poloace

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2001
NY,NY
Visit site
Status
hey guys-
is a passport photo the same size as a 'wallet size' photo??? just curious as i'm planning on using a digital camera and then just developing them online. but, the only option for online is 'wallet size'
let me know- thanks
peter

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Visit site
Status
I sent them all professionaly taken 8x10's. I got rejected from Stanford but one of the adcom members asked me for a date. Go figure.

About the Ads

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A 2 x 2 photo is a great size to send. Big enough to be seen but not too big so it covers your application when paper cliped to it.

candiedapple01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Hi,

I used a digital camera and saved it to my computer, printing it through adobe illustrator--got a sheet of 24 poassport sized photos for a fraction of the price you'd pay at a camera shop. The photo-quality paper is about a dollar a sheet (pack of 10 for about $10 at any office supply store).

C

CyclinE

be sure it's exactly a 2.00 inch square, those adcom secretaries record the dimensions of your photo in your permanant file.

btw, does anyone know if the *margin* counts as part of the 2x2? also, when they say, staple your photo, what corner should u staple, left or right ?? :)

candiedapple01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Peter,

I saved the digital image as a jpeg in photoshop and manually adjusted the dimensions of the picture after cropping it and then copied the image multiple times to a new adobe illustrator document (i was told it was easier to align and print out of illustrator) .

I hope the margin counts... I left some cutting room around the edges!

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by candiedapple01
Peter,

I saved the digital image as a jpeg in photoshop and manually adjusted the dimensions of the picture after cropping it and then copied the image multiple times to a new adobe illustrator document (i was told it was easier to align and print out of illustrator) .

I hope the margin counts... I left some cutting room around the edges!

Sort of like what I did for a friend of mine. Digital camera pics, hacked to 2x2 in Photoshop, andput a bunch of them per page in Word (9 per page? 12? don't remember). Printed on photo quality paper. Looked pretty good, if I do say so myself, and I'm normally not the best photographer, but with the digital, I could just take 15 and keep the best ones.

-RA

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads