Vote for President

Started by BLADEMDA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vote for President

  • Hillary Clinton

    Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

    Votes: 138 47.9%

  • Total voters
    288
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In Portland, an anti-Trump supporter destroys property, pushes down a woman trying to stop him, other anti-Trump supporters try to stop him, then the anti-Trump supporters turn against other anti-Trump supporters.

So you have news of violence, I have news of violence on the other side... what's the point here? Don't pretend Trump supporters are all buddhist monks.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc...-against-trump-sign-report.html?client=safari
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Likewise, thank you for "keeping it fair and balanced" Trump supporter.
I'm not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. I didn't want him to be the President. And I've actually criticized Trump in past posts in this very thread. In fact, I criticized Trump in a previous conversation with you yesterday!

You're just emoting. Emotionally reacting. Not using your brain.
 
I'm not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. I didn't want him to be the President. And I've actually criticized Trump in past posts in this very thread. In fact, I criticized Trump in a previous conversation with you yesterday!

You're just emoting. Emotionally reacting. Not using your brain.

Dude, you defend him anytime anybody says something bad about him. He won, it's okay, don't deny it any longer!
 
Serbian ultra-nationalists celebrate Trump's victory
https://boingboing.net/2016/11/11/serbian-ultra-nationalists-cel.html

Trump_as_Macedonian_crusader-1.jpg
Brah, do you even Deus vult?
 
Dude, you defend him anytime anybody says something bad about him. He won, it's okay, don't deny it any longer!
He's in his twenties and he's rationalizing. How else can one maintain respect for one's Trumpist family? 🙂

I remember when some of my relatives voted for somebody similar. I still don't care a lot about their opinions about anything, 15 years later.
 
He's not. His family is, so instead of educating his family, he's educating us. 🙂
He's in his twenties and he's rationalizing. How else can one maintain respect for one's Trumpist family. 🙂

I remember when some of my relatives voted for somebody similar. I still don't care a lot about their opinions about anything, 15 years later.
My "family" supports Trump? Where did I say that?

Besides, even if my family does support Trump (my immediate family does not, and actually most of them supported Hillary and Bernie), what does that have to do with me?

FFP, I try to respect you, but stuff like this is low. You know better, or you should, yet you argue in bad faith.
Dude, you defend him anytime anybody says something bad about him. He won, it's okay, don't deny it any longer!
I defend Trump? Have you seen my post history? I defend him if there's a bad argument against him, just like I defend Hillary or Bernie if there's a bad argument against her or him. And for the record I actually like Bernie a lot, definitely over Hillary. I've criticized Trump and Hillary a lot too. But maybe FFP can dig all this up for you because he apparently likes doing that.
 
My "family" supports Trump? Where did I say that?

Besides, even if my family does support Trump (my immediate family does not, and actually most of them supported Hillary and Bernie), what does that have to do with me?

FFP, I try to respect you, but stuff like this is low. You know better, or you should, yet you argue in bad faith.
I am just trying to rationalize your rationalization. I just don't get it. Suddenly you are the great defender of Trumpism on the forum. That's all.

Never mind. I really should stop posting here, and wean myself off this endogenous dopamine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to clear up the Portland violence, before taking a break:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-anti-trump-demonstrations-sweep-u-s-cities/


Pete Simpson, a spokesman for the Portland police, said these anarchists “aligned with the black bloc groups” infiltrated peaceful demonstrations “covered head-to-toe and carrying weapons.”

“Their tactic is go out and destroy property,” Simpson said. He noted that while peaceful demonstrators tried to stop the violence, they were “not having any luck.”

imrs.php

A demonstrator sets a fire in Portland on Thursday night. (William Gagan/Reuters)

These “black bloc” groups rely on a tactic of wearing masks to cover their faces and dressing in black so they can identify each other, said David Gomez, a former senior FBI counterterrorism official in Seattle, a city that has seen high-profile issues with such groups.

“What they’re doing is they’re taking advantage of the legitimate protesters to destroy things and emphasize their anarchist roots,” Gomez said. “So you’re not going to see them at a tea party protest, except maybe as counter-protesters. But you will see them where you have very progressive political movements, [like] Seattle and Portland.”
 
I am just trying to rationalize your rationalization. I just don't get it. Suddenly you are the great defender of Trumpism on the forum. That's all.

Never mind. I really should stop posting here, and wean myself off this endogenous dopamine.
That's your faux narrative about me. You say I'm "the greater defender of Trumpism" in the face of all my criticisms of Trump. Such as the fact that I said (two or three times) that he's an opportunist and I think in some respects being an opportunist is actually worse than being a racist because they're manipulating race for personal gain. Racism is immoral, but opportunism in my view alternates between amorality and immorality.

I even said that to @RadOncDoc21 but he's too emotionally invested in Hillary to think clearly. He's clearly upset and angry about Hillary's loss or Trump's win despite his protestations to the contrary.

Besides, some of most vocal people in this thread have been quite vocal for Hillary, so when I try to bring some balance back to the Force, they shout me down. Not too dissimilar from the anti-Trump supporters protesting "He's not my President!"
 
That's your faux narrative about me. You say I'm "the greater defender of Trumpism" in the face of all my criticisms of Trump. Such as the fact that I said (two or three times) that he's an opportunist and I think in some respects being an opportunist is actually worse than being a racist because they're manipulating race for personal gain. Racism is immoral, but opportunism is in my view alternates between amorality and immorality.

I even said that to @RadOncDoc21 but he's too emotionally invested in Hillary to think clearly. He's clearly upset and angry about Hillary's loss or Trump's win despite his protestations to the contrary.

Besides, some of most vocal people in this thread have been quite vocal for Hillary, so when I try to bring some balance back to the Force, they shout me down. Not too dissimilar from the anti-Trump supporters protesting "He's not my President!"

Your "faux narrative" about me is also incorrect. You judge and have biases just like everybody else. Not sure why being called a Trump supporter is so bad but just be ready for a counter argument when somebody challenges you.

Is it because I'm a minority that I have to be "angry or upset?"
 
Your "faux narrative" about me is also incorrect. You judge and have biases just like everybody else. Not sure why being called a Trump supporter is so bad but just be ready for a counter argument when somebody challenges you.

Is it because I'm a minority that I have to be "angry or upset?"
I never said I didn't have biases, and I never said biases were necessarily wrong. Nor did I ever say there's anything necessarily wrong with being a Trump supporter. And there's also nothing necessarily wrong with judging something to see if it's right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable, ethical or unethical. And finally I certainly never said or suggested anything about you being a minority and thus being "angry and upset". There's just no connection between the two, though for whatever reason you're attempting to make one. So every single one of your criticisms above falls flat.
 
I never said I didn't have biases, and I never said biases were necessarily wrong. Nor did I ever say there's anything wrong with being a Trump supporter. And there's also nothing wrong with judging something to see if it's right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable, ethical or unethical. And finally I certainly never said or suggested anything about you being a minority and thus being "angry and upset". There's just no connection between the two, though for whatever reason you're attempting to make one. So every single one of your criticisms above falls flat.

So what are you saying? I'm confused.
 
Oh yeah he definitely can do that :nod:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
Says the person who said stuff like:
The last time I checked this was an internet forum where you get to piss off people without being lectured by someone like you [i.e., @pgg ], so, if that's not the case anymore then feel free to ban me!
You are still making that freaking noise... SHUT UP!
WTF... how many times do I need to tell you to shut up?
Shut the **** up! is that too difficult? Why don't you go and study maybe one day you will have a shot at being a half ass doctor?
Is Shut up such a difficult instruction to understand ?
Man ... just stop typing.. that's what shut the **** up means... you had ample opportunity to act like an adult but u kept asking to be slapped.. so SHUT THE **** UP!
Yes ... so you know how good it feels when you SHUT THE **** UP... now do it!
So you are in Australia... they have good doctors there, why did they let you in? You must have lied on your CV!
Good... finally you will shut the **** up !
I think guys like you need to shut the **** up!
Now what the **** does that mean??? are you saying you are so tough than no one would shut you up in real life?
I admittedly and regrettably sunk to @Planktonmd's level, but then I did say:
Fair enough. And I apologize to everyone here for my part in all this. I'll stop now.

All the best to everyone including @Planktonmd who I actually do sincerely wish well. 🙂
 
Last edited:
So already today Trump is backtracking on the repeal of Obamacare. Who wants to bet he and the GOP create a new law that's sole purpose will be to privatize medicaide/Medicare and enrich the insurance industry?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Midterm elections in 2018 are the only hope for damage control.

What if dems disguised themselves as republicans, that way the voters would be forced to listen to their policies. During the campaign just say things like "make America great again," promise to build a wall and get all jobs back then once elected...
 
The ACA itself is a huge kickback to the insurance boys. Higher premiums and higher duductibles. What's not to like??
 
I'm surprised by all the Bernie supporters and social progressives here. I've never seen 1 government entity that ran smoothly or efficiently. VA, DMV, public education (admin level), courts, PD/FD, military - nope, nope, nope. All bastions of waste, inefficiency, beurocracy, and ineffectiveness. Surprised so many here want more government in their lives. Come to CA, see what I mean.

PS, not a trump supporter or a right wing wacko. Would love to at least 3 more parties at the national level.
 
I'm surprised by all the Bernie supporters and social progressives here. I've never seen 1 government entity that ran smoothly or efficiently. VA, DMV, public education (admin level), courts, PD/FD, military - nope, nope, nope. All bastions of waste, inefficiency, beurocracy, and ineffectiveness. Surprised so many here want more government in their lives. Come to CA, see what I mean.

PS, not a trump supporter or a right wing wacko. Would love to at least 3 more parties at the national level.

Yup. Very socialist, however good hearted. Probably the most honest of the bunch.
 
I'm surprised by all the Bernie supporters and social progressives here. I've never seen 1 government entity that ran smoothly or efficiently. VA, DMV, public education (admin level), courts, PD/FD, military - nope, nope, nope. All bastions of waste, inefficiency, beurocracy, and ineffectiveness. Surprised so many here want more government in their lives. Come to CA, see what I mean.

PS, not a trump supporter or a right wing wacko. Would love to at least 3 more parties at the national level.

Hey man don't rain on my parade about Bernie! He is that feeling I get when I think about old school cartoons. Unfortunately, when you watch them again, you realize the cartoons were not as good as you remember but I will still take that these days.

Bottom line, he said the right things and although I cringe thinking about taxes, I knew he wasn't the typical politician.
 
What if dems disguised themselves as republicans, that way the voters would be forced to listen to their policies. During the campaign just say things like "make America great again," promise to build a wall and get all jobs back then once elected...
Too late. Trump is already a Democrat who disguised himself as a Republican! 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mom was asking me why Americans could not field a better candidate than Trump?
Me: I dont know. It was killary or trump. These are the cards that we were dealt with. Any way my vote doesnt count. Its a sham because the voting machines that count are all rigged.
Mom. Ok i dont understand. Why is trump famous?
Me: He is a self made billionaire. Thats what he claims. He cannot count.
Mom: How did he become rich?
Me: In America if you take a little loan and dont pay it back then the banks send goons after you. If you borrow millions and cannot pay back the banks come crawling back and want to give a better deal. In other words its not trumps problem anymore its the banks problem
Mom: i dont believe anything you are saying, because it looks like a fairy tale.
What is he going to do, anything like oboma?
Me: Trump is the king of bankruptcy. He even bankrupted a casino and ran as fast as he could with that money
Mom: really. You have become crazy after living in america. Why will a casino become bankrupt. Did the people give up the gambling?
Me: no people still come and gamble. But the paper currency that they gamble with has no intrinsic value. Its called fiat currency. And the currency markets are the biggest casinos out there. Casinos are loosing money on food and operating costs
Mom: what do you mean paper currency has no value. Then why are all these people going to work?
Me: They probably havent figured the con out. They have to work2-3 jobs to make ends meet. There is no purchasing power
Mom: ok. Then why did you vote for this guy
Me: i am bored with anesthesia, i want some live comedy and trump will surely provide that.
Mom. You are crazier by the hour.
 
My mom was asking me why Americans could not field a better candidate than Trump?
Me: I dont know. It was killary or trump. These are the cards that we were dealt with. Any way my vote doesnt count. Its a sham because the voting machines that count are all rigged.
Mom. Ok i dont understand. Why is trump famous?
Me: He is a self made billionaire. Thats what he claims. He cannot count.
Mom: How did he become rich?
Me: In America if you take a little loan and dont pay it back then the banks send goons after you. If you borrow millions and cannot pay back the banks come crawling back and want to give a better deal. In other words its not trumps problem anymore its the banks problem
Mom: i dont believe anything you are saying, because it looks like a fairy tale.
What is he going to do, anything like oboma?
Me: Trump is the king of bankruptcy. He even bankrupted a casino and ran as fast as he could with that money
Mom: really. You have become crazy after living in america. Why will a casino become bankrupt. Did the people give up the gambling?
Me: no people still come and gamble. But the paper currency that they gamble with has no intrinsic value. Its called fiat currency. And the currency markets are the biggest casinos out there. Casinos are loosing money on food and operating costs
Mom: what do you mean paper currency has no value. Then why are all these people going to work?
Me: They probably havent figured the con out. They have to work2-3 jobs to make ends meet. There is no purchasing power
Mom: ok. Then why did you vote for this guy
Me: i am bored with anesthesia, i want some live comedy and trump will surely provide that.
Mom. You are crazier by the hour.
🙂
 
I'm surprised by all the Bernie supporters and social progressives here. I've never seen 1 government entity that ran smoothly or efficiently. VA, DMV, public education (admin level), courts, PD/FD, military - nope, nope, nope. All bastions of waste, inefficiency, beurocracy, and ineffectiveness. Surprised so many here want more government in their lives. Come to CA, see what I mean.

PS, not a trump supporter or a right wing wacko. Would love to at least 3 more parties at the national level.

So it's better to have to lobbyists and special interest groups run the country? Some revolution of the people this is going to turn out to be. 🙄

http://qz.com/834333/donald-trumps-transition-team-is-assembling-like-a-super-lobbyist-voltron/

In 4 years we are going to have an even more pissed electorate when the economic gap turns into a gaping chasm.
 
No one wants to live in a socialist commune or have the government run everything. That is not what people were angry about in this election. What people want is equal voice and equal representation in our government. The way our system works now, the only ones who have a voice are those that can pay for that voice. It feels like the government exists solely to make the rich even richer at the expense of the middle and working class in this country. The system does feel rigged. That is what people are angry about. People supported Bernie Sanders because he promised to fight corporate interests and Wall Street, not because he wanted to run everyone's life.
 
No one wants to live in a socialist commune or have the government run everything. That is not what people were angry about in this election. What people want is equal voice and equal representation in our government. The way our system works now, the only ones who have a voice are those that can pay for that voice. It feels like the government exists solely to make the rich even richer at the expense of the middle and working class in this country. The system does feel rigged. That is what people are angry about. People supported Bernie Sanders because he promised to fight corporate interests and Wall Street, not because he wanted to run everyone's life.

Look on the bright side, at least now we are all included in the greatest realty show ever!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.