WAMC: 3.85 cGPA, 3.83 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doco2439

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.83
  2. Taking the MCAT this April, confident of getting 515-520
  3. Georgia, US
  4. Middle eastern ethnicity. Born and raised in Chicago IL.
  5. Public 4 year college
  6. PCE: 1500 paid hrs working in a busy 911 EMS service + 1450 paid hrs as a phlebotomist= ~3000 hrs PCE.
  7. ~50 hrs working in a epigenetic lab. Published and presented research on epigenetics at the honors symposium
  8. 55 hours of shadowing in general surgery, urgent care, allergy, primary care and Eshadowing (variety of specialties)
  9. Around 50 hrs of volunteering elderly homes, marathons, blood drives etc.
  10. Worked ~100 hrs as chem/bio/anatomy tutor. Honors program ambassador and involved in the pre-med club.
  11. Honors program and Pre-Med club. Was VP of the Pre-PA club.
  12. Still have one more semester left to get in volunteering and shadowing hrs to which I'm aware I'm kind of lacking in. Getting strong LORs from a general surgeon, ochem 1/2 prof and a&p 1/2 prof. Also I'm primarily applying to Chicago schools and one school in GA. I would greatly appreciate any advice.
  13. School list: RUSH (top choice), Pritzker, North Western, Rosalind Franklin, UIC, Midwestern, Loyola and Mercer in Savannah, GA.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @Omar2439
Your activities look very good and adding a little more volunteering will be good as well.

Check back in after you know your MCAT because making a good list requires knowing that number.

Mercer in Savannah accepts zero out of state students, so you can drop that one off your list!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @Omar2439
Your activities look very good and adding a little more volunteering will be good as well.

Check back in after you know your MCAT because making a good list requires knowing that number.

Mercer in Savannah accepts zero out of state students, so you can drop that one off your list!
My apologies if I haven't made it clear:rofl:. Currently a resident in Savannah. Lived here for quite a while

Members don't see this ad :)
Rush and Loyola are very service-oriented schools. They typically expect several hundred hours of non-clinical volunteering to the underserved, which is not really feasible to obtain in one semester.