Waive or not Waive your right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious as to which option is better. Waiving your right to access of a recommendation? or not waiving the right? I just want to know which one the admissions committee wants.

Members don't see this ad.

RozhonDDS said:
I was curious as to which option is better. Waiving your right to access of a recommendation? or not waiving the right? I just want to know which one the admissions committee wants.

Waive your right!! They want to know that they have honest recommendations from you, rather than having the possibility that you picked out the best LOR's to send out. Shows you are more confident as well.

RozhonDDS said:
They want you to waive your right. If you do not it sends up a red flag, hinting that you have no confident in your examiners. Which usually means that you do not know them as well as you should. So in the eyes of the committee this might feel that if the letter is good, it is more of a fabrication then an actual portrait of yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
they give you the option to waive it or not... but its not really an option. there's a right answer and a WRONG answer.... and the wrong answer is to read it.

here's a question: If the letters are sent to aadsas like they're supposed to be, and they make copies and mail them to schools, how can the adcom know whether you read it?

Because you have to send them to AADSAS in a package, and they're each individualy sealed and signed from your Prof. How do you not know this if you've been accepted?

Galen1 said:
Because you have to send them to AADSAS in a package, and they're each individualy sealed and signed from your Prof. How do you not know this if you've been accepted?

because i never did that.

Galen1 said:

I didn't do this either. I had a pre-dental committee that mailed my professors' LOR with their own recommendation (a total of 3 - theirs and 2 profs). I didn't use any matching forms or go through AADSAS. So essentially, you could waive your right and still read it. In fact, you have to really explain that you've waived to your professors, or they'll offer to e-mail the letter to you for your review!

They just trust you.....it's more part of the "process"....taking the DAT...signing up for honors fraternities you never hear from again....sign the LOR waiver ;) They just want to know you feel confident about yourself. (Besides, it's good practice for patients trusting that you'll write the correct information in charts on the correct day!)

Back when i was applying, i never heard anything about a 'waiver'. Did you guys actually sign a waiver? With whom, aadsas? Or was it a specific dental school that required this?