Walgreens in AZ refusing to xfer CIV before first fill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time is it where you guys are? I want to go to bed but I can’t stand to miss any of this excitement!

Members don't see this ad.

What time is it where you guys are? I want to go to bed but I can’t stand to miss any of this excitement!

it's like 10PM for me. I got another 4-5 hours to go.

Huh? you prove people wrong by running away and throwing a tantrum?

Then when you get trapped you go this route. Classic response from people that are proven wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm second shift tomorrow.

It should be well-known by now I'm Midwest located.

Then when you get trapped you go this route. Classic response from people that are proven wrong.

What route? I can't control your behavior. That was all you. Don't put this on me. The arguments have already been laid out in the first 3-4 pages. If you want to debate read that over first.

What route? I can't control your behavior. That was all you. Don't put this on me. The arguments have already been laid out in the first 3-4 pages. If you want to debate read that over first.

This right here, avoid the situation.

Let me summarize again then I'm out of here unless you try insulting me again

For how ever many years, we've been transferring original scripts, the dea says nothing has changed you may transfer.

Thread over goodnight.

This right here, avoid the situation.

Let me summarize again then I'm out of here unless you try insulting me again

For how ever many years, we've been transferring original scripts, the dea says nothing has changed you may transfer.

Thread over goodnight.

I didn't insult you. Everythign I said was true. You ran away from the argument. You threw a tantrum..and then you had the audacity to say that owle was a bad debater.

I didn't insult you. Everythign I said was true. You ran away from the argument. You threw a tantrum..and then you had the audacity to say that owle was a bad debater.

Huh? Wow just wow

No no, I'm not staying

Dea confirmed you may transfer. It's straight forward

Thread over goodnight.

Huh? Wow just wow

No no, I'm not staying

Dea confirmed you may transfer. It's straight forward

Thread over goodnight.

LMAO @ "thread over goodnight."

Anyways, the DEA hasn't clarified anything. They have only made it more confusing. So please keep that straight.

LMAO @ "thread over goodnight."

Anyways, the DEA hasn't clarified anything. They have only made it more confusing. So please keep that straight.

They confirmed nothing has changed

I said goodnight. Don't people in the west say goodnight back? It's bad manners not to.

They confirmed nothing has changed

I said goodnight. Don't people in the west say goodnight back? It's bad manners not to.

Which means that transfers of unfilled controlleds aren't legal then because the current regulations states that transfers are only for the purpose of refill dispensing.

Which means that transfers of unfilled controlleds aren't legal then because the current regulations states that transfers are only for the purpose of refill dispensing.

Nothing has changed, goodnight sir

Please just say goodnight

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if OP dreamed their thread would get to 10 pages of mostly bickering between the same four posters?

Dreams really do come true guys!

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if OP dreamed their thread would get to 10 pages of mostly bickering between the same four posters?

Dreams really do come true guys!
Goodnight owle

Reactions: 1 user
owle, say good night to this kid

what? is this really a thing?
In this household we say goodnight. It's kind of a if we never see each other ever again at least it was pleasent last words.

so that means transfers are not legal now...they had a chance to clarify it and they didn't.
I hope the dea sues everyone who is refusing to do these transfers because they have already clarified it, and now these pharmacies and their complicit pharmacists who are blindly following their corporate overlords are now causing undue delays in therapy for patients, and calling md offices to rewrite controlled rx's contributing to the spread of duplicate controlled rx's not to mention wasting everyone's time

I hope the dea sues everyone who is refusing to do these transfers because they have already clarified it, and now these pharmacies and their complicit pharmacists who are blindly following their corporate overlords are now causing undue delays in therapy for patients, and calling md offices to rewrite controlled rx's contributing to the spread of duplicate controlled rx's not to mention wasting everyone's time

Hint hint:

I've been asking every MD to file complaints with the board of Pharmacy every time they have to rewrite a script for a patient

You are aware you can take these rx on the phone right? it's easy to call. I haven't had an issue with any patient. We call the doctors and let them know why and they call the prescription in. Every patient I have dealt with in regards to this issue has been completely understanding, along with the doctors.

Hint hint:

I've been asking every MD to file complaints with the board of Pharmacy every time they have to rewrite a script for a patient

Now this is a waste of time.

And having to tell patients they have to go back to their doctors to get the scripts re-written. Now that's being a lazy pharmacist.

Yea that's not gonna happen. There's a higher chance of them prosecuting someone for doing these transfers. I get like 2 requests for these like every 6 months. I don't know what you work at where these are causing such an issue. No one has given me issues on this.

And having to tell patients they have to go back to their doctors to get the scripts re-written. Now that's being a lazy pharmacist.
It's a pain because the old pharmacy needs to remember to close the old rx, also not everyone in an md office can at the drop of a hat authorize another verbal controlled rx (because that is what you asking them to do, create a NEW ORIGINAL RX COUGH COUGH)

I also make the patient feed me grapes while i relax in my villa.

Not everyone is a beta male pharmacist that thinks every patient problem is their responsibility.

Reactions: 1 users
It's a pain because the old pharmacy needs to remember to close the old rx, also not everyone in an md office can at the drop of a hat authorize another verbal controlled rx (because that is what you asking them to do, create a NEW ORIGINAL RX COUGH COUGH)
You're just being spiteful. How many requests for these types of transfers do you even get. It's a poor attitude towards your colleagues and people who are just following protocol.

These guys aren't in it to be good pharmacists. They want to create harvoc and report peop

Yea that's not gonna happen. There's a higher chance of them prosecuting someone for doing these transfers. I get like 2 requests for these like every 6 months. I don't know what you work at where these are causing such an issue. No one has given me issues on this.

That's what saddens me reading these posts. For pharmacists to report their fellow pharmacists or encouraging doctors to report the pharamcists b/c they're following a policy set by the company (whether anyone agrees or disagrees) is just absolutely ridiculous. Like do these people calling the police every time someone doesn't turn on the light to change lanes, or overstep a cross lane at a stop sign... I mean, they must do.

It hasn't been a problem for me and I work in a 4k script store. Absolutely zero issues with patients or doctors. I don't know where you work, but you might want to reevaluate that.

I also make the patient feed me grapes while i relax in my villa.

Not everyone is a beta male pharmacist that thinks every patient problem is their responsibility.

Well, you're in the wrong profession. Your job is to take care of their prescription needs, if legitimate. If this is an issue that is out of their control, and you can do something about it, then do it.

But hey you want to encourage board reporting, so this isn't surprising at all.

You're just being spiteful. How many requests for these types of transfers do you even get. It's a poor attitude towards your colleagues and people who are just following protocol.
I always remember when they happen because it causes so much hoop jumping that it boggles the mind and makes me ask why was it changed at all, since the new policy creates so many more problems than it solves. It is teeth-grating making all the moving parts matchup to ensure a duplicate controlled rx has been approved by the md office, the old rx is closed at the other pharmacy, the pt is informed and doesn't all of a sudden just want to get it at the old pharmacy now since it is taking too long for the md to get back to us, now we gotta make sure this new controlled rx the md is going to send is closed and inform them they took too long and the pt going back to their original pharmacy to get it..., a bunch of hoopla.

He has several times...
There was one commentary where there was more vagueness than clarification. That's why we are in this situation. The DEA could come out tomorrow and set this whole thing straight if they wanted to. There are only two scenarios in this matter:

1. If you think the transfers are legal, then you must continue to do these transfers otherwise you are in violation of BoP and State regulations. You must comply to legitimate transfer requests.

OR

2. These transfers are not legal on the federal level and you don't have to comply to these requests. This is the stance that Walgreens is taking and this is the only stance that makes sense right now.

Some people here like to pick both sides, have their cake and eat it too. There is no circumstance where you think these are legal scripts and then refuse to do the transfers citing corporate policies. Corporate policies do not give you an out for breaking regulations. Some people in here are saying that they believe the transfers are legal but they still won't comply with these transfer requests.

So either all these corporations are forcing their employees to break BoP and state regulations or there is a legitimate issue here that the DEA needs to clarify.

Well, you're in the wrong profession. Your job is to take care of their prescription needs, if legitimate. If this is an issue that is out of their control, and you can do something about it, then do it.

But hey you want to encourage board reporting, so this isn't surprising at all.

I'll bet you think refill requests are obligatory as well

That's what saddens me reading these posts. For pharmacists to report their fellow pharmacists or encouraging doctors to report the pharamcists b/c they're following a policy set by the company (whether anyone agrees or disagrees) is just absolutely ridiculous. Like do these people calling the police every time someone doesn't turn on the light to change lanes, or overstep a cross lane at a stop sign... I mean, they must do.

What do you think happens to the pharmacist if there's a stupid new regulation and they get reported for following that regulation?

Use your brain.

There's nothing wrong with leveraging angry MDs to signal boost your message.

refering back to here
PART 1306 - Section 1306.25 Transfer between pharmacies of prescription information for Schedules III, IV, and V controlled substances for refill purposes
§1306.25
statement 3b/c does mention needing the original date of rx dispensing (upon attempting to transfer using my software. if the original date of rx dispensing is not input, it prevents the transfer. And it has been like this for longest time. People would bypass this with means of faxing the rx or give a verbal and manually invalidate the rx. Did we break the law each time we did this? We were bypassing our own system to do so. However recently chains have inform their RPh that is not the correct way of transferring.)
statement 5 does mention " refill purposes is permissible only"

PS, it's pretty cold today. BrrRrrr

refering back to here
PART 1306 - Section 1306.25 Transfer between pharmacies of prescription information for Schedules III, IV, and V controlled substances for refill purposes
§1306.25
statement 3b/c does mention needing the original date of rx dispensing (upon attempting to transfer using my software. if the original date of rx dispensing is not input, it prevents the transfer. And it has been like this for longest time. People would bypass this with means of faxing the rx or give a verbal and manually invalidate the rx. Did we break the law each time we did this? We were bypassing our own system to do so. However recently chains have inform their RPh that is not the correct way of transferring.)

Trumpwrong.webm

Those are documentation requirements for the pharmacist receiving.

Furthermore, 1306.05 is for all prescriptions, not just controls.

refering back to here
§1306.25

You realize this is for all prescriptions right? Everyone is on agreement you can transfer the original non-control but the law still states original dispensing date.

The unfortunate thing we are running into is people want black and white. If the med was dispensed you write the original dispensing date, if it wasn't you don't. Since it doesn't say that, people get confused.

It's sad really that people can't read a confirmation saying nothing has changed you may transfer. Heck it even specially states that electronic controls can be transferred even if unfilled and people still think that's not straight forward. It even references 1306.25 and states you may transfer unfilled.

What else can people possibly want then a straight up answer of yes you can transfer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'll bet you think refill requests are obligatory as well

I don't know if you are serious?. Do you even like your job?

What do you think happens to the pharmacist if there's a stupid new regulation and they get reported for following that regulation?

Use your brain.

There's nothing wrong with leveraging angry MDs to signal boost your message.

I have never met/heard of any pharmacists reporting other pharmacist EVER until reading these posts, which is sad.

Asking a doctor to report your fellow pharmacists b/c they're simply following a policy set by the company is absolutely stupid, whether you disagree with that policy or not.

At CVS interns can't mix antibiotics. Are you going to report the pharmacists that don't allow interns to mix b/c the CA BOP allows it, if you're an intern? Be a human being. Don't be a dick.

I have never met/heard of any pharmacists reporting other pharmacist EVER until reading these posts, which is sad.

Asking a doctor to report your fellow pharmacists b/c they're simply following a policy set by the company is absolutely stupid, whether you disagree with that policy or not.

At CVS interns can't mix antibiotics. Are you going to report the pharmacists that don't allow interns to mix b/c the CA BOP allows it, if you're an intern? Be a human being. Don't be a dick.

Quit being so naive, the most dangerous person to your license is your co-workers, followed closely by patients. I'm sure everyone at work likes you or at least you think so, but how easy is it for someone to call corporate to complain on you or call board investigator.

Having been in a store with spiteful rph and incompetent techs changes things LOL

The DEA doesn’t care about patient care. They’d be happy if every pharmacy turned in their DEA license and stopped providing controlled substances altogether.

Repeat after me:

"If i report someone to the board for doing something the board itself is making them do, nothing will happen to the pharmacist"

You are incredibly unintelligent if you can't understand that those reports are only acts of protest to the board.

You are a pharmacist.

You are not a receptionist or medical assistant.
Refill requests and many, many, many other things that weak pharmacists like you think are mandatory are not.
They're courtesies that have gotten out of hand.

RPhs like you are the reason the doctor's recording says, " Just hang up if you want a refill. Call the pharmacy because we don't want to be bothered"

I have refused to do refill requests when it was appropriate in a corporate setting and didn't have any problems

Last edited:
but if you go to the 2nd line... it said control 3-5?