Volunteer Hours

Started by PrePTguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePTguy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently volunteering at a nursing home in a PT setting and in an outpatient hospital setting. The thing is, I already did outpatient in 2014 and I am currently reusing my inpatient hours. I want to include new outpatient hours so that both inpatient and outpatient are used and would like to know if redoing outpatient hours and not reusing them would be fine. I just don't want to reuse both of them and instead just reuse one of them. I have a slight worry because back in 2014 on PTCAS I stated I did these outpatient hours and I don't want it to look negatively if I am redoing a setting. I of course plan to volunteer elsewhere but would like an opinion.
 
What do you mean you aren't reusing them? Why wouldn't you just list all of your experiences on your next PTCAS app?

PTCAS won't pull that sort of info forward from a previous app cycle.
 
...use all hours that you have acquired. Even if you put them on an old PTCAS if you are filling out a new one put them on there. If you got new hours put those on there as well even if they are both in outpatient or inpatient.