W with an Excuse your final year?

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    So I'm going to drop my Dev Bio/ Embryology class because I don't need it for my major and because the class being comparative and the professor monotone isn't doing it. I'll still be full time, and thanks to it I'll be given more time to retake the mcat.
    What do you think? Should I push through it and potentially get a B but have a minor easier time in Embryo in MS? Or should I drop it get As in all my other classes and spend the time I would have dedicated trying to get a good mcat score?

Opinions? I'll probably end up with a B admittedly because the course is beyond me half the time and not interactive.

calvinhobbes

Attending Physician and Preceptor
    15+ Year Member
    May 24, 2006
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Don't sweat it. My last semester of college I took a Marine Pollution Biology class for fun, but ended up absolutely loathing it. I dropped it, got my W. I never looked back, and am now in med school.

Suffering through the class and getting a potential B or worse is not worth it. If the issue ever comes up, just say that you didn't need the class but instead wanted to spend your time doing something else productive like research, volunteering, etc.

Oh, and remember...MCAT, MCAT, MCAT! No one will care about your W. But a low MCAT score will not do you any favors. Absolutely drop this class if you don't need it and if it is interfering with your MCAT studying.

Good luck!

About the Ads

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        Quit fussing. In my 10+ years of doing interviews, I've never seen someone asked about any withdrawals.

So I'm going to drop my Dev Bio/ Embryology class because I don't need it for my major and because the class being comparative and the professor monotone isn't doing it. I'll still be full time, and thanks to it I'll be given more time to retake the mcat.
        What do you think? Should I push through it and potentially get a B but have a minor easier time in Embryo in MS? Or should I drop it get As in all my other classes and spend the time I would have dedicated trying to get a good mcat score?

Opinions? I'll probably end up with a B admittedly because the course is beyond me half the time and not interactive.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.