MD & DO WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted966978

Hello!

I'm planning on reapplying to med school in the 2019-2020 cycle and would like help with refining my school list and advice about whether I should also consider DO. I originally applied the summer before senior year (2017-2018 cycle) and got good feedback from my state schools - mostly to increase my clinical experience and raise my gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was a reapplicant I would apply to 30 schools. I wouldn’t do any trimming but just formulate a solid list. An adcom could help. Your overall app looks good. Make sure to get multiple credible sources to check your essays and make sure LORS are solid

If I was a reapplicant I would apply to 30 schools. I wouldn’t do any trimming but just formulate a solid list. An adcom could help. Your overall app looks good. Make sure to get multiple credible sources to check your essays and make sure LORS are solid
Thank you! I suppose in the long run, the cost will be worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest adding these MD schools to your list:
NOVA MD
Georgetown
Penn State
Seton Hall
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
St. Louis
Schools such as Emory, Dartmouth, Rochester and Southern Cal are reaches with your GPA and Tennessee strongly prefers their own residents.

I suggest adding these MD schools to your list:
NOVA MD
Georgetown
Penn State
Seton Hall
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
St. Louis
Schools such as Emory, Dartmouth, Rochester and Southern Cal are reaches with your GPA and Tennessee strongly prefers their own residents.
Thank you! Yeah, I have decent ties to TN but now looking at their MSAR data, doesn't seem like the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.