Date of submission: Planning on applying in June of next cycle
Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.963
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.957
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 26 AA, 25 TS, 24 PAT, 24 OC, 26 GC, 25 Bio, 26 RC, 27 QR
State of Residence: MA
Undergrad Attended: UMass
Major: Bio
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 60 hours of general/prosthodontics - Will be shadowing more this winter break to get to ~150
Volunteering Experience:
- 150 hours volunteering at VA hospital in the prosthetics department.
- Volunteering 3 hours/week at local food bank, will be at ~50 hours by end of semester.
- ~10-20 hours of volunteering through Habitats for humanity and club lacrosse
Employment: ~100 hours working for Meals on Wheels (delivered nutritious meals to elderly/disabled and completed wellness checks)
~ 1000 hours working as a grounds crew worker on a country club golf course
~ 500 hours at a gym working front desk/facility monitor
~ 500 hours as a cashier at local grocery store
~ 100 hours as a coach at a youth soccer summer camp
Research: None so far. I will be going abroad in the spring and will be conducting marine bio research while I’m there.
Other Extracurriculars:
- UMass Men’s Club Lacrosse (several practices a week, scrimmages in fall, full season in spring, ~300-500 hours so far)
- Biology TA (2 semesters, I graded work, hosted problem solving sessions for extra practice, held exam reviews, and proctored)
- Member of Pre-Dental Society and Habitats for Humanity
- Avid golfer, painter, and weight lifter
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Attended UConn admissions event with their dean of admissions
Relevant Honors or Awards: Abigail and Adams scholarship recipient, Dean’s List every semester thus far
LOR type and strength: I haven’t received them yet but I plan on getting a committee letter from the school. I plan on asking the Bio professor I TA for, my boss at the VA, and 1 (maybe 2) dentists from shadowing.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list: I could use input on my list as well as the # of schools I should apply to. I’m leaning towards specializing but haven’t fully committed to it yet. Other recommendations to improve my overall application are also welcome.
- Harvard
- UPenn
- Columbia
- Tufts
- BU
- UMich
- UConn
Maybe?:
- UNC (low OOS acceptance)
- UMaryland
- UCLA (Also low OOS acceptance)
- Temple