waitlist without interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shock-me-sane

RN, PhD to come
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:
So I just got a letter from Syracuse saying I am on the waitlist. I have heard NOTHING from them.

Is it just me or is this really strange?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just got a letter from Syracuse saying I am on the waitlist. I have heard NOTHING from them.

Nope. Not you. That IS really strange. Call them up and ask them what's going on.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that I've heard people say that they have received offers of admission without interviews. If so, then being waitlisted without one wouldn't be all that strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted (and accepted) without an interview. It happens sometimes, especially if schools either don't interview (rare) or interview only a select few. If those few people decline offers, they move on to the waitlist.

^ yeah I remember hearing about your story. I just would have thought they would have expressed some amount of interest before now.

^ yeah I remember hearing about your story. I just would have thought they would have expressed some amount of interest before now.

I thought so too. I assumed I was rejected and then right around this time (maybe even a couple of weeks later) the waitlist letter was in my mailbox.

You might want to call just to see what's happening.

Yes, its all very weird, I am fortunate to have a really good offer at one of my top choices which I am seriously considering but want to find out whether I have been rejected from my remaining schools. I emailed University Southern California and they said they wont be updating me on my status for another 2 weeks?! Its also one of my top choices but I will be peeved if I end up rejected and they could have told me now preventing me from holding off this other school who really wants an answer....

My only guess is that they are waiting for initial offers to go out April 1st before sending out rejections...I would like to think I am on the wait list but I am sure that is unlikely...has anyone heard if they have been waitlisted at USC?

Depaul clinical-community told me the same thing. I too thought it was odd, but apparently some schools do that.

I only just now got an e-mail from Wayne State about being on the waitlist. I already knew 'cause I had called them, but if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have known until now either.

I never interviewed with Northwestern and was notified that I'm on the waitlist. Anyone here that goes to Northwestern been accepted there without being interviewed? I'm curious what my shot is there.

I too got waitlisted at a school this year.