how much should waiting for waitlist movement affect summer travel, especially in terms of finding housing and financial aid? i've just been waitlisted at my first-choice school, but i'm trying to decide if i should go ahead and buy a plane ticket to thailand... thing is, for low-season airfare, i'd have to leave mid-may and i'd be returning mid-june... i'm trying to decide if my trip is worth a.) the anxiety of not knowing for sure where i'll be heading in august, b.) missing out on getting 'early' dibs on off-campus housing if i am accepted (the school doesn't have its own housing), and c.)possibly missing any response deadlines... should i scrap my trip plans? what would you do?