You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls
Started by cecetot
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
Same here, I'm going to be anxiety-checking every email notification 😅I hope so!!!
charliesmom98
Full Member
do we definitely hear back prior to the end of December?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as a first year at VMCVM, my guess is thursday or friday 😊 good luck everybody!Do y’all think this will be the week ?
I personally do. I heard from them on 12/9 last year and 12/3 the year before so I feel that as long as they are still on the same timeline then it will be some time this weekDo y’all think this will be the week ?
eleanor713
Full Member
I’m predicting Thursday!
3.55 cGPA, last 45 3.9 something, science gpa 3.4If anyones that interviewed with Virginia Maryland before- would you mind sharing your stats at the time???
i had like 3,000 hours, some leadership roles, and also did some research. My class is VERY DIVERSE, so my best recommendation is don’t look at stats for vmcvm, be yourself
I hope so!!! The email came on Thursday 12/9 @ 6 PM last year... Getting close to that time!Do y’all think this will be the week ?
im quite literally shaking in my bootsDo y’all think this will be the week ?
finnfinn102
Full Member
Someone in the Facebook group said they contacted admissions and they said it would be towards the end of December. I hope not because my anxiety cannot wait that long 😅
sjanko2
VMCVM C/O 2027
Oh gosh no way!! 🙁Someone in the Facebook group said they contacted admissions and they said it would be towards the end of December. I hope not because my anxiety cannot wait that long 😅
vet4willow
New Member
What’s the name of the Facebook page??Someone else on the Facebook page says they contacted admissions and were told by the end of next week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s called APVMA: The American Pre-Veterinary Medical AssociationWhat’s the name of the Facebook page??
everwander__
Full Member
🫣🫣🫣Do y’all think this will be the week ?
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Is the anticipation driving anyone else crazy? 🙃
Lol yup, was just about to comment this myself 😅 I'm really hoping it's this week cuz i honestly just wanna hear from all my schools alreadyIs the anticipation driving anyone else crazy? 🙃
MayaFaye
Full Member
Lol yup, was just about to comment this myself [emoji28] I'm really hoping it's this week cuz i honestly just wanna hear from all my schools already
I swear Ive gained 10 pounds since this all started [emoji24] I’m so beyond stressed and of course binge eating!
charliesmom98
Full Member
I just saw someone post on the APVMA Facebook group that they contacted admissions and they decisions will be out by the end of next week
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
I have never felt this so much in my life 🤫 😩 I just want this part over with!I swear Ive gained 10 pounds since this all started [emoji24] I’m so beyond stressed and of course binge eating!
everwander__
Full Member
People keep asking did I hear back. Please let me be! I am already nervous!!I hope so!!!
everwander__
Full Member
Me too! I thought I was going be stress free! LolI have never felt this so much in my life 🤫 😩 I just want this part over with!
I always feel so bad about this — I know people are asking because they care and want to know, but it’s always the stress point in the back of my mind, so I’m like “Nope, not yet, still slowly dying of anticipation and anxiety 🥲”People keep asking did I hear back. Please let me be! I am already nervous!!
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
People keep asking did I hear back. Please let me be! I am already
Yes! Especially at family events (Thanksgiving) I felt like the MAIN topic. All eyes were on me. And of course with this being my third cycle applying, I feel even more anxiety and pressure because I don't like the face of disappointment I get when I don't get the response I hoped for.I always feel so bad about this — I know people are asking because they care and want to know, but it’s always the stress point in the back of my mind, so I’m like “Nope, not yet, still slowly dying of anticipation and anxiety 🥲”
I’m also a 3rd time applicant!! The pressure is real 😫 the invisible stress that is just constant during cycles is aging me, I swearYes! Especially at family events (Thanksgiving) I felt like the MAIN topic. All eyes were on me. And of course with this being my third cycle applying, I feel even more anxiety and pressure because I don't like the face of disappointment I get when I don't get the response I hoped for.
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
Honestly I’ve just refused to tell almost everyone (with the exception of my parents, partner, advisors, and like two close friends) any updates about my applications and most of the people I know don’t know I’ve applied. I knew that I couldn’t handle people constantly asking about my applications because I know they want to know and they care about my future, like you said.I always feel so bad about this — I know people are asking because they care and want to know, but it’s always the stress point in the back of my mind, so I’m like “Nope, not yet, still slowly dying of anticipation and anxiety 🥲”
One of the vets I shadowed and have known since I was a middle schooler told me that this would be one of the most nerve wracking times of my life and the more people I tell the more pressure I’ve subconsciously put on myself.
I swear we all need therapy just from the application process lol
Third time applicant here as well. I try to talk very little about updates from schools as possible unless someone asks me directly. i’m just tired of having to rely disappointing news over and over :/
finnfinn102
Full Member
I’m so anxious, I just hope it isn’t bad news :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year i received my email at 6:01pm and the year prior at 3:01pm both EST. So a pretty wide range lol. Does anyone else think today will be the day?In the past, what time have they sent out emails?
vetmedislife7
Full Member
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned 6pm. Hoping for today, next week feels so far away!In the past, what time have they sent out emails?
eleanor713
Full Member
I keep telling myself it will be next thrusday so I don’t get my hopes up for today!
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
I have never felt something so much in my life! Lol. 😕 I am grateful that I have naturally blonde hair, otherwise these grey hairs I have now would be quite noticeable. 🤣 Keep your head up though, I bet this is our year/cycle to get in, making all the stress and worth it! 🤞I’m also a 3rd time applicant!! The pressure is real 😫 the invisible stress that is just constant during cycles is aging me, I swear
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
Whether today is our day to find out our fate, be proud of yourself! It takes a lot for each of us to go out on a limb and take a chance such as this, only to be told no. Regardless, we are good enough for greatness is this world!
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
AQHAGirl95
ISU c/o 2027
finnfinn102
Full Member
Anyone else in this thread a WV contract applicant?
Mine are in the successful applicants c/o 2024 thread, but I wouldn’t get too caught up in the comparison game. Adcoms look at the whole package and things like essays and letters aren’t reflected in stats.For any current traditional or non- traditional students, what were stats like when you had applied to VMCVM?
Nevertheless, I was a non-traditional low-GPA non-resident applicant 🙂
Last edited:
everwander__
Full Member
Hey! Did they say why they accepted you? How was your interview?Mine are in the successful applicants c/o 2024 thread, but I wouldn’t get too caught up in the comparison game. Adcoms look at the whole package and things like essays and letters aren’t reflected in stats.
Nevertheless, I was a non-traditional low-GPA non-resident applicant 🙂
No, though it would be really neat if they told us! I've noticed that there are quite a few non-trads in my class and it seems like they value unique experiences. Do they still have the resiliency essay? When I applied I know they really valued resiliency as a trait. In my essay I talked about my mediocre engineering grades from years prior and how I built resilience until my time of application by continuing to work as an engineer while taking my prereqs and getting veterinary experiences (many of those years I was moonlighting as a vet assistant after hours). It was really challenging at times. Also my last 45 credit GPA was a 4.0 when I applied, which demonstrated that I could be successful academically despite all the things I was juggling.Hey! Did they say why they accepted you? How was your interview?
My interview here was my favorite of all interviews! My class was the last to interview in person. There were I think 8 questions/scenarios, some were personal, one was creative, another was a game, and one was a "tell me about a time when..." iirc. Prior to the interview they emphasized the importance of being yourself/genuine so that's exactly what I did. I laughed in one room, definitely cried in another room. My biggest piece of advice is to have fun with it and be real!
The school definitely isn't perfect (no school is), but I love it here and most of my classmates are such great humans 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finnfinn102
Full Member
WV contract interview invite!!
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
IS interview invite!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 601
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 319

