Walgreens Employee Scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy1012

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know any information about the Walgreens scholarship they offer pre-pharm and pharmacy students. I wanted to find out more information and the details about it, also if you have taken it before what are the benefits and are there any negatives with taking it? Also are there any other good scholarships to apply for to help with funding pharmacy school? Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently work for Walgreens and I briefly looked at the terms & conditions of the scholarship. From what I remember, it wasn't a lot of money (like maybe $5,000 max) and in return you'd have to work for them for 2 years post-graduation. I would only do it if you're set on working for them in the future.

From what I understand, there are two education assistance offerings (like you mentioned): pre-pharm and pharmacy. To be eligible for either, you must have worked 1040 hours with Walgreens (equivalent to full-time for 6 months), among other eligibility criteria, including being recommended by your Pharmacy Supervisor or District Manager.
  • Pre-pharm: apply once accepted to pharmacy school or in 1st year, receive $2500 for required pre-pharm coursework
  • Pharmacy: apply in years 1-4 of pharmacy school, receive $2500 each year of participation
In general, applications are due by July 31st each year (or May 31st if you are in your first year of pharmacy school applying for the pre-pharm award). I don't believe there are any requirements that you must continue to work for Walgreens.