VR - Passage length ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waterboobies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for ones who have already taken the real MCAT...
How are real MCAT VR passages compare to kaplan's VR in length or EK..
the Kaplan's VR are extremely long i think.. it takes 5-6mins just to read the passages..
any help would be great!!!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question for ones who have already taken the real MCAT...
How are real MCAT VR passages compare to kaplan's VR in length or EK..
the Kaplan's VR are extremely long i think.. it takes 5-6mins just to read the passages..
any help would be great!!!
Thanks

I haven't done any of Kaplan's VR, but I did do EK's VR. Unfortunately, all I can tell you is that compared to the AAMC practice MCAT VR passages, the real MCAT (that I took in June) definitely had longer passages. I saw others thought the same thing who took it in May.

I didn't run out of time on the real thing, but it's good to keep the greater length in mind so that it doesn't surprise you or take the wind out of your sails when you find longer passages on the real thing than you expected. The best thing that you can do is just practice your speed so that you can read VR passages as quickly as you can, and yet still get the gist. Also, be sure to be able to move onto the next question. If you come across one that seems to ask for more detailed information that would require going back to the passage to search for details, don't spend to long on that one question, and if you need to, make an educated guess and mark it to come back to if you have time. That's how I worked it, and I think I did well (but won't really know until my score comes out). My practice MCAT VR scores were 10-12.