This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCSF is sending out offers

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a friend rejected for both July and August at Maricopa today. Apparently both of those months are full now.

For anyone interested in Maine Medical Center I emailed them today and they denied me for July, saying it's full. Still holding out hope for August.
UVA is also currently booked for July-August, offered spot for September

Reactions: 1 user
Kansas (the one in Kansas not the one in Missouri) is sending offers too.

And UVA making offers for September today allegedly.

Has anyone received any rejections from Rush? I applied the first day it came out and still have not heard anything.

Has anyone received any rejections from Rush? I applied the first day it came out and still have not heard anything.
Did you apply on VSAS or on their website? Cos I think you have to do their own online application first, then when you get accepted they tell you to do VSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
@CellPowerhouse you’re applying EM? I remember when you and me were applying to med school and blowing up the school specific threads way back in the day.

Crazy that it’s almost been 4 years.

Anyone hear back from any of the Chicago programs yet aside from cook county and rush?

christ is full through end of october, UIC was still reviewing applications as of last week

Has Cook County Chicago replied to anyone? And do wait lists for most programs usually move?

Has Cook County Chicago replied to anyone? And do wait lists for most programs usually move?

Cook has given out offers for July and August, not sure about other months

Should I just assume I got rejected then? Or do they send formal rejections?

I wouldn't assume you're rejected just yet, I know someone who got accepted a week or two after others did. I'm not sure if they do formal rejections though

Also is it worth doing an audition in Nov. to Dec.? Its at a location I would want to be at, but its interview season and I don't want to look bad asking for days off.

If we are accepted for a month, would it generally be considered rude to email and see if we can switch to a different month?

About how long do you all wait before calling the coordinators at these programs?

I’m wondering if a call 2 weeks after application is too early to inquire about app status.

Trying to walk that infinitely fine line between interested and annoying.

Reactions: 1 users
0 acceptances so far. Panicked last night and applied to more programs. This is a fun game.

edit: got 1 for July. Concerned because 1) the program has a history of losing its EM residency and 2) because of that, unsure if they'll be able to write a SLOE

Last edited:
UNM offers are out. might be late on this post.

Einstein Philly has made at least some offers.

I don't know anyone applying to UNM, but I'm pretty sure they've taken DOs for residency before?

I guess...it's better than nothing? I figure if they've taken one or two they won't totally pass us over for being DOs but what do I know.

For sure! Even one DO is encouraging to see.

IDK to be honest, we don't use VSAS, but I think in general, its always best to be honest. Shooting an email to the coordinator saying you are already booked at another site and wanted to remove yourself from the queue to allow another student to get scheduled, but remain highly interested and plan to apply to their program seems like the reasonable thing to do.