Waitlist Galore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimpervious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on 4 waitlists and I've had 4 interviews. I've realized that my interviews must've been just okay...not horrible or good.

I"m waiting on:

USC (Nov. interview)
Western (Dec. interview)
Loma Linda (Feb.)
UOP (Jan.)

Yea....I'm not holding out too much hope for USC. It seems like people have gotten rejection letters already but I don't know if that includes people who were already interviewed. :confused:

The others are up in the air. Anyone else in my situation? What do you plan to do til you hear? If you don't get in?

Does anyone know what the chances are if you are on the waitlist? I'd like to be enlightened...hopefully with awesome info but I know I have to be reasonable.

Members don't see this ad.

Good questoin.....

To piggyback onto your question, is there a period after the committment cutoff date for those admitted so that those who were waitlisted can have the opportunity to get in? Even then, kimpervious might have four possibilities for admission; the three that she turns down will still have spots open~~~~~ how does that work? How late can an acceptance offer be made, and how late can a prospective student accept or reject that offer?

Good questoin.....

To piggyback onto your question, is there a period after the committment cutoff date for those admitted so that those who were waitlisted can have the opportunity to get in? Even then, kimpervious might have four possibilities for admission; the three that she turns down will still have spots open~~~~~ how does that work? How late can an acceptance offer be made, and how late can a prospective student accept or reject that offer?

Most schools give their acceptees around two weeks to respond (along with the deposit fee) if they intend to accept the acceptance offer. It would be nice to tell other pharmacy schools that you have been accepted to X school and will be going there so that the other schools will move on to other candidates. but if you dont respond or if you turn down the offer, the newly open spot will be given to the next person on the list.

Technically, an acceptance can be made as late as the first day of class but that rarely happens because a last minute decision to drop out of a pharmD program is usually only in cases of an emergency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good questoin.....

I can't really offer any insight into kimpervious' situation since I don't know anything about those schools...

As for your questions, eelo -Here's my take on how things work after the admissions deadline is reached and the adcoms have finished with all initial interviews: Schools send out the last batch of acceptance letters with "respond by" (aka send us money by) dates... In my experience, you usually have about 10 days-2 weeks to get them a deposit or lose your spot. I don't know how many schools do this but Samford actually sends out an email (after admission deadline/completed interviews) to those who are waitlisted and tells them their numerical "ranking" on the list. As they receive declinations from folks already accepted, they move right down the list and offer that spot to the wait-listers until the class is full. It is not uncommon for someone to receive an acceptance the week before classes begin (or at the VERY last minute, i.e. a day or two AFTER classes have begun).

My point - try not to get too discouraged yet! There's still time left for things to work out :)

Kimpervious I feel your agony! I have had two interviews at Midwestern CCP and Midwestern CPG, and I have one coming up for Temple. I have been waitlisted at both schools and I am praying I will get the acceptance from Temple if all goes well at the interview. I still have not heard from LLU or USN and I don't think my chances are that good from them either. I know how you feel though, going through the tortuous waiting process hoping I'll get pulled from the alternate list.