Volunteer Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was putting in some of volunteering work that I've done in that past several years in my extracurriculars section and noticed that it said no "high school activities". Does that mean anything related to our high school (such as clubs, etc) and/or any volunteering events that occurred during my high school tenure?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about adding any high school stuff unless it's a really incredible activity like creating a nonprofit organization that raised a ton of money or travelling internationally to volunteer - I can't come up with great examples, but don't include team sports or working at the soup kitchen or anything.

Extracurriculars are a small part of the application, so I'm sure your college activities are just fine.

do not including anything that happened during high school.

Yep, I wouldn't include high school unless it was a continuous activity that you kept doing through college and beyond (and even then I might only count the hours and list years that are after high school)