Waitlisted... What to do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chinny34

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been waitlisted at two schools, with no more interviews scheduled. Do you think taking a night class (Developmental Biology) this spring semester would increase my chances of being pulled off one of these lists?

FYI: I have a 3.25 cum, 3.4 science GPA, 11V 11B 13P MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,

I've been waitlisted at two schools, with no more interviews scheduled. Do you think taking a night class (Developmental Biology) this spring semester would increase my chances of being pulled off one of these lists?

FYI: I have a 3.25 cum, 3.4 science GPA, 11V 11B 13P MCAT.

I think that if your recent science courses were As, I don't know how much impact that would really have. If your recent classes were kind of borderline, and that's what might be holding up your app, then of course it couldn't hurt, and in fact might be helpful when you write a letter of update/interest mentioning how you have improved in the interim.

If you know what your weakness is, and it's something you can do something about (grades or ECs), then you can certainly try to shore up the weakness in the interim and then send them an update/letter in the spring. If not, then I'd just send a letter of interest or intent regardless. Good luck! :luck:

thanks,

I forgot to mention that I'm not a science major. So these schools might be hesitant to accept me based on my mediocre grades in a minimal number of science classes.