wallet size vs. passport size photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys-
is a passport photo the same size as a 'wallet size' photo??? just curious as i'm planning on using a digital camera and then just developing them online. but, the only option for online is 'wallet size'
let me know- thanks
peter

Members don't see this ad.

I sent them all professionaly taken 8x10's. I got rejected from Stanford but one of the adcom members asked me for a date. Go figure.

Wallets are 2.5 x 3.5, passports are 2 x 2

Members don't see this ad :)
A 2 x 2 photo is a great size to send. Big enough to be seen but not too big so it covers your application when paper cliped to it.

Hi,

I used a digital camera and saved it to my computer, printing it through adobe illustrator--got a sheet of 24 poassport sized photos for a fraction of the price you'd pay at a camera shop. The photo-quality paper is about a dollar a sheet (pack of 10 for about $10 at any office supply store).

how did you configure to print the size of a passport pic??? thanks-

peter

be sure it's exactly a 2.00 inch square, those adcom secretaries record the dimensions of your photo in your permanant file.

btw, does anyone know if the *margin* counts as part of the 2x2? also, when they say, staple your photo, what corner should u staple, left or right ?? :)

Peter,

I saved the digital image as a jpeg in photoshop and manually adjusted the dimensions of the picture after cropping it and then copied the image multiple times to a new adobe illustrator document (i was told it was easier to align and print out of illustrator) .

I hope the margin counts... I left some cutting room around the edges!

Originally posted by candiedapple01
Peter,

I saved the digital image as a jpeg in photoshop and manually adjusted the dimensions of the picture after cropping it and then copied the image multiple times to a new adobe illustrator document (i was told it was easier to align and print out of illustrator) .

I hope the margin counts... I left some cutting room around the edges!

Sort of like what I did for a friend of mine. Digital camera pics, hacked to 2x2 in Photoshop, andput a bunch of them per page in Word (9 per page? 12? don't remember). Printed on photo quality paper. Looked pretty good, if I do say so myself, and I'm normally not the best photographer, but with the digital, I could just take 15 and keep the best ones.

-RA

I heard they want real pictures... not color printouts!