waitlisted 4 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kastalavanedor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on the waitlist for Wayne State University and my number is 3...

Do I still have a chance ???

Will anyone post here, whether he/she is going to turn down WSU ..... Please.... ???

Iam so upset, as this is the only instate Pharmacy College that I applied....

Members don't see this ad.

Will anyone post here, whether he/she is going to turn down WSU ..... Please.... ???

I am not an expert on any of this but I would guess 3 is great. I would assume at least 3 people that got an offer will decline to attend another school. That and there is always a chance the two in front of you get into another location and decline wayne state. At all the schools I interviewed for, they said their alternate lists created have a lot of people on them so to be at the top is probably a good indication you will receive an offer.

I agree with fmbzp5 - if you're gonna be on a waitlist, #3 is a good position to be in!! See Roll Call thread for further comments (I didn't realize you had already started a thread or I would have responded to you in here :oops: )

Members don't see this ad :)
hey kasta,

I can tell you this, a friend of mine got accepted and paid the $500 deposit but is still holding out for some other schools right now (acceptance is at begining of summer). I'm pretty sure he will get into whatever school he wants since he is super smart.
So that kind of brings you up to # 2 right?
heh good luck!

Wow..... I hope that if my daughter doesn't get an outright acceptance, she gets a waitlist #3...... that looks like an incredibly promising position to be in. I'm looking forward to reading another post from you telling us that you were offered a spot. ;-)

Thank you friends, for making my hopes stronger...

Hey, just passed on Wayne State....so thats one spot higher :thumbup:

Hi Asterix,

U meant u r considering another college instead of Wayne...??

Sorry i was just clearing my doubt...

Thank you for responding ....

Hey Young tree....

Did you get any news from your friend ? Im still hanging on this waiting list : (

So just asked...

hey kasta,

I can tell you this, a friend of mine got accepted and paid the $500 deposit but is still holding out for some other schools right now (acceptance is at begining of summer). I'm pretty sure he will get into whatever school he wants since he is super smart.
So that kind of brings you up to # 2 right?
heh good luck!

Hey, how did you figure out what number you were on the waitlist. Cuz they wont give out that information when i try asking.

Talk to Mr.Richard Slaughter. I emailed him first and then talked to him over the phone. He will let you know.

Are u on the waitlist too?? Its just hard : (

I have problems at home that makes me so depressed everyday:(

but Good Luck to you

I can defnitely feel your pain. At Pacific University - I am #1 on the alt. list. I have been there since mid March - with no movement. One thing that you might not know (because I didn't) is that your number on the wait list is not an exact number...

Many schools - I am unsure whether or not Wayne State does this - accept more students then they have seats. They do this knowing that a certain number will reject their seat anyway. What then happens, as people reject the school, the # of accepted students decrease, but they do not pull immediately from the wait list. As people reject the school, and the number falls below the desired class size - then they pull from the waitlist.

So far, I know of (4) people that have rejected Pacific University - and yet I am still not accepted. It might be cleared up if you ask someone at the admissions office if Wayne State does this.

Either way - you are still likely to get in. It is not uncommon for 20 % of an accepted class to decline their offers and attend another school. You should get in - it may just be later in the summer.

~above~