Vmrcvm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben and Me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from them? I don't even know if my application is complete. I've emailed once or twice--I'm planning on giving them a call next week.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember hearing anything last year until they sent out interview invites. This year's interviews are the first week of February for IS and the second week for OOS. They send out invites about 2 weeks before.

Got my "THanks but no thanks" letter on Saturday. Basically the same letter Ive gotten before.

Thanks for applying to the VMRCVM. Each year we get far more applicants than available spots and this year applicant pool is very competitive. Unfortunately, your file is no longer in further consideration. If you chose to apply again blaa, blaa, blaa......

O well, VA would have been a nice location, close to family and such, but I really dont like their "tracking" program. So everything happens for the best, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
gone

Last edited:
Got my "THanks but no thanks" letter on Saturday.

I can't believe you have heard from them already! Last year, I didn't get my "thanks but no thanks" letter until the end of January. I wonder if they are doing things differently this year or if I was just in the last group to get the letter of rejection last year.

LVT2DVM - What don't you like about their tracking program? I am IS in VA, so it's high up on my desire-to-be-accepted list.

Also received a "thanks but no thanks" letter from them yesterday. That's how it goes I guess, four more to go!

I received my "thanks but no thanks" letter today. Oh well!

Well, I haven't heard anything yet and I suppose I hope not to until January!

LVT2DVM - What don't you like about their tracking program? I am IS in VA, so it's high up on my desire-to-be-accepted list.

Some of their electives are limited in space and if you track say mixed or large animal, you arent allowed to take certain electives like small animal dentistry techniques. Which probably wouldnt be a big deal for equine types but for someone who is tracking mixed then its a bummer if you really wanted to get some extra training in dentistry. Nothing really major, I was being grumpy:smuggrin:

gone

Last edited:
I got a rejection letter too. :shrug:

Got my letter today. Of course it happened on the day I sent the check in to have my fall transcripts mailed out. I really wanted to go there, and did some of the "extra" stuff Joyce asked for, but I never got any emails back from her, so I'm not even sure if she received any of it. It was definitely one of my top 3, but only 50 OOS interviews for >500 applicants is a pretty serious cut.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any IS'ers received a rejection letter yet? Or just OOSer's? I'm IS and haven't received anything but don't know if that is a reason to breathe a sigh of relief or not. Last year as an IS, I received my rejection at the end of January.

I had the same question! I'm IS, but the only people I've heard of getting rejection letters are OOS. I applied to VMRCVM for 2007 and I was rejected - but I didn't even get a letter! I just assumed that by the time interviews came and went, I was a no-go. When I heard they were sending out rejection letters, I was shocked. Maybe a change of policy?? Notification of interviews are coming up (3rd week of Jan), so I'm getting kind of anxious. Let me know if any IS have received rejection letters yet! ahhh, this is stressful!! :eek:

hello, I'm kind of a newbee, so I'm not really accustomed to all the pre-vet jargon around here, so can some please explain what does OOS mean? Sorry I know it's kind of a stupid question.

not at all OOS is out of state IS is in state

:smack: wow that was pretty obvious, thank you so much for bringing me out of the dark on this. :D

anyone hear anything yet????

The website says 3rd week of January...so I'm guessing the week after next. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! :luck:

I have a huge feeling that January is going to go by REALLY slowly. . . .

Academic Affairs had to up and move all their furniture/files/offices to another room for a week to paint and make repairs to their offices this week, so I suspect things may be a bit delayed this year. Of course, this is pure conjecture on my part and perhaps Joyce is totally on top of it, I don't know anything or have any insights, I promise. Just warning you so you don't explode if you don't hear from them as early as last year, etc.

Check your email!!!!!!!! I am bouncing off the walls!! Now I have to hope I can contain myself all the way until February..........

I am OOS and have heard nothing at all yet. This whole process has become very discouraging :(

I am OOS and have heard nothing at all yet. This whole process has become very discouraging :(

Don't worry too much yet . . They are holding interviews for OOS students in the second week of February so the OOS invites might go out a bit later. Also with my corresepondence with Joyce Masse, I have always received her emails 4-6 hours after she sends them out . . not sure if this is just my email system or not.

I'm IS and have heard nothing. I don't know if I can handle 2 rejections in one week - especially since they are not only my top two, but the last two I have applied to.

Just got my interview invitation! I'm IS MD so be checking your email!

ahh i'm IS MD and haven't gotten an e-mail yet either!! I want to know!!! Congrats for everyone who has gotten one already!!! :):xf:

the OOS interviews are the 2nd weekend in feb?
Crap, I just emailed Minnesota saying that my first choice interview weekend was that same weekend.

Think I can just change it with Minnesota? or would that be flaky?

the OOS interviews are the 2nd weekend in feb?
Crap, I just emailed Minnesota saying that my first choice interview weekend was that same weekend.

Think I can just change it with Minnesota? or would that be flaky?

Yep, they are being held February 9, 10, and 11. Go ahead and changed your interview with MN, I don't think it would be flaky. Just state you had an unforseen schedule conflict, I am sure they will understand.

Are IS interviews over three days as well? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are sending invites for Feb. 5 & 6 later. Right now, I am freeling so discouraged, I am not even stressed.

Are IS interviews over three days as well? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are sending invites for Feb. 5 & 6 later. Right now, I am freeling so discouraged, I am not even stressed.

I am not sure about IS, I just got the OOS information from an email Joyce Masse sent me. Don't be discouraged VEGAN! The day is long . .

Got an e-mail about 45min ago - I got an invite :)

Good luck everyone :luck:

thanks for the info athane!

9, 10, 11 doesn't conflict with minnesota anyway (minnesota is 13-14).

So I guess us OOS peeps should be hearing from them sometime next week via email? :oops:

Good luck to all those that already got interviews!!!!!!!!!!:luck:

A call for an interview??????

holy crap. now i'm gonna be really nervous. . . .

I am OOS and got a call today.

Right after I saw you post this, I checked my phone and I had a message from Joyce! Must call back after I calm down. (I'm OOS, even though DC is smooshed between VA and MD - you can called me "between-state"). :)

Right after I saw you post this, I checked my phone and I had a message from Joyce! Must call back after I calm down. (I'm OOS, even though DC is smooshed between VA and MD - you can called me "between-state"). :)
A true D.C.er! A rare breed indeed. :) :hello:

CONGRATS! That is so mean that DC is considered OOS! Does DC contract with any school?

I am OOS and got a call today.

Congrats to you too (I am assuming it was a good call :))!!!!! I think we have been obsessing on the Ohio thread together - it feels great to get this news :laugh:

Thanks tpad, it was a good call, and congrats to you too! OSU is my top choice so I am really obsessing over that school, but I am willing to give other schools a chance. What a nerve wracking month!! Congrats to OOS interviews. Mine is scheduled on February 9 at 8:40..really early compared to my previous 2:45 interview. lol

A true D.C.er! A rare breed indeed. :) :hello:

Yup! I went to school in DC and stayed after graduation - I love living in the city so much, leaving to go to vet school is sure going to be bittersweet! Are you a DC'er too, VAGirl? Or, based on your screen name alone, from NoVa?

CONGRATS! That is so mean that DC is considered OOS! Does DC contract with any school?

Thanks! And no, much to my dismay, no contracts for DC! As if Taxation without Representation wasn't bad enough ... :rolleyes:

Any other IS'ers out there who didn't receive an invite?

I have a friend who is IS and hasn't heard anything yet. Don't get discouraged!

I called Friday to ask about the status of my app...
And I got an interview invite right then!!!
Oos

Just received my invite for an interview! I am so excited and nervous!

Sorry to everyone who got a rejection. I know they suck. Good luck with your other schools/next year.

To our interviewees: Congrats!
Class of 2011 (2nd year) right here, and I've got to say I love it here (or as much as you can love something that suck away all your free time/sleep ;)) I was IS MD so I interviewed in MD, didn't ever see the school until I'd already been accepted.

Good luck! Relax! Brush up on recent events and just be ready to put your best foot forward. I have to say I really liked my interview people. Even though after leaving the interview I couldn't remember a single word I'd said the entire time, much less the questions they asked... Still a giant blur of "well that was a good answer, that didn't suck, wish I hadn't chugged my water just now and gone into a coughing attack..." :D

Yup! I went to school in DC and stayed after graduation - I love living in the city so much, leaving to go to vet school is sure going to be bittersweet! Are you a DC'er too, VAGirl? Or, based on your screen name alone, from NoVa?

NoVa, born and raised. :) Actually just moved away in August.

So. . .I am trying to make travel arrangements for the interview
Coming from Fort Lauderdale, FL
for those that know the area, what's the best way to come in, economically?
I saw that there are cheap flights to DC and to Richmond, all the flights from here to Roanoke are in the $400 range already :eek:

Which airport would be the best to fly in to, then I'll just rent a car and drive to the campus. (distance?)

thanks!