For those who were rejected, keep pushing!! You’ve got this!

Does anyone have plans after being rejected? I am currently working as a veterinary assistant. I will use this time to focus on hobbies and other certifications I have always wanted.

OOS rejection, heartbroken. The resiliency essay was one of the best essays I’ve ever written. Have a few acceptances so far, but still upsetting. I’m so glad everyone here has such kind words to lift us up ❤️ best of luck to those interviewing!

• Care
OOS rejection. RIP. I honestly thought I had a decent chance. I wonder what I did wrong. 🤔
I did awful in the CASPR test but I figured that wouldn’t be too huge of a deal. 😬 Maybe it was my gpa. Idk.

• Care
Don’t lose sight of the end goal! One of the vets I currently work for didn’t go to vet school until she was 40. She was denied her first cycle and got in on her second and she doesn’t regret it!!

IS rejection. This one stings the most but hopefully the application review will help. Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

• Care
OOS rejection :( congrats to everyone who got invites!

• Care
Congrats to everyone who got an invite!
OOS rejection. This was my top choice and third time applying. I even had an incredible review last cycle. She said my application was perfect and just to keep applying. I’m devastated. This was the last time for me. I can’t keep doing this to myself.I’ve spent three years and thousands of dollars applying, repeating courses, developing my app and so on. It’s a numbers game and it’s sickening that we all have to play it. Or maybe it plays us? This was my third rejection this cycle. Four left.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats to everyone who got an invite!
OOS rejection. This was my top choice and third time applying. I even had an incredible review last cycle. She said my application was perfect and just to keep applying. I’m devastated. This was the last time for me. I can’t keep doing this to myself.I’ve spent three years and thousands of dollars applying, repeating courses, developing my app and so on. It’s a numbers game and it’s sickening that we all have to play it. Or maybe it plays us? This was my third rejection this cycle. Four left.
That’s insane to say your application was perfect. Like what does it come down to? Getting into vet school is harder then I expected. Best wishes to you.

IS interview invite!!! I’m crying!

• Love
Remember resiliency. It hurts but, if you want to become a veterinarian you will do everything it takes. May you pull through strong and know you did your best.
THIS.

Multi-time applicant here, I graduate in May. I would not be where I am today without resiliency (and a lot of other things). Believe me I know rejection hurts. I almost didn't apply one more time, but my mom reminded me of the number I set for myself at the beginning and I had one more year. I made myself push through, and now I'm where I once thought I'd never be.

Hang in there everyone, and please feel free to reach out with any questions! Sending lots of love and support ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Just got my rejection email. Congrats to those who got interviews and best of luck!

• Care
This might not help anyone but after my rejection last year I did do a file review with VM. She had told me that my application was very strong, essays and recommendations were great, and that I didn’t have a bad GPA/science GPA, they just had a very very competitive pool of applicants, so I would bet a lot of money that it’s a similar case this year (my rejection email said over 1700 applicants! Those odds are crazy) so as hard as it is, chin up everyone. Vet school applications are hell, so anyone getting interviews should be insanely proud of themselves (happy dance time!) — But to all of us rejected, this doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to be a doctor. I’m in the same boat, a couple rejections in and feeling defeated, but just know that all you need is one yes, and if you haven’t gotten it yet it’s still out there! If anyone needs to talk or vent or anything, feel free to message me!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS interview invite! Would any current students/students who have interviewed with the school before give some insight on what their process is like? Do they ask more traditional questions or scenario-based?

• Love
OOS interview too! Does anyone know how long after interviews they send acceptance/rejection notice?

• Love
OOS interview invite! Would any current students/students who have interviewed with the school before give some insight on what their process is like? Do they ask more traditional questions or scenario-based?
When I toured there the student I walked around with said she helps with admissions. She obviously couldn’t say much, but told me that when discussing interview format they were leaning toward more scenario based questions for this year.