This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful1083

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know I'm not the only one, but I wanted to find out if anyone else has previously experienced this...
I applied to 14 PT schools with 9 rejections, but still waiting on 5 others (Arcadia, Neumann, Misericordia, Alvernia, and Lebanon Valley). I understand most schools do acceptances and rejections in waves (since my last rejection came well over a month ago). I haven't received any information such as being waitlisted or an interview. I'm well aware that these decisions will be arriving within the next month, but I wanted to know if anyone waited this long without hearing a single word but they ended up still being accepted or is it just wishful thinking?

Thank you for a response in advance and good luck to those who are still waiting on a response!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I applied to about 6 programs, and the denials slowly came in starting from January and my last one being towards the end of March. However, this is all from personal experience. A PT I've worked said he received an interview from a program late Feb, and was accepted in March. Just to somewhat ease your mind I haven't from Arcadia either, but judging from previous posts from 2010-13 it seems that they're pretty late with acceptances/denials.

Just to be safe, and thinking about it logically, I would start to prepare how you would better your application for the next cycle starting by the end March if you haven't heard back. If you think you need to improve grades, then I would think about taking summer sessions, as I believe it's already too late to start a spring semester. If your grades are solid I would try to improve your GREs to a 300+ (min 150 in each respective score) and a 4.5 in AW. When I re-took them I was told no more/less than a month, just so that you have the time to study but not psych yourself out.

Be hopeful, it's not over until you hear back from all your schools!

This is my first time applying to PT school and I applied to 10 programs. I've been rejected from 6, waitlisted at 2, and still have 2 to hear back from. As the last 2 only do interviews through February, I'm taking my lack of responses as rejections. With that said, I've already planned to retake one pre-requisite class during Summer quarter at a local CC (quarter begins the last week of March). Although both of the schools I've been waitlisted at state my status could change from waitlisted to accepted at any point up until the start of the program, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. So I'm just going to start working on improving my application for next years cycle. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I know I'm not the only one, but I wanted to find out if anyone else has previously experienced this...
I applied to 14 PT schools with 9 rejections, but still waiting on 5 others (Arcadia, Neumann, Misericordia, Alvernia, and Lebanon Valley). I understand most schools do acceptances and rejections in waves (since my last rejection came well over a month ago). I haven't received any information such as being waitlisted or an interview. I'm well aware that these decisions will be arriving within the next month, but I wanted to know if anyone waited this long without hearing a single word but they ended up still being accepted or is it just wishful thinking?

Thank you for a response in advance and good luck to those who are still waiting on a response!
I applied to alvernia and Lebanon valley as well. I think alverni may take a while because the deadline was February 15th and I don't think they do rolling admissions. As for Lebanon valley, I called the office and they said by march 1st we should have a decision by mail. I've been rejected by 8/12 of the schools I've applied to so I'm kind of feeling a bit discouraged.

if it makes you feel any better i received a rejection from arcadia so maybe no news is good news

if it makes you feel any better i received a rejection from arcadia so maybe no news is good news
I also got a rejection letter from Arcadia this weekend. Told me I needed to improved my GRE scores since my verbal and quantitative scores were essentially average. I'm down to 4 schools. Hopefully at least 1 school will accept you... Good luck!

I also got a rejection letter from Arcadia this weekend. Told me I needed to improved my GRE scores since my verbal and quantitative scores were essentially average. I'm down to 4 schools. Hopefully at least 1 school will accept you... Good luck!
I was rejected for the same reason :/..Goodluck to you too! hope everything works out for you

I was accepted at Neumann in December.. I submitted my deposit but go into a in state school in NY so ill be declining my seat...hopefully it opens up for you

Did you receive a letter or email?

I applied to many of the same schools. I was accepted to Neumann at the beginning of January (a week after I interviewed), initially waitlisted at Arcadia then accepted about a week later, and I'm still waiting on Alvernia. I plan to withdraw my seat from Neumann, so that will be another spot opening up!

For anyone who hasn't heard from Arcadia yet, don't be discouraged. They require a hefty deposit pretty rapidly after acceptance, and they move on to the next one the quickly after it's not paid.