1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

walgreens and cvs empoyees' attire

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Acid11, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Acid11

Acid11 I speak Chinglish
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    What do pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacy sales associates at walgreens and cvs pharmacies wear? This may be sort of a weird question but I want to know before working there. (Plain curiosity)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rx22

rx22 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I work at walgreens and usually wear black/grey/any other color pants with a sweater/top.. the top really doesnt matter coz u get to wear that white smock on top so most of its covered anyways

4. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I work at CVS and wear black pants, gym shoes, and a fitted shirt (it's what I'm most comfortable in). I've seen other people wear scrubs, sweat pants, pajama pants, etc. It doens't matter what you wear at the store where I work.

5. Jbuprepharm

Jbuprepharm The Poopsmith
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I work at CVS and we have to wear a shirt and tie and slacks (that is what is required for males). we also wear the white coat, so most of it is covered. Which is nice if you forget to iron ;)

They're not super strict on it, as I've worn a CVS polo shirt from time to time, but the tie is technically required... so you just hope a big wig doesn't come in when you're wearing not a shirt and tie.

I usually wear khakis and brown docs with it.

6. BearsFan85

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I work at a walgreen's and a shirt and tie is required. I usually wear tennis shoes too, just because you are on your feet for the entire 8 hour shift.

7. RX student

RX student NSU-WPB campus
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I work at CVS. Females dress business casual (khaki pants or dress pants), but no scrubs or cargo pants. Males have to wear button up shirt and tie. We can wear tennis shoes. And ofcourse, we wear lab coats.

8. droberge

droberge Admission or Bust
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Who cares... I worked for Walgreens. They both suck! :laugh:

9. rx27563

rx27563 Hopefully 08'
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    at CVS i usually wear khaki's with a dress shirt and tie..top that off with sneakers or my personal fav. hush puppies! :) and of course a lab jacket

i would not like walgreens' attire very much..that little white vest is pretty gay IMHO.

10. patmcd

patmcd Senior Member
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    As an intern at walgreens you wear the pharmacist jacket, not the vest.

11. shaun009

shaun009 Member
    5+ Year Member

That's awesome! Do you suggest working during your first year? Or should we get used to the program and work in the second year. I'm thinking of doing the latter.

12. Jbuprepharm

Jbuprepharm The Poopsmith
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I can't speak for Pat, but I would recommend working right off the bat, because, at least here, the first year is actually easier than the 2nd, in terms of how much learning there is. I'm frightened by next fall's schedule, it's ridiculous