Volunteer Activity Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruins2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been volunteering during my old high school's teacher workdays since I was a rising freshman in high school. I have continued to do this, and even though it is not a weekly thing (usually 20 hrs at the beginning of the year, 5 after christmas and 20 hrs at the end of the school year), could I still put this on my resume? If not, no big deal because I enjoy doing it, but if I can, that would be really great. Advice??? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sure. If you're doing it in college, it's fair game, and you can say that it's been going on for however many years. Go for it.

I think any type of activity you invested time in and is valuable to you should go on resume..I mean, they do say they want to see different aspects of you, right? go for it! best luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i suppose its a good experience, but i dont know if you should use an activity slot for it. its < 1 hour per week. you could definitely mention it on secondaries, though

Thanks so much for the help. I was going to group all of my non-medical experiences together, so I won't be using an entire slot for this experience.

AMCAS wants to see high school activities that you continued to do throughout college. In that case, you should put it down