Waitlist c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted at Purdue, Georgia, Cornell, and NC State. Thankfully I have one acceptance, but not going to lie.... I feel pretty secondrate at the moment :(
No, no, no. You’ve worked so hard to get here and you’ve been accepted to Tufts!! Your hard work has paid off!! You are going to get a great education regardless of what happens with your waitlists :love:
You wouldn’t have been accepted anywhere (or have been waitlisted) if you were truly mediocre.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted at Purdue, Georgia, Cornell, and NC State. Thankfully I have one acceptance, but not going to lie.... I feel pretty secondrate at the moment :(
One is all it takes, plus waitlist is a huge accomplishment. I was rejected at Tufts and several others but I'm still gonna be a vet!
Completely off topic but I can't help it. Every time I see your avatar I think you're a baby @DVMDream

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
One is all it takes, plus waitlist is a huge accomplishment. I was rejected at Tufts and several others but I'm still gonna be a vet!
Completely off topic but I can't help it. Every time I see your avatar I think you're a baby @DVMDream
That would be an honor... @DVMDream is pretty cool! :D (it's a hint to those who know me irl, since I've been obsessed with HTTYD since I was 14)

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be an honor... @DVMDream is pretty cool! :D (it's a hint to those who know me irl, since I've been obsessed with HTTYD since I was 14)

:)

Anyone who likes How to Train Your Dragon is automatically cool. Though this post does make me feel old as the first How to Train Your Dragon came out when I was 22. :laugh:

Don't worry about the waitlist thing. Seriously. I applied to vet school 3 years in a row and was waitlisted every year. I finally was accepted that third year. I get it, it stings, but if you have an acceptance, put your head up high, you made it! You will be going to vet school! Woot woot!! Besides a waitlist isn't saying "you suck" it is saying "damn you are good, we like you, you are worthy, but we just don't have enough seats and unfortunately when we put all the people we want to accept into the giant pot we have where we randomly pull out acceptances, yours just didn't get pulled out early enough." ;)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
IS alternate for tufts. Anyone know how much that waitlist moves?

Waitlisted at Mississippi State and still haven't heard from LMU. feeling a little discouraged if anyone can offer some advice!
- applied to nine different schools and only interviewed at those two.
- Overall GPA: 3.85 Science GPA: 3.88 Vet Hours: 2,000 hours

Reactions: 1 user
I am also IS waitlisted for Mississippi State. I know of one other person that also got waitlisted and I have a friend who was waitlisted last year and they told her that her rank was 20 and she never got a call. I know the admissions process has completely changed this year so I'm not sure how many of us they waitlisted or how many of us will even get pulled. I'm really really upset tbh.
Yeah I have a friend that was IS waitlisted last year. She was 8th and knew she wouldn’t get a call so she went ahead and got a tech job. My guess is at most 3 would decline. I know one person is declining but not sure if they have already. I just wish they would tell us rank.. at least in my case, figuring out the next year is really complicated and now I’m just in limbo. I’m sorry we’re in the same position but fingers crossed!

Waitlisted at Mississippi State and still haven't heard from LMU. feeling a little discouraged if anyone can offer some advice!
IS or OOS for MS?

Yeah I have a friend that was IS waitlisted last year. She was 8th and knew she wouldn’t get a call so she went ahead and got a tech job. My guess is at most 3 would decline. I know one person is declining but not sure if they have already. I just wish they would tell us rank.. at least in my case, figuring out the next year is really complicated and now I’m just in limbo. I’m sorry we’re in the same position but fingers crossed!

At most only 3 would decline? That seem awfully low :( I have heard a wide range of numbers, like I know a year ago Ohio State got to #40 on the waitlist. I feel like more than 3 seats will open up. Based on all the chats about waitlists, it appears a safe average is like 10-20.

At most only 3 would decline? That seem awfully low :( I have heard a wide range of numbers, like I know a year ago Ohio State got to #40 on the waitlist. I feel like more than 3 seats will open up. Based on all the chats about waitlists, it appears a safe average is like 10-20.

The Ohio State number is referring to OOS waitlist. IS waitlists only move 2-3 spots because almost everyone takes their IS offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that GPA and hours, it was probably your essays that held you back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an insight to how the Auburn OOS waitlist moves or has moved in the past?

Same boat! Waitlisted at Purdue, NC State, and Cornell (my IS). I have 2 acceptances but both options are outrageously expensive, so while I'm excited I know I'm in and I'm going to be a vet, I'm pretty disappointed to be waitlisted at my top 3 choices which also happen to be my top 3 cheapest options :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I'm so disappointed...I know how you feel but maybe it will end up good for both of us. I wish they would just tell us our ranks so that we at least can figure out what our chances are. I am in the same boat about not knowing what to do next year though. I am about to finish my Master's degree and I almost just want to give up on vet school at this point but everyone keeps telling me to just try one more time.

Reactions: 2 users
you literally have a really really good chance of getting pulled from the OOS waitlist at Mississippi State. I heard that they literally pull almost everyone off the list every year. Don't be discouraged!

Felt like y’all could relate

Attachments

• 607710DF-501C-42D8-981C-1464C5082F3D.jpeg
    607710DF-501C-42D8-981C-1464C5082F3D.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
OOS waitlisted for Purdue. IS accepted for Michigan State but Purdue was my top choice. :(

OOS waitlisted for Purdue. IS accepted for Michigan State but Purdue was my top choice. :(

Does Purdue rank their waitlist? Hopefully you'll hear something after the 4/15 deadline, that's usually when the most movement happens.

I'm waitlisted at Mississippi State too. I have very similar gpas and vet hours, so I feel your frustration. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Does Purdue rank their waitlist? Hopefully you'll hear something after the 4/15 deadline, that's usually when the most movement happens.
They do but they don’t tell you your position so it’s really just a waiting game. And yea, I’m not expecting to hear anything until after the deadline either which is still nerve wracking.

#4 on the waitlist at Penn. I am an IS applicant but they didn't clarify if it is separate waitlists. Does anyone know?

Waiting to hear if I get in off Kansas waitlist, but I have another acceptance. With the current economic situation, I can’t rationalize putting down the 2000 dollar deposit to the school I’m accepted to if I would reject it if I got into Kansas. Does anyone have any experience with asking for an extension on putting a deposit down? TIA

Waiting to hear if I get in off Kansas waitlist, but I have another acceptance. With the current economic situation, I can’t rationalize putting down the 2000 dollar deposit to the school I’m accepted to if I would reject it if I got into Kansas. Does anyone have any experience with asking for an extension on putting a deposit down? TIA

$2000 deposit??? What school is that

You are way more ahead for us!! But congrats!! Fingers crossed we both get accepted :) i got waitlisted at purdue and virginia maryland not knowing my rank T.T

Managed to get myself waitlisted at 5 schools - UF, VAMD, Illinois, Iowa, and LMU. HOW does this happen? If anybody has any insights to make me feel a little more at ease, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Managed to get myself waitlisted at 5 schools - UF, VAMD, Illinois, Iowa, and LMU. HOW does this happen? If anybody has any insights to make me feel a little more at ease, please let me know.

I think your odds are good! What’s your number at Iowa? A friend of mine was #125 last year and was pulled!!

I think your odds are good! What’s your number at Iowa? A friend of mine was #125 last year and was pulled!!

We have a few more days to find out our rank for Iowa and another ~2 weeks for VAMD! The others are not ranked

We have a few more days to find out our rank for Iowa and another ~2 weeks for VAMD! The others are not ranked

Keep the faith girl! I’m optimistic for you :biglove:

HOW does this happen?

Easy -- all of those schools think you're qualified and would like you as a student there, they just simply don't have enough seats/resources to accommodate everyone they think is qualified, sadly.

Reactions: 4 users

Same boat as you! I was waitlisted at all 3 schools I interviewed at! MSU, purdue and Virgina-Maryland. Fingers crossed we will get accepted at one of the schools!! :)

Thanks everyone! I hope to get pulled from at least one of them!!

Same boat as you! I was waitlisted at all 3 schools I interviewed at! MSU, purdue and Virgina-Maryland. Fingers crossed we will get accepted at one of the schools!! :)

We got this!

I am also wait listed at 5 schools :)

Waitlisted for WesternU (IS) and Oregon State (OOS). Both are unranked :(

Does anyone have experience or know the trend of WesternU's waitlist? I'm hoping I will get accepted over there!

Waitlisted for WesternU (IS) and Oregon State (OOS). Both are unranked :(

Does anyone have experience or know the trend of WesternU's waitlist? I'm hoping I will get accepted over there!
Does it really count as IS if they don't have IS tuition? :thinking:

Good luck!

Does it really count as IS if they don't have IS tuition? :thinking:

Good luck!
I know tuition is the same regardless of IS and OOS, but I like to think of it as my IS :D

• Haha
Does anyone know if there’s been any movement on Missouri’s OOS waitlist?

:)

Anyone who likes How to Train Your Dragon is automatically cool. Though this post does make me feel old as the first How to Train Your Dragon came out when I was 22. :laugh:

Don't worry about the waitlist thing. Seriously. I applied to vet school 3 years in a row and was waitlisted every year. I finally was accepted that third year. I get it, it stings, but if you have an acceptance, put your head up high, you made it! You will be going to vet school! Woot woot!! Besides a waitlist isn't saying "you suck" it is saying "damn you are good, we like you, you are worthy, but we just don't have enough seats and unfortunately when we put all the people we want to accept into the giant pot we have where we randomly pull out acceptances, yours just didn't get pulled out early enough." ;)

That was a wonderful way to see it! My heart literally felt lighter reading this. I am on the waitlist for Midwestern and Michigan, I try not to get down on myself. I know I have worked hard to even get on the list. Thanks again for the words of wisdom and experience.

Does anyone know if there’s been any movement on Missouri’s OOS waitlist?

My best friend declined her position OOS so that’s atleast one seat! I don’t believe they’ll start notifying anyone until April 15th

I ended up calling Kstate to see if I could have an idea of where I am on the waitlist because they don’t disclose ranks, and got an email this morning that I am in the top 1/3 of the OOS alternate list! It’s atleast nice to know

Reactions: 13 users
I ended up calling Kstate to see if I could have an idea of where I am on the waitlist because they don’t disclose ranks, and got an email this morning that I am in the top 1/3 of the OOS alternate list! It’s atleast nice to know

Same!! Fingers crossed for the both of us