Program-Specific Info / Q's Waiting for OT School response! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNick92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for Chicago State University's OT program. I already had my interview back in February and I am anxiously waiting back for the news! Is there anyone else waiting back for a response or does anyone care to share their application process experience? I'm wondering should I give them a call to check in on my status. Just so nervous and excited at the same time lol. :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Did they give you a timeline for when you should hear from them?

Did they give you a timeline for when you should hear from them?
They said the end of April. I got a little nervous because someone I know just got their acceptance there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst OT school EVER!!!! Abort! Abort! Run away. There is anger here towards that school. But bear in mind, I am also currently
in the program at a school in New England.
I am a former insider in that program and I am here to tell you that there is a wholesale lack of ethics
and basic decency that runs rampant in the school. They are there own corrupt little village.
Their M.O. is to over book the co hort and start right away to run the entire group ragged by giving
an overload of assignments that are not relavant to the practice of occupational therapy.
Through these fear tactics, they are able to play the cliques that form against each other. Divide and conquer.
At the end of the first semester they have a tradition called the " pulling of the weeds". This is the process that they REALLY use to determine their
cohort size. Out of the first semester class of 32 usually 15 people get to stay. The the other 17
are "asked to leave". but only after you've SPENT THE MONEY,which is not refundable. Those are the weeds that have been pulled.

There are FAR superior programs in Chicago that treat their students like students
instead of a source of income to fund their other programs. Apply at those programs.
Also if you don't mind applying out of state, try Eastern Michigan University. This is
a vastly over looked program which excels in every way. I also suggest you apply
at UIC.

Remember, If you screw up at CSU, they will go out of their way to mess up your life for a very long time after.
Save yourself the wasted money and the headache and apply at a REAL OT school.
If you DO get in and end up going, make as little contact with admin as you can.
If you have any personal issues or problems NEVER EVER DISCUSS WITH ANY ONE
AT THE SCHOOL. THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED. I have a disability and they used it
to CRUCIFY ME.
Bear in mind, I am also currently
at another program in New England. At the meeting
when they "let me go" they were unusually cruel and sarcastic with me. I remained polite
even though they said some things that violate the OT code of ethics.

OT code of ethics
Veracity : They lie every year to the whole class about weeding out.
Beneficence: they violate that by taking money from people they don't believe will finish.
Non maleficence: Refused to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Fidelity: They stab 15-20 students in the back each year. That is NOT fidelity to your future
colleagues.

Justice: I reapplied and was interviewed. During the second interview, I was told I would
not get back in and the interviewer raised her voice to my and tried to bait me into an argument.

Save yourself time and heartache. Find a legitimate OT program without an inferiority complex.

I applied for Chicago State University's OT program. I already had my interview back in February and I am anxiously waiting back for the news! Is there anyone else waiting back for a response or does anyone care to share their application process experience? I'm wondering should I give them a call to check in on my status. Just so nervous and excited at the same time lol. :nailbiting:
Hey I had my interview March 17th and I'm still waiting to hear back as well. I'm starting to get really impatient too because they told me I'd hear back by mid April. Do you know how they will be contacting us if accepted?

Haha I hate the torture! How did they notify you?
I didn't apply to Chicago State but if you're accepted I assume they'd call you like most other program. Rejections are emails but we won't think about that part.

Hey I had my interview March 17th and I'm still waiting to hear back as well. I'm starting to get really impatient too because they told me I'd hear back by mid April. Do you know how they will be contacting us if accepted?
Update! I got accepted into the program a few days ago. I recieved acceptance via email. One of my classmates is still waiting as well and she was told that they are still making final decisions. Good luck!

I didn't apply to Chicago State but if you're accepted I assume they'd call you like most other program. Rejections are emails but we won't think about that part.
I got accepted via email. Actually a lot of people I know have been getting email acceptance lately and go to the school to do paperwork..maybe it cuts back on paper in the mail and saves a stamp lol