This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor-who

UC Davis c/o 2024
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this off as a continuation of last year's thread so we can post where we're waitlisted, what number rank we are, and what schools we have yet to hear from. And to update each other when people start getting pulled off the waitlist!

I'm an alternate at Western (no number rank) and still have yet to hear from UW Madison.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m on the waitlist for Oregon and Cornell. Both unranked!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at Western (unranked)!
If it helps, I know a lot of people (like, a dozen or so) personally who got into western who are accepting offers elsewhere. Western doesn’t even begin to give offers to waitlisted students until after all accepted students at every other school would’ve accepted their offers. So odds are, there are tons of people who have been either accepted or waitlisted at western who will be withdrawing their applications to go elsewhere. There have been years in the past where almost everyone on the waitlist got an offer in the months leading up to matriculation. I wouldn’t worry too much.

Reactions: 1 users
If it helps, I know a lot of people (like, a dozen or so) personally who got into western who are accepting offers elsewhere. Western doesn’t even begin to give offers to waitlisted students until after all accepted students at every other school would’ve accepted their offers. So odds are, there are tons of people who have been either accepted or waitlisted at western who will be withdrawing their applications to go elsewhere. There have been years in the past where almost everyone on the waitlist got an offer in the months leading up to matriculation. I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’m definitely trying to keep my hopes up! Waiting until April (or after) feels so far away though lol. I have another offer, but Western is definitely my top choice, so we’ll see what happens!

I’m definitely trying to keep my hopes up! Waiting until April (or after) feels so far away though lol. I have another offer, but Western is definitely my top choice, so we’ll see what happens!

Worst case scenario, accept the offer at the other school if you want to go, and forfeit your deposit if you get into western. Either way you know you’re going to vet school.

Reactions: 3 users
Worst case scenario, accept the offer at the other school if you want to go, and forfeit your deposit if you get into western. Either way you know you’re going to vet school.

Yep, that’s what I’m planning on doing. I’ll be happy wherever I end up this fall :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have been waitlisted at Kansas, Western and LSU (ranked #46) and I am still waiting to hear from LMU and I have 2 interviews at Illinois and Minnesota later this month. Previously in this thread people have talked about the likelihood of being pulled off of Westerns waitlist but I was wondering if anyone knows about Kansas and LSU? When I visit Kansas I loved it so much and I was super confident about my interview so I was pretty disappointed when I was placed as an alternate. I guess I want to see if anyone knows my chances of being pulled off the waitlist at either school.

Waitlisted at Kansas after interview and waitlist to interview at Midwestern (which by now I assume is a rejection).

I have been waitlisted at Kansas, Western and LSU (ranked #46) and I am still waiting to hear from LMU and I have 2 interviews at Illinois and Minnesota later this month. Previously in this thread people have talked about the likelihood of being pulled off of Westerns waitlist but I was wondering if anyone knows about Kansas and LSU? When I visit Kansas I loved it so much and I was super confident about my interview so I was pretty disappointed when I was placed as an alternate. I guess I want to see if anyone knows my chances of being pulled off the waitlist at either school.
Hey! I was around number 70 on the LSU waitlist and I ended up getting an offer towards the end of April. Good luck!

Thanks for this! However, I'm super worried because according to last year's thread, Western over-accepted so many people that they only ended up pulling like 6 people off the waitlist. That's terrifying! And I see from the Wisconsin thread that they've started releasing decisions. I'm kind of a mess right now!

Thanks for this! However, I'm super worried because according to last year's thread, Western over-accepted so many people that they only ended up pulling like 6 people off the waitlist. That's terrifying! And I see from the Wisconsin thread that they've started releasing decisions. I'm kind of a mess right now!

Each year is different I’ve learned that you can’t truly know what this year is going to bring by looking at what happened last year. The only thing that seems to be consistent is when people find out about things. I wouldn’t worry too much. There’s nothing you can do at this point but wait and hope that things work out. If they don’t this year, do what you need to do to have everything work out next year. Things change, and the applicant pool is always different.

Waitlisted at Western (unranked) and Davis (#40). I’m definitely not feeling hopeful for Davis because they said they have accepted up to #34 in the past. I only have Wisconsin left to hear back from, and I’m hoping it’s good news.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at Western (unranked) and Davis (#40). I’m definitely not feeling hopeful for Davis because they said they have accepted up to #34 in the past. I only have Wisconsin left to hear back from, and I’m hoping it’s good news.

Congratulations about Davis!!! A waitlist is still an incredible accomplishment. I really hope you get in! Maybe they'll go to 45 this time :) I go to Davis for undergrad right now and I love this tiny college town a lot.

Waitlisted at CSU unranked soooo we will see how that turns out :0

knows about Kansas and LSU? When I visit Kansas I loved it so much and I was super confident about my interview so I was pretty disappointed when I was placed as an alternate.

I was wait listed at K state several years in a row and never got off. I feel you on the disappointment; I loved the school and the fact it was 7 hours from home. But the chances are so different every year, it's hard to gauge.

I was wait listed at K state several years in a row and never got off. I feel you on the disappointment; I loved the school and the fact it was 7 hours from home. But the chances are so different every year, it's hard to gauge.
Thanks for the info. I'll be interviewing at Illinois on the 18th. I hear they have a good elective track for zoo med, which is my main interest right now, so I'm also excited to have an opportunity there as well!

Congratulations about Davis!!! A waitlist is still an incredible accomplishment. I really hope you get in! Maybe they'll go to 45 this time :) I go to Davis for undergrad right now and I love this tiny college town a lot.

I appreciate it! I sure hope we both hear back from UW Madison soon! Seems like people are starting to hear back. Do you have a top choice?

Waitlisted at CSU unranked soooo we will see how that turns out :0

I currently go to CSU (accepted in state!) and before finding out I got in I talked to the pre-vet advisor about the possibility of waitlist and she said for out of state they blast through the waitlist (one time ran out of people!)

I currently go to CSU (accepted in state!) and before finding out I got in I talked to the pre-vet advisor about the possibility of waitlist and she said for out of state they blast through the waitlist (one time ran out of people!)
That’s good to know!! Thank you :)

This layout may be easier to read:

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California:

Colorado State University:

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University:

Louisiana State University:

Michigan State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

Mississippi State University:

University of Missouri:

North Carolina State University:

Ohio State University:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

University of Pennsylvania:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts

Tuskegee University:

Virginia-Maryland Regional College:

Washington State University:
Sharkgirl177,2/6,mail

Western University of Health Sciences:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

University of Calgary (Alberta):

University of Guelph (Ontario):

University of Montreal (Quebec):

University of Prince Edward Island [Atlantic; AVC] (PEI):

University of Saskatchewan [Western] (Saskatchewan):

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England):

University College Dublin (Ireland):

University of Edinburgh (Scotland):

University of Glasgow (Scotland):

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

Massey University (New Zealand):

University of Melbourne (Australia):

Murdoch University (Australia):

University of Queensland (Australia):

University of Sydney (Australia):

THE ISLANDS:

Ross University (St. Kitts):

St. George's University (Grenada):

St. Matthew's University (Cayman Islands)

I appreciate it! I sure hope we both hear back from UW Madison soon! Seems like people are starting to hear back. Do you have a top choice?

I know, it's crazy!! I was rejected from everywhere else I applied except for getting waitlisted at Western too, and UW Madison is the last school I have to hear from. I'm trying not to hold out too much hope for UW Madison because of this rejection trend I seem to have, but I really would love to get in there. If I get in, I'll go in a heartbeat. If I get waitlisted, I'll go to whichever school calls me off first. But oooooh Wisconsin! I hope we both get in! What about you? If you had to choose between Western and Wisconsin, which one would you go with?

I know, it's crazy!! I was rejected from everywhere else I applied except for getting waitlisted at Western too, and UW Madison is the last school I have to hear from. I'm trying not to hold out too much hope for UW Madison because of this rejection trend I seem to have, but I really would love to get in there. If I get in, I'll go in a heartbeat. If I get waitlisted, I'll go to whichever school calls me off first. But oooooh Wisconsin! I hope we both get in! What about you? If you had to choose between Western and Wisconsin, which one would you go with?

I really like Wisconsin, but if I get off of the waitlist for western, I’ll likely choose western since it’s my in-state! Really hoping I’m not going to have to apply again.

I really like Wisconsin, but if I get off of the waitlist for western, I’ll likely choose western since it’s my in-state! Really hoping I’m not going to have to apply again.

Western is my in-state as well, but it's more expensive than Wisconsin so I'm definitely leaning more towards Wisconsin! The amount of self-studying required for Western is also scaring me because of my lack of motivation haha. But, again, whoever calls me first :)

Wow, I was not expecting 2 status emails today....

First time applicant, rejected from Ohio and wait listed for Virginia. Still waiting to hear back from Michigan.

I've been on SDN for the past 3 hours reading up on waitlist c/o 2022 and 2021. Being so obsessive and anxious. Help!!!!

Waitlisted at western and really hoping to get in! Would love to go there

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California:

Colorado State University:

Cornell University:
Cattievet29, via email

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University:

Louisiana State University:

Michigan State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

Mississippi State University:

University of Missouri:

North Carolina State University:

Ohio State University:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

University of Pennsylvania:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts

Tuskegee University:

Virginia-Maryland Regional College:

Washington State University:
Sharkgirl177,2/6,mail

Western University of Health Sciences:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

University of Calgary (Alberta):

University of Guelph (Ontario):

University of Montreal (Quebec):

University of Prince Edward Island [Atlantic; AVC] (PEI):

University of Saskatchewan [Western] (Saskatchewan):

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England):

University College Dublin (Ireland):

University of Edinburgh (Scotland):

University of Glasgow (Scotland):

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

Massey University (New Zealand):

University of Melbourne (Australia):

Murdoch University (Australia):

University of Queensland (Australia):

University of Sydney (Australia):

THE ISLANDS:

Ross University (St. Kitts):

St. George's University (Grenada):

St. Matthew's University (Cayman Islands)

This may sound stupid, but can you accept a school and deny it after the deadline?

Are you eligible to come off the waitlist like right until the first day of class generally or do they "end" at a certain point?

Waitlisted IS at VMCVM and OOS at UW-Madison. Interviewing this weekend at UIUC, and waiting to hear back from from MSU (interviewed in January, told I won’t hear back until after 3/1). I applied to 5 schools, but so far only a firm no from one (Mizzou- not surprised based on the responses here!). Should I still be hopeful, or should I plan on applying to RUSVM/applying again next cycle? My stomach is doing somersaults!

Hello waitlist brethren!! Waitlisted currently at Davis, my instate, at #5. I just got an acceptance at WSU which is really nice, but I'd like to have both options secure so I can start weighing the cost of both options!

Waitlisted IS at VMCVM and OOS at NCSU and Ohio. I'm still waiting to hear back from Florida and Georgia. Trying to hold out faith for VMCVM waitlist because it's my dream school, but I won't know my rank until April 1 :(

Waitlisted IS at VMCVM and OOS at NCSU and Ohio. I'm still waiting to hear back from Florida and Georgia. Trying to hold out faith for VMCVM waitlist because it's my dream school, but I won't know my rank until April 1 :(

I'm in the exact same boat, just different OOS schools! VMCVM is my dream school, and I feel crushed! Are you a MD or VA resident?

I'm in the exact same boat, just different OOS schools! VMCVM is my dream school, and I feel crushed! Are you a MD or VA resident?
I am a MD resident. I thought my interview went well so it was even more crushing to get the alternate email. I know there are about 40 people on the MD waitlist and typically only the top few move off :(

I'm a MD resident, too, and I also thought I did well during my interview! I wonder if it's just a numbers game at this point; maybe they just had more than enough qualified applicants to fill the slots? (I've been tossing ideas around in my head for the past two days.) It's really difficult not knowing where we stand in the alternate pool. I did hear from someone on SDN who was ranked #5 MD IS last year and was pulled from the wait list mid-April. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I'm a MD resident, too, and I also thought I did well during my interview! I wonder if it's just a numbers game at this point; maybe they just had more than enough qualified applicants to fill the slots? (I've been tossing ideas around in my head for the past two days.) It's really difficult not knowing where we stand in the alternate pool. I did hear from someone on SDN who was ranked #5 MD IS last year and was pulled from the wait list mid-April. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Since acceptances are based solely on the interview I think it just comes down to personality and fitting with the class they want to build (still wondering where I went wrong). I just hate the thought of waiting until April to find out more information. Hopefully we hear good news soon!

Waitlisted for Auburn as OOS, waiting to hear from Michigan, UF, and Midwestern. I feel like I'm refreshing my phone every second!

I’m waitlisted at Auburn OOS, accepted at Mizzou, waiting to hear from LMU, Mississippi state and UTK (IS). Auburn is my dream though!

Rejected from 4 of the 6 schools I applied to: Mizzou, Perdue, Minnesota and UW-Madison(IS). Which has me absolutely freaking out! Waitlisted at Iowa and waiting to hear from Michigan State.

Rejected from 4 of the 6 schools I applied to: Mizzou, Perdue, Minnesota and UW-Madison(IS). Which has me absolutely freaking out! Waitlisted at Iowa and waiting to hear from Michigan State.
I can relate, rejected from 4 schools, waitlisted at Iowa, and waiting to hear back from MSU too.

I suppose I should update and say that I've been rejected from UW Madison and now the only hope I have is Western's waitlist. This makes 8 rejections and 1 waitlist. I'm really interested in getting file reviews later in case I have to reapply, but I have a feeling it was just a matter of being very average among brilliant/excellent/extraordinary people. I've been trying not to be sad for these last couple of months, but boy has it been hard. Sorry for complaining, I just kind of wanted to get that out there.

I suppose I should update and say that I've been rejected from UW Madison and now the only hope I have is Western's waitlist. This makes 8 rejections and 1 waitlist. I'm really interested in getting file reviews later in case I have to reapply, but I have a feeling it was just a matter of being very average among brilliant/excellent/extraordinary people. I've been trying not to be sad for these last couple of months, but boy has it been hard. Sorry for complaining, I just kind of wanted to get that out there.

I’m feeling that too. Waiting to hear from LMU currently ..

Hey I’m in a similar boat! Rejected from 1, and waitlisted for the rest. You’re not alone!